The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for december

love you too Sunn
    Hey Rog sweetie
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi all
      Trying to force myself to go to work. There is next to nothing to do there. My kid has her play tonight and I am excited, they are always good. I can't wait to see her, she is jack frost and they are going to do something with her hair....guess I should get on to the shop...love your baby pic Rubes. Had to go to the doc yest to get asthma inhaler, they quit selling the OTC kind which was 20 bucs..so 40 for the doc and 40 for the stuff and wants me to try some other stuff that was 120....I told the pharm nevermind that one...hell....anyway...b

Comment

Wow...sixteen degrees outside! I'm going to have to build a really good fire to warm the cabin tonight! Sun, I hope you put some suet out for me...I'm going to need it.

Mama, lefse is a thin, tortilla like food, made of flour and mashed potatoes...a Norwegian favorite! Lots of folks put butter and sugar and sometimes cinnamon on it, roll it up, and eat it. I like it with butter, but also with peanut butter.

Sun, I wanted to make you some this year...maybe I can bring some down next time I see you.

Morning Rog, Bird, Nora, Rubes, ATL, Grate, Biz, Gina, Truck...did I miss anybody?

Comment

Hey all. Been up a while, but doing, you know, stuff. Birdy, those high school plays were the best, right? Tip played both an Indian, and a giant exotic bird in her Senior play, 'Peter Pan'. So I made hers and her BF's (whose mother was my BF and died of breast cancer), all their costumes. At one point during performances where they brought all the school kids in to see it, she and others would run through the audience and play around with people. She had a purple feathered mask and headdress, unitard with hot pink feather boas around her bottom and top, and she told me one of the little boys in the audience grabbed her butt! :H:H:H I still have the costumes. (Yes, I'm a hoarder!!)
          MB, I hope you can get a relationship with this doc so you don't get in this fix again. Careful what you take, love, and don't mix, you know of course. You need a diagnosis, not just a quick fix. Always remember you are a lovely person.
          Fen, cold here too, probably no more than 48! But what peeps get North and West of us eventually spreads here. I've never tried to make lefse. Looks like doing it right takes a lot of work! Wonderful that you're doing it for your mom.
          Rog, you're to busy (TG!) working we miss you. But that's a good thing.
          Grateful, how are you feeling? And have you heard from Vick? You 2 need to plan another trip to see me, but since Vick keeps wanting me to visit her she may not come till I do. I'm gradually digging out of the workpit now, getting a little rested. Last night, when Tay and JC came over (for FOOD!) Hubs must have been worried. He called Tay aside and gave her 2 $20's. He said she hugged and thanked him over and over. JC can't start his regular job till the county commission meets and approves it now, so he's been working with a friend, and they're short on money. But they work for me almost everyday for a while, and it HAS taken a load of Hubs and me. And I forgot, in all the activity, to mail your book back, but shall do so forthwith! Look in to what we talked about, while there's time. You deserve it.
          Nelz, I think you and Tony are going to be our thread resident badboys.! That's OK. We never know what you'll do next, so tho it may be irreverant, it's always with humor and love.
          G, I told Hubs about your 'Richard'. He was not amused. :H
          ATL, do you need more info about the recipes I sent you. Their really simple, so don't be daunted to try them. And if you don't want cornbread with them, use Rye bread. Buy some anyway for the leftover corned beef (and Reubens!)
          Sun, the perfect pose came to me last night, so i'm set now. Thanks, dearie.
          Nora, Tony, Swan, OH you know I can't list you all when I try! Come on in. It's a busy time for everyone, but we miss you.
          Thanks for all the comments on our baby CK. I can look at her and see all the family resemblances, and she's only about 10 days old in those photos, but aren't all infants just perfect?? I so love the 'Silent Night' Pampers commercial that air this time of year. http://youtu.be/TSnMeiOPtLQ[/video]]Silent Night - YouTube
          This was just sent to me by a true and lovely friend. Enjoy it, too.

As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world, too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it, if I choose to read, or play, on the computer, until 4 AM, or sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love, I will.

I will walk the beach, in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves, with abandon, if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.
          They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And, I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years, my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break, when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But, broken hearts are what give us strength, and understanding, and compassion. A heart never broken, is pristine, and sterile, and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day (if I feel like it).

MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!

Have a good one, peeps.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good morning-- Rubes-- awesome receipts (my nanny called them that too)-- I plan on making that corned beef soon-- and I loved the othere receipts too! Hungry thinking of them! I am pretty busy too-- Luke has a couple of playdates set up-- today and tomorrow-- and hubs is --- where else?/ going to be at teh hockey rink tonight and Saturday night. Oh what a romantic...

Fen--that is downright cold!

MB-- take care of yourself-- or I will send the Crimson Tide up there to force you to (hee)!

About to be off to the grocery...

Comment

ATL, since my crew is usually SOOOOOooo hungry/greedy, I make all those together for a meal. Think I love the veggie dishes the most. I made the German Hot Potato salad once for a family reunion and the guys were licking the bowl! Sometimes, for a full meal, I include lightly cooked and sliced Kielbasa sausage. YUM!!
              sigpic
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

TGIF!!!! Friday is finally here! Yea....and I am at work....Boo. Hoping that the I.T. guy who drove here yesterday from Virginia can get our computers working....I haven't been able to do any accounting since LAST Thursday.....I am going to be even more busy entering all that stuff!

