Army Thread Sunday 30th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beagle;1200653 wrote: expires in 2 mins....
    I'm there Beags!
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

me too......
      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Hello again

Well, I did manage to get some sleep after all! Yay!

Thanks for all the advice re the morning cravings.

How long have you been running for whizzy? I agree with Jackie - you should write a book about your achievements.

Those croissants look absolutely delicious expatty! Drool!

Stirly - great to have you back. I've missed you too! :l

And well done on your quizes JC! Next time my PC starts playing up, I'll know who to turn to!

Comment

afternoon all, seems like we ahve alot fo positivity around here today. Really glad to hear you're doing well reccy, and that you slept

xIC
          I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Hello inchy How're you?

Comment

Hiya Reccie,Inchy Beagle, Ringing C and Pingu
              Started running about 10 years ago in an effort to get mobile after spinal fractures.
              Long story short I could accept that I would never get mobile, as at the time I could not walk more than 5 yards OR try to walk through the pain.
              The rest is history after 6 months the pain decreased to such a level that I stopped the drugs and soon was able to run.
              However, my running did not improve until I gave up the drinking. I used my runs before as hangover busters.

Comment

Wow, what a story whizzy! How was your meeting with Kelly Holmes? What was the occasion? (I know, I ask too many questions!)

Comment

Recluse;1200683 wrote: Wow, what a story whizzy! How was your meeting with Kelly Holmes? What was the occasion? (I know, I ask too many questions!)
                  She was doing a bit of a masterclass at a local gym and the manager asked me to come along and as I had no transport I had to run 4 miles to the gym. So I was out of breath before the start. She was lovely but quite driven and gave me some pointers re my running.

Comment

beagle;1200652 wrote: would anyone like to chat with me?Darn, I only just now saw this. Did anyone go to chat with Beags?
                    Recluse;1200660 wrote: Hello again

Well, I did manage to get some sleep after all! Yay!

Thanks for all the advice re the morning cravings.

How long have you been running for whizzy? I agree with Jackie - you should write a book about your achievements.

Those croissants look absolutely delicious expatty! Drool!

Stirly - great to have you back. I've missed you too! :l

And well done on your quizes JC! Next time my PC starts playing up, I'll know who to turn to! Reccie - I missed all of you guys, too. :huggy
                    InChains;1200673 wrote:
                    afternoon all, seems like we ahve alot fo positivity around here today. Really glad to hear you're doing well reccy, and that you slept

xIC
                    Good to see you Inchy!!
                    anon;1200682 wrote:
                    Hiya Reccie,Inchy Beagle, Ringing C and Pingu
                    Started running about 10 years ago in an effort to get mobile after spinal fractures.
                    Long story short I could accept that I would never get mobile, as at the time I could not walk more than 5 yards OR try to walk through the pain.
                    The rest is history after 6 months the pain decreased to such a level that I stopped the drugs and soon was able to run.
                    However, my running did not improve until I gave up the drinking. I used my runs before as hangover busters.
                    Mrs. A, you never fail to amaze me. How did you start to run if you could barely walk? And, if I may be so nosey, how did you break your spine? I'm afraid to run as I have two herniated discs in the lumbar region of my spine and I'm afraid that running would put too much strain on them.

Okay, where is everyone else? JC? Zennie-butt? Mr. Mario? Tipster? KTABbers, just to name a few. Oh, and where is our Squirrel?
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

You called.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

afternoon all

just spent the past half hour putting crazy make up on my girl who wanted to look like a witch.......

off for a nice hot soak soon before strictly and x-farce results on TV
                        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Thank the Lord we don't have to watch the x-factor this week. The son and heir and his girlfriend aren't here.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hiya stirly!

I was wondering the same thing about Mrs A's spine, but was too polite to ask!

I expect the squirrel is busy stockpiling nuts for winter. Doesn't she start work tomorrow or was that last Monday?

Hello Jackie and pingu too.

Comment

Think it's tomorrow, Reccybear.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Spine bust by Osteoporosis=heavy drinking causes brittle bones.

Comment

Working...
                                X