need you all today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need you all today

good morning, I am up and wondering if I will drink today?? Don't want to Don't need to so I am hoping that this will get it out of my system - It"s day 7 and I would like to wake up tomorrow and feel good. I would never quit drinking if I did not get hungover but this has got to stop.

need you all today

I wake up every morning and say I won't do it, but then by mid afternoon I just give in...this is so frustrating, what is your motivation? I am having the same problem/.
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

need you all today

I feel like a salesperson for Campral but I swear it works. There is some info on the boards about this med used for abstinence or you can google for more info. If you are serious about an alcohol free life, I really encourage you to look into Campral if you have not. Some willpower is still required but only like 5% instead of 100%. Also, read the Alan Carr book, Quit Drinking the Easy Way. It was a huge help to me and is no longer in print but you can order from Amazon.

All the best to you. Believe in yourself. It can be done. I will not say Good Luck, as luck has nothing to do with it.

Comment

need you all today

It is so frustrating and it hurts I want to be a moderate drinker like some people but it seems impossible believe me I feel your pain I'm feeling it right now. I have a real bad hangover and it is so not worth it.

I wish you all the best!!! And take care!!

Kit
        AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
        Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

need you all today

I want to be able to drink too, and just avoid the routine of going home and drinking every night. I said to myself I would limit it to only when I am out, but i break that promise with myself everytime. I am going to try some supplements first, I am embarrased to tell my doctor, and then if those don't help I will lean towards a prescription. Everyone around me has no idea, probably because I am a fitness freak, I even run half marathons, don't know how I pulled that off, but I did good considering I am dehydrated all the time. I guess I just don't want to let my image of being strong get tarnished by the problem, i want to be able to control it on my own.
          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

need you all today

That sounds so familiar, I'm afraid that people will find out. I feel like some people might know sometimes I feel like such a failorbecause I can't seem to control it
            AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
            Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

need you all today

I think it may make it a little harder to go it alone, but right now I would like people to think I am strong and i think it would chnge their perception of me, and I worked really hard to get where I am. If I can't do it alone I will try something else, but reading the postinds is really helping,
              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

need you all today

I can't spell aparently.
                James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

need you all today

Morning everyone....Newgrl, you don't have to go it alone...there are plenty of people here to keep you company, (and VERY good houseguests they are too!!!!), it may seem weird thinking of other faceless people as a friendly support group, and i guess it is sometimes, but on THIS site, whether it's the mix of people, the common link....I don't know, but I do know IT WORKS........
                  Sammys...do you have the supps and meds and stuff yet??? This is a BIG help once you have decided to really go for it 7 days is GREAT... the first 7 were my hardest physically with all the withdrawals and weird hallucinations and stuff, and although mentally, it still isn't a breeze, it's much better now....keep thinking of those AF days...do you REALLY want to go back to day one and start over??? Go for the A.Carr book that Lucky recommended....it helps to get the mind into the right frame to approach this from a completely different angle..
                  Kit Kat...hope you're feeling better sweetie...will look for your posts on your other thread today....

lots of love all.....Weemelon

Comment

need you all today

how are you doing sammys, you still having a hard day?
                    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

need you all today

hello just got home from work and checking in thank you everyone, I am kind of scared to take anything though. I know that sounds stupid considering the amount of alcohol I can consume. But I will check into some stuff what the heck it can't hurt. I will be checking back with you all soon and kitkat your ok.

Comment

need you all today

campral

I have to agree with lucky, Campral is fantastic. try it. really

Flip
                        It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

need you all today

flip you are right it does not matter how slowly I go - just matters that I feel I can change my life. Why the heck do I feel everything is such a race, must be that instant gratification thing we all want.

Comment

need you all today

Sammys,

7 days is great! You must want this life rather than your life before. I didn't have hang-overs and I still wanted to quite. There is so much more harm being done, other than the way this makes us feel the next morning. The list is endless!

Keep going, this is like a marathon that will last the rest of our lives. It doesn't matter who crosses the finish line first. We are all running together. Enjoying a much better life!

Hugs :l

Sherry
                            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
                            X