Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Festive AL-free drinks for thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be the first Thanksgivning in many years that I will be AF - what are your favorite beverages? Not sure if I want anything that already looks like "toy" booze (martinellis, Ariel al-free wine, etc.) I'm not a soda drinker, but managed to divert a beer-craving last night with a trip to the liquor store and veered myself away from the beer to an orange Pellegrino.

Are there some yummy crafted root beers, ginger beers, or AF cocktails and other recipes that you can share?

thanks,
    Z.
    "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

I came from one of those rare enclaves of family which had NO AL during holidays (or any other time really). But still I fell into it, hard. And the stigma was even harder. I LOVE sparkling fruit juices. I don't like when they try to make them look like alcoholic drinks, but the taste is great. And, personally, I've found I just love the bubbles.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi Zin,

I found that it was best for me to keep it simple. I was a big beer drinker. When I first quit i did drink soda from a can, a lot of tomato juice--can be spiced up with worcest. sauce and hot sauce, etc. I also drank quite a bit of club soda/lime, tonic water and ginger ale. At first I put my drinks in a pretty glass. At times I drank non-al beer--usually with tomato juice added and green olives.

Now, I mostly drink water or tea, or my other vice-Diet mountain dew. If you are into something a bit more festive--there are lots of options out there.
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi

Coconut Water is great cold with lots of Ice

Patrice

Comment

This was in another thread, but it is so good I'll mention it here. San Pellegrino Limonata. It is very, very, very tart, but you can cut it with seltzer.
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

PUMPKIN SPICE SELZTER BY POLAR SELTZER! Ok, can you tell I sorta like this stuff. Sadly, I just bought the last 3 bottles at walgreen's yesterday and am drinking one of them now. I would buy a whole case if I could. Eggnog Seltzer is still in stock and I might have to buy that out next. It's weird to explain but these are non-sweetened sparkling waters with just a hint of the flavor in them. No calories, carbs or artificial sweeteners. I highly recommend the holiday ones and also the regular flavors they have like lemon, lime, blueberry, pomegrantite, vanilla, cranberry lime, raspberry lime and the list goes on and on. It is just cool to have a seasonal one for the holidays...makes you feel like you have a special drink!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

Knudsen Spritzers and Santa Cruz Root Beer and Ginger Ale--awesome af stuff.
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

BlondeAFAmbition;1212845 wrote: PUMPKIN SPICE SELZTER BY POLAR SELTZER! Ok, can you tell I sorta like this stuff. Sadly, I just bought the last 3 bottles at walgreen's yesterday and am drinking one of them now. I would buy a whole case if I could. Eggnog Seltzer is still in stock and I might have to buy that out next. It's weird to explain but these are non-sweetened sparkling waters with just a hint of the flavor in them. No calories, carbs or artificial sweeteners. I highly recommend the holiday ones and also the regular flavors they have like lemon, lime, blueberry, pomegrantite, vanilla, cranberry lime, raspberry lime and the list goes on and on. It is just cool to have a seasonal one for the holidays...makes you feel like you have a special drink!

Oh MAN, I have GOT to try Egg Nog Seltzer......some of those others sound good, at the moment, my favorite is plain seltzer, with fresh lemons/limes, it seems to taste better than the manufactured lemon/lime flavors. Thanks for the 411 Blonde!!
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Great suggestions, I am going to try some of them. I was actually just looking at my china cabinet and I have so many beautiful glasses that I still want to use. I just went to whole foods and bought a non alcoholic sparkiling "wine" called "Seven". I really like it because it isn't sweet. I mixed it with my diet gingerale and drank it out of my cut crystal champagne glass and it was really good and I was able to use my glass. There is so much alcohol flowing during holidays at our family get togethers. My sister drinks Proseca and this willl be my substitute.

Comment

Working...
                  X