Army Thread Thursday 17th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KTAB;1209858 wrote: Morning guys. Indeed Oney been asking myself the same question. DW tells me to stop projecting years even decades forward.
    Me too.....Will be a big year for me next year Ktab, I hit 40!! Finding it very very hard to accept to be honest, I just keep pretending that it is not going to happen, well I never did think it would happen to me. I have to find some way of accepting age because it depresses me every time I think about it.

The youngest also starts school so I will have nobody at home for the first time in 12 years...will be really weird not to have a little one to look after!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Howiya Mario!

Shout out the window for them to get their finger out!!

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Oney you will really feel it when she goes to school but after a period of time you will begin to enjoy the 'me' time I think.
        On getting older, no one likes to be reminded of our mortality and I think that may be the issue for you? Personally the way I always see it is it's better than the alternative. There are many good points to getting older as well as negatives but it depends on how one chooses to perceive it.

Mario you could always give them a hand seeing as Jim ain't around today.

Zenny sounds like you are having fun with your new smart phone.

Expat, delighted the meeting went so well, I can't imagine how tough it must to go through that issue alone.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

one2many;1209862 wrote: Me too.....Will be a big year for me next year Ktab, I hit 40!! Finding it very very hard to accept to be honest, I just keep pretending that it is not going to happen, well I never did think it would happen to me. I have to find some way of accepting age because it depresses me every time I think about it.

The youngest also starts school so I will have nobody at home for the first time in 12 years...will be really weird not to have a little one to look after!
          I hit 50 next april one2many,feel great and doesent bother me in the least and i still have my hair & teeth

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Ktab its all done by forklifts,cant be getting involved there. nearly there .

Comment

Well she is in playschool for a couple of hours in the morning now Ktab so I am easing into it!!!

I think I just don't want to be leaving my youth behind and my face to fall about...totally vain and selfish I think> I need to cop on and be grateful that I am healthy and alive.......so many others don't live to see 40.

Do I look 40??? ha ha there I go again, am driving Rob mad!!

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

mario;1209870 wrote: I hit 50 next april one2many,feel great and doesent bother me in the least and i still have my hair & teeth
                Maybe it's a woman thing Mario!! Besides men look more distinguished and shit when they get older...women look like cougers lol.

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I have looked at everything in that direction Zenny but it's not do-able for many reasons I can't go into. Proppping up a failing business with borrowed money is a form of denial, so true to form for me I suppose. I know the temporary answer to my cash flow is to go out and get a job and I am spending a lot of time looking but without any success so far. Begining to wonder am I am still employable. Starting anyother business takes cash so that's a catch 22.

Comment

one2many;1209874 wrote:
                    I think I just don't want to be leaving my youth behind and my face to fall about...totally vain and selfish I think> I need to cop on and be grateful that I am healthy and alive.......so many others don't live to see 40.

Do I look 40??? ha ha there I go again, am driving Rob mad!!
                    Hahaha @ poor Rob.
                    Wishing werent getting older is like wishing we were born a foot shorter or a foot taller, a total waste of time and brain power and I need the bit of mine that is left.

Comment

I am outa here, laters Army.

Comment

KTAB;1209882 wrote: Hahaha @ poor Rob.
                        Wishing werent getting older is like wishing we were born a foot shorter or a foot taller, a total waste of time and brain power and I need the bit of mine that is left.
                        Yep you are right, just need to change my mindset...fecking harder than the drink if you ask me!!!

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I might get botox for me 40th Mollers...altho botox scares the shite out of me to be honest....I would rather look old that permanantly surprised like Kylie!

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

LOL @ facelifting like a mad woman.
                            See ya mario.

Comment

Ok here is a different take on it for you. When you were 20 you were probably attracted to guys around your age and you dressed, thought and behaved like a 20 yr old. The thoughts of some wrinkley old bloke aged 40 would have been a yuk. At nearly 40 you dress, act and look differently and a good looking guy in his 40s would warrant a second glance while walking down the street. Well it's the same for guys and if you see a couple in love at 65+ are they looking at their partner and think who is this wrinkly old sod, nope. Our brains adapt I think. Or maybe that's all just crap.

Comment

happy hump day

off to work now, teaching little kids to hammer the piano then singing all afternoon......

laters x
                                I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Working...
                                X