Diet/AL Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diet/AL Podcast

I just listened to a fascinating podcast about what AL does to your fat-burning capabilities. If you're interested, it's on iTunes, search for "Beyond Diet Podcast" and download episode 59, "Quickest Way to Burn Fat." It's free. Just another bullet in the armory to shoot down our pal AL.

Diet/AL Podcast

Thank you for this. Really ramed it home for me. I think I will head back to the zone diet and see how it works without AL in my life. I already do the exercise.

Comment

Diet/AL Podcast

I'm listening to the pc right now....this is great information. Thanks for the tip, Crims.

I have also heard that Al is a culprit in insulin resistance and hypoglycemia which I suffer from. Did I get this way because I drank or did I drink because I was this way? The Chicken or egg query is actually moot. I can say with total certainty that Al fried my systems in all sorts of ways.

It sure feels good to be healing!
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Diet/AL Podcast

There's a lot on this guy's podcasts about AL and insulin resistance too. I am concerned about becoming prediabetic and am pretty darn committed to nipping that in the bud. Concentrating on good health and weight loss (I'm 51, 5'6 [167 cm] tall and 140 lbs [10 stone]). I have an extremely narrow, slight frame and am therefore over 20 lbs overweight. Giant belly and bust, the worst type of fat for prediabetes. I ballooned from 105 to 165 last year quickly and every other habit just went down the sewer from there! I am unraveling all that piece by piece now.

Comment

Diet/AL Podcast

I had mild gestational diabetes with my third pregnancy and I carry weight on my belly. I am very prone to bloating. I have noticed since that pregnancy that I eat much more sugar than every before. I have had no diet soda so far today which is also a big first for me.
          Perserverance is the key but I am never yet proved to be good at it.

Comment

Diet/AL Podcast

Oh dear, now I'm addicted to podcasts. I just found this great collection on iTunes:
            search "Addiction Treatments That Work" hosted by Kenneth Anderson (and no, I'm not Kenneth Anderson lolz). There are all kinds of different interviews including those on faith-based recovery, self-guided recovery, harm reduction/modding, hypnotherapy, LifeRing, Practical Recovery and lots more.

Comment

Diet/AL Podcast

Do I have to have IPhone to download? Does it cost anything?
              Thanx, Shiner

Comment

Diet/AL Podcast

You can get iTunes app free online for either PC or Apple -- one of Steve Jobs great ideas. Just google iTunes and download it for free. Once you have it, go to "iTunes Store" on the left hand column, search for your term. It will organize results into categories -- choose podcasts and find what you want. Most podcasts are free. You can listen on your computer or transfer it to a portable music player.

Comment

Diet/AL Podcast

@Shiner, did you get the podcast?

Related to this topic, Dr. Oz had a show today about the different perils of being apple, or pear, shaped. Apparently a big derriere is a healthier sort of fat but harder to lose, while belly fat is easier to lose but coats your organs in these disgusting pillows of fat. Of course he had some real organs there, bleeeeeeh!

I'm the apple shape, and in the original podcast I mentioned here, there was talk of the body having to first burn off AL before it could absorb the nutrients from food. So if all this adds up, I see where this extra upholstery came from. He was recommending low-fat dairy at every meal for pear shapes, and high quality fats like avocado and olive oil for apple shapes. This makes no sense to me, as the toast he presented was smeared with a whole avocado and olive oil and I estimate would be about 650 calories -- and he was suggesting it as a snack, not a meal! I should eat no more than 1200 daily for slow loss, and mostly keep it a little lower.

Oh well, he may be running out of topics with a daily show, and I am getting a bit weary of audience members masquerading as -- er, something -- and crawling through a giant representation of a colon. But I am losing pretty rapidly by just eating right with calorie-counting and no AL. It does seem like AL has wreaked havoc with my weight.

However, several people from my circuit training class have gone to a place in San Diego called the Optimal Health Institute (again, I have no connection to this place). I believe it's a nonprofit, and it includes a diet of only raw and whole foods and fresh juices, meditation, yoga, rest, health classes and lectures, blah blah. Apparently it quickly reversed the ravages of one drinker I know so much he had to be whisked off to the hospital -- where they promptly took him off every middle-aged med he was on! Speaks volumes, doesn't it? He was pretty hefty and also lost 11 lbs. in two weeks; I think the effects of our pal AL can reverse fast if you're squeaky-clean.

Comment

Diet/AL Podcast

thanks

For posting all that information Crimsons. It's very helpful.
                    I listened to the beyond diet podcast today.

Have you ever tried hypnotherapy? I think it's pretty amazing. I advise seeing someone in person rather than buying a CD to get something directed to your exact issues. It is expensive though.

Comment

Diet/AL Podcast

Yes! I love hypnotherapy! I have seen someone who combines it with very gentle yoga poses in a recliner. Delightful.

Comment

Working...
                      X