The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for december

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Fen, some branches of my family tree don't fork. And Hubs had an uncle who's dog shot him, and he also sawed off the limb in the tree he was sitting on. His wife's teeth were so bad, she painted them with white shoe polish. Our progeny don't a snowball's chance in Hades!! You tell Mrs. if she doesn't want to host us all up there taking proper care of you, she best let you get well! laster: :H
    Yes, MB, I sorta 'clenched' over that procedure myself, just hearing about it!! :bum: Hope you've enjoyed your day off.
    Was reading the story of Loretta Young and Clark Gable's love child's death. What a bizarre life she had! The difference in the era was incredible, and the lengths they went through to keep the girl from knowing. When she was 15 she met him, had a long conversation with him, but didn't know until after his death he was her father. Or that her 'adopted' mother was actually her birth mother.
    Had to go down and pay some taxes at the quiet little town down the road. They had automobile tag decals available that read 'In God We Trust' and I got a bunch of them. Won't get into a debate about the issue, but as for me and my house, we'll be displaying them.
    Time to get some more done. Later, all.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow;1219263 wrote: Yes, Fen, some branches of my family tree don't fork. And Hubs had an uncle who's dog shot him
      Did the dog shoot him on purpose? :H

Comment

Sorry, Vick and Tony, x Post!
        Vicki, you're house was spotless in the video, and just beautiful. I can't imagine what you thought of my 'dust decor' at the cabin! It's great you're feeling good, if sore. I'm SO jealous of you and Kell having that experience. Let's the 3 of us put our heads together and decide who we should all drop in on next for an unexpected visit. Maybe Nora. I've been wanting to go to California.
        Nora, I'm SOOOOOOO sorry I missed your birthday. I feel terrible!! I keep meaning to check each day for birthdays and forget.
        Tony, you need to update me on how things are going around your 'estate'. PM me if anytime.
        Grateful, I'm sorry to you too because I neglected to mention your friend Leah. That is so heartbreaking. I've seen that happen with young mothers, and they are so burdened with how their children will be taken care of through life it makes dealing with disease even harder. I truly hope something will change, and she can see her child grow up. If not, all you can do is reassure her she will always be remembered, and you'll do whatever you can to make sure her baby is happy. It's just so sad to think about, but you are wonderful for trying to do whatever you can.
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

fennel;1219276 wrote: Did the dog shoot him on purpose? :H
          No, he thought he was a squirrel.
          sigpic

Comment

Whoo Hoo! Think I may have found my next Rottie pup. This is his daddy....

And this is him.......

Now, to be REEEEEEEAAALLLLLY nice to Hubs for 5 minutes. awprint:
            sigpic

Comment

buddy playing with coco's tail
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

more of buddy and coco
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Oh, Rog...how cute!!! :h

Comment

so cute Rog!!!
                    Mimzey - I would love a doggie, but ever since our beagle, Max, was hit by a car, Bret can't bring himself to get one. For such a big toughie, he really is a teddy bear inside.
                    Kelly, I am so sorry about Leah. I don't even know what to say. I hope you had a nice trip with Jeremy today.
                    I cleaned a little, did some laundry and we are about to grill steaks. Me arse is so sore I can't stand for long.....I may go a doc in the box tomorrow, but I really don't want to spend the money.
                    As far as cleaning goes...Bret WISHES I was a clean as you freakos......I like clean, but I don't alphabetize....:H
                    Feeling kind of blue and bah humbug today, but tomorrow is always better right??
                    Time to fire the grill up
                    xoxoxoxoxoxo
                    Jan

oh...Mimzey...will you be naming your puppy JAN??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????
                    Hi sweet Vicki:h
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Rog, that's precious. Coco is so beautiful, and obviously a very good dog. She doesn't seem EXACTLY sure about Buddy, but Buddy seems fearless. Coco hasn't been eating anything obstructing lately, huh? You might need to change her name to Lucky! :H
                      Berit hasn't been feeling well lately, so she's spent all but her food and bathroom time on her bed. Today, she seems much better. Rog, what did you think of the prospective puppy pic I posted. (that sounds like a tongue twister!) How about the other cat. Gotten any braver yet?
                      sigpic

