My thoughts about quitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I simply came to the conclusion that i will not be the person that i want to be and that i have the potential to be. 'Potential' is an interesting word, as it implies our spirits are like a human seed, with all the information we need for good living contained within.

I think that deep down underneath we know what we are capable of, so i pitch to you, have a really good look at yourself inside. Hear your inner voice and if you are still drinking, perhaps try to give up for a while so that you can hear your inner voice. I don't know where all that came from, but there's been an inner voice i've been ignoring for a while. And, what happens when we keep ignoring things? They get louder

So i implore you, give up now and listen to (HEAR) your inner voice xx.
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

I believe that inner voice has been with us since conception or perhaps before. I think I understand your post and happy you're hearing yours.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

My sentiments exactly

I'm doing great now that I forced myself to listen,
      and looked at the big picture instead of pretending
      all the chaos was a bunch of isolated incidents.
      Not at all. It was a destructive pattern of life,
      with lost days increasing all the time-lost weekends,
      dangerous situations,$$$$ blown and all the rest
      of it. Yuk! No more for me.
      Kick the Drink (book) did reinforce what I thought-
      that AA is not for everyone AND I am not giving
      up something; I'm GAINING my life back!

Comment

Ann 221;1201409 wrote: I am not giving
        up something; I'm GAINING my life back!

Hey, that's a really good philosophy Ann: gaining something back! Your life.

If i look deep down underneath, the reason that i drank is that i did not have the confidence to embrace the sort of life that i want and that i am capable of living. Now, i need to re-examine myself to work out what that life is. I've always wanted to write a book, or deliver a message to the Universe somehow. Now
        may be time to actually hone my writing skills and get going. :question2:
        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
        X