EVERYDAY THINKING. OUR THOUGHTS on the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im putting this thread out in desperation. ive been here for some time .. had a great sober time ... i thought i had it sorted but no... i have yet again sunk unto the shit that alcohol gives me. i've come back to MWO but i cant commit to a thread of 30 days AF.. i feel i cant commit to anything at the moment other than wanting to be better than i am. i want my thoughts in life to get better. i get scared of even posting here,,,, im me, im someone else .. at times i dont know who i am..... im scared but i am gonna start a thread.... maybe for my thoughts (i dont know what to do)and maybe thoughts of people who are scared of commiting to a long time.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Hey Spuds
    So good to see you posting. You know... you only have to commit to today. Can you do that? With me? I'm totally committed to not drinking today. Even though I'm not sleeping well at all right now (and look the part - yick) I know that I am infinitely better today than any day I'm drinking. So, today I want to be better than on a drinking day.

How about you?
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I'm with you GG. Today I will not drink. Spuds. You can do this, too.

I'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Spuddleduck, I was up to a gallon of Rum a day, soon after my divorce thats all that would help me. This board has helped me. I am new but it has helped and I hope you can do it, You did it once before so its possible. Longest I ever went was for 4 months. I wish you the best!

Comment

Hi Spuddleduck,

I just wanted to send some support your way. I'm glad you can fight your way through the fear and loneliness enough to come here. I have my own version of fear of the future too!

One thought that sustains me comes from Confucius: "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." I am pulling for you!
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

today i was very positive.. my christmas cake was looking really perfet. mr spuds help me put a teaspoon of rum in it. .... i had a sniff of rum

Comment

Come on Spuds
              One day at a Time...
              you know we are all rooting for you
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

unfortunately. even a sniff of rum turns polly into 'folly' i seem to have kno control of her... POOLLY TURNS INTO FOLLY AFTER ONE SNIFF OF ALCOHOL....... so that is why i am now sitting here wondering how to get rid of this alcohol beasto npm beast on my nack

Comment

the thief on my tougue steals my brain .. i have a very good brain... and it is getting mashed by the evil... very very evil monster slcohol.

Comment

Perhaps, for now, you and Mr. Spuds could use the fake Rum Aroma for baking?

Come on Spudling... you're better than this. If it's too late to commit to today, PM me when you get up in the morning. We'll get through the day together, ok?
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

thanks gg for your positive thoughts. tooo late i have had a drinik . not feeling good about it but i have. i know i have to go to work tomorow., i know i have to take the dogs out for a poo tonight ..but yet i still know i have to drink the litte wine in front of me...... i am trying hzrd.... just give me a mpment.....be nicexxxx

Comment

Spuds - I answered your PM but your in box is full, please empty it when you get the chance and I will resend :l
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                        X