You know you're AF when.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you are alcohol free when you happen to pass by a liquor store which used to be on your regular "circuit" and find out it has renovated and doubled in size and you had NO idea because you haven't had to stop there in SIX months!

Celebrating my six months today is a direct result of all the supportive people at MWO. Thank you for helping to create a miracle in my life! Reading your posts and following suggestions in the Tool Box has been just what I needed to keep my sobriety going ODAT!!!

Here's to all of us on our journey - wherever we may be - in finding our own way out!!!
    AF 4/18/11

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep walking. Buddhist Saying

:groupluv::groupluv: Awesome job! Its so great to see success stories here and 6 months is awesome.

I had to stop at my old regular liquour store tonight to get my bosses some alcohol for bosses day and it felt so great to not even have the slightest desire to get my old poison. They were happy to see me and excited i was doing so well. Said see ya and left with the gifts. So amazing i am no longer enslaved by the devil.

You are doing great ... keep up the good work!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Well I still have a long way to go as I have not been AF that long and the cravings at 6pm are still there.

But I must say I definitely think AL is poison and I don't want it in my body most of the time and I didn't think or feel that way when I was boozing. So now that I am AF I am slowly getting more repulsed by the thought of drinking.

And I am much more aware of how warped our society is about this drug.

Comment

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS ON 6 MONTHS AF WANT2BE!!!:yougo::yougo:

fABulous!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Congratulations on 6 months AF!!! Great job!!!

Comment

I've only been AF for two weeks and was leery of going grocery shopping last night, since evening shopping is a BIG trigger for me. When I passed by displays and aisles of wine at Trader Joe's, I had NO desire to put wine in my cart. NONE. Once I got home, I ate a 300+ calorie scone. I'm permitting myself more sweets this month, including full-sugar sodas once in a while - it seems to help, actually - but feel I can release sugar as well in the not to distant future. At least 7Up or scones won't make me act like an ass.
            "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Good job want2be! Congrats!
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Congratulations on the 6 months!

You know that your af when.

At the end of a birthday party while two wasted friends have to tell themselves "step step" when you don't need to do it since your sober and you remember your first time being drunk and having to tell your self "step step" because you were so wasted, and you don't miss it one bit.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

When you take a Beer Factory Tour and you opt out on the free beer samples.......Congrats AF members. Tony
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

WHEN YOU JJJJJJUUUUUUUSSSSSSTTTTT CAN'T STOP SMILING!!!!!!!!!!:HGINA

Comment

When you do Karaoke at 1:30am and still do a good job because your not drunk and your not slurring the words.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X