Sobering Up Relapsed Many Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am 32 started drinking heavily after divorce and just being lonenly and its hard to make friends like back in the day that took you for who you are..
    I was drinking up to a gallon a day up until Sunday. Then started to taper. quit completely for a day, then back on. Now trying it another time.
    My ativan is about to run out. I got ir prescribed as I was going thru withdrawl from the local ER Room. Headaches are the worst and nausea and shaking. what other ways do you recommend thats OTC thsat can calm it, I know this is not a place for medical advice but maybe something has helped for someone.

Hiya Guy

Baclofen is a possible option. It isn't OTC, but you can order it over the internet. There are also doctors who prescribe it in the States.

Have a look at this thread: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ead-50513.html

Specifically read the case study on the use of baclofen in treating alcohol withdrawal: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15371700/Alc...addolorato.pdf

It would be best if you sought medical advice, though. Severe AWD can be extremely dangerous, as I'm sure you're aware. I wish you all the best.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thanks, I have talked to my Doc. Yes the withdrawls are horrible.
      Just finshed reading the use of baclofen, great read thanks.

Comment

Hi there, and welcome

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Hi There,

There are lots of OTC things thst you cant try to help you through withdrawals. One that cmes to mind straight away is magnesium. It will help to minimise the headaches and calm you down. The powder form is the most digestible. Drink heaps pf water mixed with lemon juice as this helps the liver detox. All the B vitamins are essential especilly Vit B12 AS This will present weniCKES Korsakoffs symdrone...an irreversible brain damage caused by drinking. iF anxiety is a bigproblem, goto your doctor and ask for a weeks worth of a sedative like valium, alepam or whatever it is called where you are...you need to sleep, hydrate. Take some hydration salts from the pharmacy as they will help your body to equalise. You have to remember that you have stripped your body bare of all the essential elecxtrolytes and nutrients that it needs to function normally and you wont feel any better until they are replaced. You can do this ande it is so worth it...sAFF XX
          I am part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. - Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Working...
          X