Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promise to myself and a promise to my daughter

Hello all,

For the first time I had the guts to tell my daughter a couple of days ago, that it would be a good idea I don't drink alcohol anymore. She was very happy. Not that I have done anything mean or regretful around her (not yet as this addiction always gets worse over time), but she is getting older and I can't help but realize that she is seeing Mommy with a beer in her hand at the end of the day. And the look on her face when I told her was relief, happiness and pride. What's better than that?

What have I been teaching her? That when you grow up the only way to unwind or relax or reward yourself "normal" is to do is grab a drink at the end of the day. No no no no no! I have younger boys too and that image is being placed in their minds as well.

Time to erase the image that AL is a friend, a way to enjoy, relax, unwind. It does nothing of the sort. It just causes you to die a little bit every day until there is nothing left.

I do not want to send the WRONG messages to my kids about AL. AL is poison, destructive, rips your energy, happiness and life right out of you.

AND MOST OF ALL, I am sending the right message to myself.

Hi Meech,
    Just wonderful to read, hun. What a fabulous example you'll be setting for your children.

My kids are young adults now and they absolutely love their sober Mum to bits. Admittedly they were a bit surprised at the beginning but they wouldn't have it any other way now.

So lovely to see your progress, Meech.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good for you Meech.....my kids are thrilled too!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Right on Meech, mine dont fully understand what I am doing at the moment, I just dont want to teach them, that at any time after 5:00 they should have a beer in their hand.

I hope and pray they never even pick one up, but that would be wishful thinking....well done my friend.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1714877=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

All my family from my children to my extended family love that I don't drink alcohol any more,well done Meech.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

For the first time EVER when I think of being a non-drinker it actually excites me - it doesn't scare the be-geezies out of me. I am still nervous but I try to cut that fearful thinking off immediately.

I can I will I am doing it right now - sober living.

Comment

Wonderful Meech!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
              X