not sure what to say again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not been here for a couple of weeks.... and not sure what to say... and not sure if i will dare to look at replys...... so here goes
    not doing so well..... i had been giving myself to drink once a week..... mostly successful but .... the outcomes of my drinking are never good.
    twice (including now..... sorry) i have drank on other days....... never a good idea.
    i am finding it difficult to come here as i dont know what to say anymore. when i was here and doing well i could help people and now i have issues.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Spuddleduck,
    I can only speak for myself when I say "keep coming here." I doubt that anyone will judge you or berate you. I have been in the same position many times: wanting to quit, vowing to quit and not being able to. Even now I am only a couple of months in to being sober so I have a long way to go before I can feel somewhat safe. Is there something that is triggering your drinking that we can help you with? Let me also ask this: What benefits do you feel you get from drinking alcohol? That's a sincere question, not at all snide or sarcastic. I am truly interested in what you believe drinking does for you.
    Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

tonstantweader;1190821 wrote: Spuddleduck,
      I can only speak for myself when I say "keep coming here." I doubt that anyone will judge you or berate you. I have been in the same position many times: wanting to quit, vowing to quit and not being able to. Even now I am only a couple of months in to being sober so I have a long way to go before I can feel somewhat safe. Is there something that is triggering your drinking that we can help you with? Let me also ask this: What benefits do you feel you get from drinking alcohol? That's a sincere question, not at all snide or sarcastic. I am truly interested in what you believe drinking does for you.
      What Tonstant said. Keep visiting and keep working on a plan on dropping AL for good. AF for 143 days and it gets easier over time, but you have to not drink.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Spud, you have company here - lots of it. We all struggle and feel shame about it, its the way alcoholism is. Can you say you're doing better than you were the first time you ever came here? I can, although right now I'm not, in general I am. In general I've cut my consumption in half, and it sounds like you're WAY ahead of me. I look it as a path to less and less boozing and less and less shame. I'm looking for the joy. It has to come. Its inside you.

Comment

I am readiing Jason Vale's book"Kick the Drink" and it says what so many have said here...once you admit you cannot drink and accept that it is posion....CELEBRATE...don;t mourn...we aren't missing anything are we.
          Hugs Spuds...no judgement from this girl!!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good to 'see' you, Spudling!!! :l

I totally second Tonstantweader - DO keep coming back! DO sound like a broken record... I often feel like that myself. You can do this Spud but I think Zennie is right in saying, this once a week thing doesn't seem to be working for you. That's ok... you tried it, it didn't work, now try something else. I'm in exactly the same boat. I can do the once a week/once in a while for a few weeks and then suddenly a bottle of wine on a Tuesday by myself sounds like a really cool idea. NOT. I caved over our holiday long weekend here (lots of company, etc.) but I'm back on schedule today and plan on being AF until Christmas. Won't you join me????
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi Spud,

Hope you are OK :l
              I'm fairly certain I gave this link before but take a look at it now:
              The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies
              I've been a member there for quite a few years but you can do a lot of reading for free. Learning to develop an attitude of gratitude is the best thing you can do for yourself

Let us know how you are doing!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Spuds, please get the book Kick the Drink by Jason Vale. It's helped so many here. What do you have to lose? Please read it and keep checking in and posting.

Hugs to you!:l

Comment

Thinking of you, Spuddle! Keep coming here. It will help you tremendously. Everyone needs support, even those who are struggling with the drinking still.

Comment

Hi Spuds,
                    I get tired of not knowing what to say myself here and in daily life. I'm glad to see you posting though because I know it means your trying your best to figure this whole confusing addiction out. Hang in there. The only advice I really have is one day at a time... I just always have to go to the basics when I'm feeling low.
                    :h

Comment

hello lovely peeps. again i am scared of myself... yet again im postong after drinking . im so sorry.. iwill get a better plan. the one i have is not working.... ill just post this and then i will post to say how i feel . im so sorry for not doing well... but iwill...... i will post a thread called polly is gettig well.
                      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hey spuds. I know you want to stop the madness because you keep coming back and I am so glad you do. Do you have a written plan? Maybe typing it in a post, or creating one and sharing it would give you some good feedback. Are there things you haven't been willing to try before that you are willing to try now?

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Spuds,
                          I want you to know I'm thinking of you :l
                          So the time has come to try something new, because what you're doing now is not working, right? Are you at a point where you are really ready to be honest with yourself (it's not easy, I know)? Please let us know exactly what your plan is and what tools you're using so we can figure out a way to help...we want to! :h
                          K9
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                          X