Baclofen and pain management clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am currently on 200 mg daily and have been AF for 52 days ( Yay)
    I suffer from chronic pain due to neuropathy and I am going to a pain management clinic.
    Does anyone else suffer with chronic pain problems and or had any experience with pain meds and bac and pain clinics.
    Any information about your experiences would be helpful. Thank you
    Shellybelly

Hi Shelly--just wanted to say welcome and good job on 52 days AF!!
    I don't know if anyone will come along and answer your meds question or not. I suggest you post it again in the meds section. All the best!
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Thank you so very much! I appreciate your reply, this is my first time on mwo.

Comment

Hi Shelly. First of all, welcome to MWO. This is a great place where you'll find the most amazing support. I post on the 'Journey' thread mainly, and it's a really safe and warm, loving place to be.

I, too, have Peripheral Neuropathy from drinking and suffered so much pain along with major stresses that I had a total breakdown and have been on Disability since 2002. I've been on Baclofen since the end of last year and hit 'the switch' at 200 mgs. I'm now stable on 100 mgs. Stopping drinking has definitely improved the pain I experience, but much of the damage is permanent, unfortunately. I'm also ADHD and take Dexamphetamine, which I think has really helped with the pain. I was only diagnosed and medicated last year, and believe that emotional pain is tied up with the Neuropathy as well. Baclofen shuts down some of the pleasure centres in the brain, which means any opiate pain killers don't work either, so Panadeine Forte and Oxycontin won't work on the pain (I think, don't quote me on that).

I hope this has been helpful.
        :h Mish :h
        sigpic
        Never give up...
        GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
        Remaining a perpetual possibility
        Only in a world of speculation.
        What might have been and what has been
        Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Hi Mish. Thank you very much for your reply - it was very helpful. Your story really spoke to me! I would really like to talk to you more about your experience with neuropathy and baclofen. Can I send you a personal message? Look forward to talking to you. Shellybelly

Comment

Working...
          X