i'm done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm done

So, I woke up this morning feeling like I am really done drinking from now on. I did drink too much wine last night - but didn't black out!!!- and usually after a drunken night tell myself this same thing. But this time I feel different. I actually feel empowered, like I won't fail. Other times I've known I would fail and was just wanting to quit because of the guilt I was feeling.

Maybe I am feeling TOO good about this, like it is gonna be easy. I'm gonna need a plan.

Any ideas for keeping busy - not bored - when home alone. I get bored with television easily and don't really have any 'homemaking' hobbies. I get through books very quickly if they don't bore me. I can't stand finishing a book if I am bored with it.

i'm done

Dove, I love to knit and crochet. It really helps to pass the time away. I've also really gotten into Netflix and movies - we rent a lot of older ones.

How about crossword puzzles or Sudaku - something like that? Jigsaw puzzles are fun too.

Make sure you have something to replace the "drink" like a beverage you enjoy or a low calorie healthy snack.

Are you alone? I'm married - it would be easier if I were alone. Some people think differently. Hope this helps.

Comment

i'm done

Thanks. Yeah, I am married but he works most nights from 3pm to midnight or 1. So I end up being alone in the prime drinking time!

Comment

i'm done

Hi Dove,
        Isn't that a great feeling...to be empowered. In my free time I listen to audio cd's. I agree with wwbard about having something good to drink in alcohols place. I plan to use Crystal Light in the evening.

Do you have time to go to a gym and workout? Or do scrapbooking. Doing a family picture project takes up time. Planning a vacation even it's just a local thing. I'm not really good at coming up with long term projects because I have kids that kind of deter that for now. Find a hobby outside of the home. I used to go scuba diving and sky diving as a hobby...pre kids.
        Sorry I'm not much of a help. There will be others who have great ideas. Take Care.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
        X