Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jealous of normal wine drinkers

A box of wine lasted you how long?

I drank them in a single evening. Not the small boxes either.

The only way wine would last more than 3 hours at my house is if it came in a box, and I was the only one drinking it.
    That was " before" I became a "true" alcoholic.

Sigh.

I keep reading and reading. I just pray that someday I figure it out.

40% of us die directly from this disease.

What scares is that I can accept that? Do you know what I mean.

I smoke and drink and I smoke as much as I drink.

I am tired of the merri-go-round but never seem to face that I want to get off of it.

Just laying the cards out. (Big statement here, friends.)

I have another friend here who is in the same boat and we both wonder why we "can't" get it.

Sorry to do the "downer" thing. I want the BEST for everyone out here. But my brain simply is having "issues" with getting sober.

My life is going down the tubes and I am scared. Perhaps not scared enough.

Or perhaps, I don't care enough.

Ciindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Perhaps I woke up a cockroach in my bed and realized it was the best thing for my family.

The Cockroach Franz Kafhka.

Ohmigosh, I sound so morbid. I do think, however, he had something important to say.

T.S Eliot, also but they developed in tough times. Much like we are seeing today.

I am not sorry for the morbidity. Life is what it is. I should get sober and make lemonades out of lemons.

We all should.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Yes, I used to laugh (internally) when people told me they had a problem with drink - they had ONE each night to relax! Hello?! wish I could have (when I drank wine) cut back to 1 bottle! But I do have lots of alcohol in the house that I have no interest in whatsoever, some been here for over 20 years, some recent bottles over 5 years and I do not have any inclination to touch them whatsoever. There's even beer in the fridge (but not one I like) that's I've had no inclination to drink. So perhaps there' s hope :-)

Cindi - I have the same feelings; I am trying and wanting to stop and scared of my failing health, but then I think, well perhaps that's who I am, what is meant to be. But still working on it... :-)

Comment

i can sooo identify with this thread.
          can't remember the last time a bottle of wine would remain unfinished in my fridge.
          whilst i wake every morning, cinders & blondie, with all the best intentions, so far i have failed to make inroads into my problem. but i'll keep trying, & working at it. i want to just get a start, & take it odat. easy to say, not so easy to do!

Comment

I always left a small amount left in the bottle to justify that i had not drank two bottles at least. Even though i felt like shit but i still had not had two bottles. very proud of myself on that one and a good day was if i only drank one and a half bottles,i was practically sober. Not! It is funny how we justify our drinking but there is no justification. I thought to myself this morning "oh its friday tomorrow" i can have a drink. I have never waited till a Friday to have a drink, i waited till Friday to drink more. One drink a night would be heaven but i have a very big wine glass that takes half a bottle. (saves me walking to the fridge time and time again)

you guys are very inspirational thank you

And i managed to find 4 different bottleshops so that the one would not think i had a problem. That is very sad and if i did go into one i hoped that a sales assistant i didnt know was on.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I have the same feelings, also.

However, I told a good friend tonight on MWO, that when I wasn't there for them, I was gone.

I have been good for a good while.

A long, long while.

I was always the "to go girl."

Today, I am the "Don't near her now"

My daughter and my son are the same same.. (So is DIL)

Oh shoot. I was the "go to girl,."

Not anymore.

It makes me sick. You have no idea.

I am tired of the "the drunk in the fami;y.

I have no node place to lay myself as the drunk in wirkplace, either.

My husband had no clue either.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Are you ok Cindy?

Comment

Working...
                X