Comment

rubywillow;1219146 wrote:
                        Mishy, aside from the visual :wow:, since my daughter works in medicine, I HAVE heard of that. It's common in people on strong medications with not enough fluid intake, and very painful. Let's just say I'm glad everything 'came out' alright. Tell me, do you organize your clothing as meticulously as your cabinets, like all brown socks together, all bras color sorted, etc? Hmmm, yeah. Guilty here too. And since I've been too busy to keep it up, I'm overwhelmed. A crooked picture on the wall drives me :nutso: Good luck with your visitors. I'm always happy to see them arrive, and thrilled when they leave!
                        Yes, Ruby, my wardrobe (I guess you'd say closet) is meticulously organised. Going from left to right we have suits, straight skirts (long then short), flowing skirts (short then long) short dresses and finally long dresses. On the second rail we have (from left to right) coats, jackets, cardigans, warm long sleeved tops, cooler long sleeved tops, short sleeved tops and empty coat hangers. All shirt fronts face the same direction. I colour co-ordinate where possible (more on that later).
                        Boots and shoes are placed according to length and colour and quality. My "ruby slippers," my pride and joy, still live in their box in tissue paper. I'll post a picture of them soon and you'll see why. They're glorious.
                        Stockings are carefully rolled and placed in sealable bags...knee highs, sheer, seamed, colour (older ones labeled "for wear under long skirts) etc. Socks and undies have similar 'rules' applied to them.
                        Non-OCD people might think this is exhausting, but it's quite the opposite. It's only when I can't keep it like that that I become overwhelmed. I know it's a control issue. I can't always control what goes on in my life or internally (although I'm getting better at that), but if I can control my immediate environment I find a sense of peace.
                        I'd love to come and organise your cupboards everyone...I find joy in doing it...PM me when you want to know my bank details so you can deposit the air fare...

I cant believe I wrote the word 'calcicated.' What was I thinking...calcified, of course. Just shows my mental state at the moment.
                        Vicki, I mean how do I find your photobucket site...
                        Love you all, now off to Mother's to fill some of her strange requests.
                        :h Mish :h
                        sigpic
                        Never give up...
                        GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                        Remaining a perpetual possibility
                        Only in a world of speculation.
                        What might have been and what has been
                        Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

X MB. Since it's a male, he might be offended. It's AKC, and for it's registered name I'll wait to read it's ancestors name, but I've decided whichever one I end up with, it's totally outrageous AKC name will start with Wolfgang's Yonah von Berit, but just call him Yonah (which is Cherokee for sleeping bear). Will go through those steps in case I decide he's show worthy. No idea if this will work out or not, may have to keep looking. I know some people have strong opinions about buying a registered dog as opposed to a shelter pup, but I've brought home my share of those, we regularly contribute to a shelter, and this dog is already in the world and I can guarantee it a good home. Will NOT be bred, either, so another plus.
                          MB, some days we just need to chill and not worry about chores. So don't fret over how much you got done today, hon. You are a busy bee all the time. Enjoy your steak.
                          sigpic

Comment

OK, Mish, here's another one. Are you EXTREMELY particular about how your laundry is folded? I won't even let anyone load my dishwasher, either. :H Hmmmm, understanding myself better. Hubs says I have OCD, ADD, all the 'D's' I guess. His dog has given me ulcers with her awful messiness.
                            Hope your mom's better.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't think you can get the full sparkly effect from the photos, but each of those little discs is a shiny sequin. The bottoms are sparkly, too, but that will come off with wear. I kind of tip toe across the parking lot until I get inside on the carpet when I wear them. They're hideously uncomfortable, but hey....

Colour co-ordination is my speciality. Back in the day (1986) I did a $5 000 course when the Carol Jackson 'Color Me Beautiful' was in vogue. Amway did $50 weekend courses, but this was the full three month course and I loved it. Of course, I didn't follow through with it but I 'do' all my friends colours for nothing. I'm an "Autumn" (about 8% of the population) so 98% of my wardrobe is in Autumn colours. Hence, everything is pretty much colour co-ordinated anyway...I just like to keep all the reds together, all the greens etc.
                              I know, it's tragic, isn't it.
                              Ruby, have you ever embarrassed yourself by straightening pictures in friends' homes? Fortunately my friends understand me and don't take umbridge at my neurotic tendencies. Attached files [img]/converted_files/1722735=6503-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1722735=6504-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1722735=6505-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1722735=6506-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1722735=6507-attachment.jpg[/img]
                              :h Mish :h
                              sigpic
                              Never give up...
                              GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                              Remaining a perpetual possibility
                              Only in a world of speculation.
                              What might have been and what has been
                              Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

rubywillow;1219453 wrote: OK, Mish, here's another one. Are you EXTREMELY particular about how your laundry is folded? I won't even let anyone load my dishwasher, either. :H Hmmmm, understanding myself better. Hubs says I have OCD, ADD, all the 'D's' I guess. His dog has given me ulcers with her awful messiness.
                                Hope your mom's better.
                                Now thats my kinda Mom............mine didnt seem to have such a problem.......:H
                                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                                X