Friday 18th November Army Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business isn't good anywhere atm Reccie, but I'm sure you know that.

What makes you so chipper at, um, 2/3 am?
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

You're absolutely right about business, sadly.

It's 3am here. No reason in particular for feeling chipper, but I'm well rested, well fed and not drinking at this precise moment and that's good enough for me.

Do you work alone in your shop?

Comment

At this precise moment?? I hope that means no more tonight....

I've been in business for myself since 1995 Reccie and had many employees for about a two year duration. Since business was typically seasonal my employees moved on to more full time/consistent work or had babies! lol I still keep in touch with past employees. That does not answer your question though. I am solo and have been since May.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

I should have said "I'm completely sober at this precise moment"! Not got any drinking planned in the immediate future.

Must be tough running a shop all by yourself. It can't be easy to take time off sick if you're not feeling well, for example. What happens when you want a holiday? Is your shop open on Saturdays or have you got tomorrow off?

I'm asking too many questions again!

Comment

Haha as I said to the girl in the shop tonight, when she asked if I had the "miles" card....I have one but I won't be going anywhere soon. I'm happy to get out of dodge for an evening. I do work tomorrow, but off Sundays, unless I get a booking for the sauna.

You and I ask many questions. Not a problem. Good to hear you're making progress Reccie! The sleep will come, I'm sure.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I like to think I have an enquiring mind, but the truth is I'm a nosey bugger!

Anyway, I'm gonna disappear off outside for my constitutional while I'm still feeling positive. Talk to you again soon, I hope.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Comment

Recluse;1211054 wrote: I like to think I have an enquiring mind, but the truth is I'm a nosey bugger!

Anyway, I'm gonna disappear off outside for my constitutional while I'm still feeling positive. Talk to you again soon, I hope.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
                Nosy buggers unite! I hope I haven't buggered your positivity. Enjoy your constitutional my friend.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                X