I'm Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Back

In more than one way. I was active here after a particularly rough time this time last year (funny that), but when my problem subsided, for the most part, I fizzled out as a participant here. After some ups and downs this year, with only two really bad spells, I though it better to return and take constant cognisance of my situation.

This last one was quite bad, and if not for my parents being at the other side of town, would have slept on the street on Sunday night, after moving out of my house share after finishing all his booze while he was at work, then spending a whopping Sunday drinking that started at the pub at 6.15 am (Yes, wow, they opened early for the SA-AUS rugby game) and ended when I left at 10pm.

I'm Back

Hi BradyKelly, sounds like you need the support. You've come to the right place - head to the Newbies Nest and this time stick around. It is very hard to do this alone - most people don't understand. Read, read as many posts as you can - you will find so much here that will resonate with you.
    I would also like to recommend a great book which I read myself 2 weeks ago - Kick the Drink easily - Jason Vale. This book completely changed my way of thinking about alcohol. I am alcohol-free because I love this life that I have found on the other side of it....
    Good luck to you and hope to see you around soon.
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
    X