I'm ready to stop drinking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the absolute best wife in the world, and am ruining my relationship with her just so I can drink. I need all the support I can get.:thanks:

It's really good that you have thought about what's happening in your life. It can be hard to take control, but it is really worth it, believe me. Two months ago I could not have said that, now I can - my perspective on life is a little bit different. I used to really ignore my husbamnd and child - anything to get to that next drink. But it really is more fun to be a part of their lives, not watching drunk from the sidelines and feeling remorse over and over again.

If you really want to change you life you can. And remember, you will gain so much more than you lose by not drinking - even though it wont seem like it for a while.

Lots of love and support

Cash

xxx
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Bless you Cash

Cashregister wrote: It's really good that you have thought about what's happening in your life. It can be hard to take control, but it is really worth it, believe me. Two months ago I could not have said that, now I can - my perspective on life is a little bit different. I used to really ignore my husbamnd and child - anything to get to that next drink. But it really is more fun to be a part of their lives, not watching drunk from the sidelines and feeling remorse over and over again.

If you really want to change you life you can. And remember, you will gain so much more than you lose by not drinking - even though it wont seem like it for a while.

Lots of love and support

Cash

xxx
      Thanks for caring enough to respond...I just joined this site late last night when I woke up in the middle of the night hung over yet again. I know just what you mean about remorse..it can eat you alive. I am going to try...I pray I am strong enough. Thanks again for your support.

Gl on NYE.

Wurmnr1

Comment

Thanks Ding Dong

Ding Dong wrote: I have a great husband and two kids and have thought I've ruined it.. but you are realizing what you are doing and that's a start!! Try everything you can! For me this is a staple, I also have counseling, and the prayers and thge food I eat and.... I fall off and get REALLY PISSED, but then realize EVERY time I do this, I AM STILL better than where I was a year ago, when I would not think to controll or apologize or feel guillty, just do..

Here is where you need to be.and your wife can be here too...

DD
        Thanks so much for your response...it helps just knowing people out there actually care. I have been wanting to quit for a very long time, and just wasn't strong enough to try. Thank you God for leading me to this site. God bless you DD, and all the best for the New Year.

Wurmnr1

Comment

Wurmnr1: You are strong enough. We are all strong enough. It takes time to jump off the merry - go- round of destruction. Once you do it, and try hard enough, you will feel stronger. Right now, I am seriously down and hung over. I feel helpless, but I know this feeling will pass. For me right now, I need to reach out and get help some where and fast. Right now, I should be commuting to work. Instead, I need to go to an AA meeting and talk to people who understand me. I need the support right now to carry on. I feel awful for causing my husband so much pain. I'm wrecking my life and my marriage. I know that if I try hard enough, I can make my life better. We all have the strength. Did deep and believe in yourself.
          September 23, 2011

Comment

It's great that you realize this now, before your relationship is totally destroyed. I used to resent that my husband was critical of my drinking. I thought it was a form of control. Now, I know that it was because he loves me, cares about my health and wants us to be together in our golden years.

We miss so much when we are operating on "auto-pilot" without memory of the details. We do and say things that we would not normally dream of. Too many fights were fueled by my hateful comments when I was under the influence.

That has changed. And, it is good. Especially, the very way in which I think has changed.

Hang in there! Be cautious while your hub is away. That's always a hard time for me because I feel like a kid, when their parents are gone. This would be a great time to pamper yourself!!!

Hugs :l

Best
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Wurmr1;

You sound like a very strong and ready person! Hang in here with us, and you will get strong support and love to help you along your journey.

Brandy

Comment

Working...
              X