The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for december

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just found out my 19 year old cousin was paralyzed from the waist down in a skiing accident on the 30th....
    if you think your life is bad think of poor Dylan.....he is the same age as my son....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Again, I am reading when I get a chance. MB there will be a small memorial later, and her ashes will be scattered by immediate family after that. I'll pray for Dylan. It's such a hard thing to learn any time, but at his age, Oh My! My16 y/o neighbor had the same thing happen, and was lucky to live. Now, several years later, she has married happily, is planning a family, so there IS life ahead, if he can get through this difficult time. Everyone around him must be positive, but give him his space to re-adust his life. One of our dearest friends became a quadraplegic at 25, and passed away this year at 59. His memoral service was filled with such memories of his life before and after the accident, and he raised two WONDERFUL children. Plus, today's American technology is making wonderful strides forward in helping them walk again. I'm thankful everyday for our wonderful doctors here. Hugs to you, and you rest too.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

thanks Mimzey...just so sad

Comment

Oh, mama...I'll pray for your cousin. Such a tragedy. :l

Comment

MB,

Naa I would never dream of crashing, I have legitimate reasons for cutting them out of my life, it is just strange that's all, and the fact that my being gone from them is not bothering them just confirms the total disregard they have had for me with the exception of when they needed something from me or my hubs. I knew it to be true but I guess it makes me sad to realize that I wasn't wrong about them. Sorry to hear about your young relative, miracles do happen though so don't lose hope. :hGina

Comment

thanks everyone
              he is from a fabulously wealthy family, lives on hill top ranch in California, has gone to the best schools, but...tragedy doesn't see that.....
              we have circled the wagons and he will get lots of love and the BEST medical care...he is in a facility in Denver right now

Comment

Gina-
                I have had lots of hurt from my Mom too, but she is my mom and I try to love her warts and all.
                Don't hold onto that hurt sweetie...it will eat at you
                I have had to walk away from snide, hurtful comments many times

Comment

MB,

It is not a matter of me holding onto anything anymore. Too many things have been said to each other to ever enable a reconciliation. Besides, my mother came from a family of nine and doesn't speak to any of her brothers and barely speaks to her sisters except when they call her. She has spent her life alienating herself from her family and others including me, she only concerns herself with two of her daughters and her two grandsons. She has eight grandchildren and four daughters and has no problem choosing and verbalizing which ones are her favorites. My older sister doesn't care because she is just like her, only bothers with people when she needs something.
                  So it doesn't matter what I think it never has, as far as I am concerned she has already passed away for me. Just will require some getting used to that's all. Thanks for your kind words though:lGina

Comment

I am sorry hon.....make Christmas special for YOUR family!!!
                    and we will all be here too!

Comment

So hubs has noticed my low mood lately too and we had a long talk about what really has changed since giving up my family. We came up with nothing positive that was missing. Just the fact that we don't get called whenever they need things. Not a bad thing. So what! Christmas Eve is ONE night. It s not like I am missing doing things with my sisters because in spite of my many offers or ideas to do things together I was always told no. He told me how much he loves me and will always love me and never give up on me, but he will not stand by and watch me kill myself, if he must he will make me get help. (which I am starting in January). I think it went well, he has told me to come to him when I feel bad and not the bottle. I really love him.:h Gina

Comment

Hi everyone - Fen - I have just got back from a Wild Bird Food open House where I made sure to pick up some Suet for you! Jan - so sad about your cousin - and so young too - they can work miracles these days so you never know what might happen! I think I am in for another early night tonight - am fading as quickly as the day is.

have a good night everyone,

love and hugs, Sun XX
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

hey there one and all .. so sorry everyone is feeling so sad or having bad things happen during the holiday season .. sending prayers to one and all ...may everyone be safe and heathy.. but for every lose there is a place in your heart.. to rememeber the good times that you had together ..,.
                          and well sorry i havent been around today but i really needed a time out time to just relax and not think about anything and just play with kitten take care of things and go get some things i need for the job and window shop yep for tools .. kinda my way of relaxing sence i wasnt able to take the canoe out lately... well love and big hugs one and all have a great and awesome monday and rememeber how good you may have it and it could always be worst .. but its all in the way you want to look at it ... so just keep moving forward and please try and keep it positive ..
                          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

sunshinedaisies;1220614 wrote: Hi everyone - Fen - I have just got back from a Wild Bird Food open House where I made sure to pick up some Suet for you! Jan - so sad about your cousin - and so young too - they can work miracles these days so you never know what might happen! I think I am in for another early night tonight - am fading as quickly as the day is.

have a good night everyone,

love and hugs, Sun XX
                            Thank goodness...I can finally come around to your place for meal time! How long have I been nagging you for suet?

Jan, hoping young cuz makes a great recovery. I'm praying for him.

Comment

Sending love & prayers to you all. I'm so sorry to hear about the sadness.

Special hugs to Rubes & Mama.

Fen - Feel better friend.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Not much to say.....except stop chasing your tail ! Mama, Ruby & Fen in my thoughts...! Hope everything works out for you......Tony
                                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X