Day 168 af

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 168 af

Day 168 af and although I had a close call this past weekend (I was busy and didn't get to post) I now feel stronger then ever that I can and will remain af (and no I didn't drink. A friend bought me a beer not remembering that I quit (I haven't seen him in awhile) and I was so close to drinking it, but was able to get out of it in the neck of time) and I am so grateful to remain af. Being drunk is not worth it. Its only for a few hours, and then you feel like crap the next day. AF LIFE ROCKS!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 168 af

Good for you! :goodjob:

Comment

Day 168 af

:yougo: Congratulations on working through that situation and staying AF. You are taking care of YOU and that is so important!

What are you going to change in your plan to avoid picking up that drink more confidently going forward? All of these situations are great learning opportunities!

You are so right about a few hours of fun not being worth the price we have to pay for it. And the price just gets higher and higher as more time goes by. NO THANKS!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Day 168 af

That is so awesome Drifty! And so strong to have refused a drink that was already bought for you by a friend. You must feel mighty fine! An inspiration to us all!
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

Day 168 af

Right on Drifty, way to stay strong with the devil juice right in front of you......:goodjob:
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day 168 af

Doggygirl;1203540 wrote: :yougo: Congratulations on working through that situation and staying AF. You are taking care of YOU and that is so important!

What are you going to change in your plan to avoid picking up that drink more confidently going forward? All of these situations are great learning opportunities!

You are so right about a few hours of fun not being worth the price we have to pay for it. And the price just gets higher and higher as more time goes by. NO THANKS!

DG
            I am going to remind my friends that I quit drinking when they offer it the next time.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 168 af

Bravo Drifty!!! You are an inspiration...
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Day 168 af

Good job declining Drifty and taking proactive steps for next time....
                Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
                X