Anyway, Ruby.....please don't worry about the book...I know you didn't forget me and I completely understand, especially with your super "crazy" world! I always thought that anything and everything that could possibly go wrong only happened to me - UNTIL I MET YOU!!:H At least I know that I'm not alone....I'm feeling the same and tired of complaining about it. I go on Monday for probably the last epidural that the doc will do....I am going to look into what you talked to me about. Biz is going to get the ball rolling with his friend for me....but I just need to wait until after the holidays. I have been staying in touch with Vicki.....but I'm going to have to tattle on her this morning. I got a text from her saying that she was comatose this morning and Paul had to give her a shot. She is feeling better.....the reason it happened is that she "forgot" to eat last night because Paul was hunting and she was reading a good book!!! I had to read her a text that she sent me just last night "PLEASE take better care of YOU!"......she just laughed....we love to tell each other to take care but we don't listen to our own advice, do we? I know a few of us here that are guilty of that (Rubes.....ya listening?).

Jan...Please let us know what your doctor says.....I am so happy that you are going and Ruby is right...it's probably not going to be a quick fix, unfortunately. You know it seems that once we get to our lovely age (29)....things just start happening to our bodies. Although, Fen & Sunny seem to be in excellent shape!!

Fen...our temp at 8:30 was 32...so you definitely have me beat!! I hope you have a wonderful time this weekend.....bundle up in that nice warm blankie and sit by the fire with some hot chocolate and enjoy your quality time with Mrs. Fen. I'm so glad that Jan asked what lefse is......can you please make some for me??? It sounds so good....I supposed I could google a recipe......if I have to.....but your sending it to me would be better........:H

Sun-Hun......I hope your day goes fast and that you can come home early and get some rest. REST-you probably don't know the meaning of that word, do you???

Roger...thank you for that beautiful email you sent to me....and Biz really liked it too. He has been super busy this week - in a good way. I think he's going to let everyone know what he's doing this weekend. It's all good!

And now, I must be off.....need to go and check on Mr. I.T. Guy.....

Lots of love to all my friends, furry or not!!!
                Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Is IT there yet, Kell. WICKED! Or he is one of those with a plumber's crack when he works on things? I know you won't worry, but I'm also happy you recognize there is at least one person with thier own little aura out there who attracts strange things. I mean, I bought the cabin land without me, or anyone else, knowing there was an historic landmark buried on the hill, just of the famed 'Trail of Tears'! You and vick saw the picture, right, when you both were there.
                  Vick needs a daily push, someone who MAKES her eat and do right. Her disease is SO serious, and if she maintains it's OK, but comatose!!! I def will get meself down there and give her a whuppin'! Jus not sure when, since my world fills up on the flip of an hour.
                  I hope you're doing OK, but I know you dread next week. Send me the details of the procedure, and the reason they do it, please. You should not be in so much pain, you sweet person. I don't understand it, and you don't need more on your plate. I've had many of the same things you talk about, but only one made me sick, and I won't go back there again. I know your pain is real, and how you work through with it is incredible. Take care of yourself, please! I don't know everything, but my daugther in med does (:H) and I promise we'll do what we can to help you. And remember, you've got a pretty little house to run to! (it's a secret)
                  sigpic

Comment

Howdy all ! Here's Jack.....Super Hero ! Ha! Ace was unimpressed with the whole thing ! Ha! Hope your all doing ok. Getting ready for Christmas...ughhh...! Ha! Having people over on Christmas. Keep Jamin' man !
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Quick check in.......thinking of you all......haven't been able to read back. Work is CRAZY!!
                      But, you all would be so proud of me. This morning, hubby was telling me a 'to do list' and we have to do this and that and that and this. I was getting so stressed out. I finished getting ready for work then I told him....'Scott, I'm sorry but you are making me feel very pressured. We will get everything done but you are making me feel pressured.'
                      He apologized and was glad that I talked to him.
                      Ok - back to work folks......:h:h
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora...I am VERY proud of you!!!! Yes, there is a lot to do....and your work sounds like mine right now. I think I'm going to get a plaque for me that says "It Is What It Is"...to remind myself that I just can't get everything done..but it's okay.

IAD....your dogs are the cutest...and I love how they let you put clothes, capes, etc. on them. You like playing "dress up" with them, don't you?:H

Ruby.....I'll try to pm you exactly what the procedure is so you can check with your daughter. "IT" doesn't have a crack (at least not showing)...short and skinny guy...think computer "geek".....very, very nice.

I do hope you can find time to get over to Vick's and whup her!!! She's as bad as you, or me, or Jan, or.............Nora....all of us overworked women who don't take care of ourselves!!:l I am so looking forward to escaping to "the secret house".....but I may stay permanently....upstairs, of course. NOT in your room!!! But only if Tink can sleep with me and my special nightgown.
                        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

AWWWWWH, Nora, good for you! Delegate, my love, delegate. I learned to turn on on Hubs, and ask 'what on here is within YOU realm of doing??' You are a warrior! Give us word on your family.
                          Tony, looks as silly and sweet as my dogs. (remember me saying TMB wore a pink tutu?) I think we make them feel special, and Tink has a raincoat with hood, and a life vest for swimming. How are the folks, sister, momma, and your own sweet family)?
                          sigpic

Comment

X, Grate, but YES, to all your conditions. You can even learn to fish for your food! :H
                            sigpic

Comment

Really, peeps? You can't spare a moment here? :H
                              My decorating crew, probably 6 of them, are here to transform us. JC's gone to the woods for a tree. Don't be jealous. I now have to feed a hoard, and they laugh at every ornament, while they S--L--O--W--L--Y and painstakingly place decoration.
                              No worries. I did Christmas one way, big or small. It's fun having kids in the house, rediscovering the deco here from their childhood. SOOOoooo many memories here, and a spot or 10 of dog pooh. I thank God they all still want to be here, and this is the first year i've turned them loose on my boxes and boxes of decoration.
                              FOOTNOTE: JC jus came in with a huge red cedar. Don't even want to know where he cut it!! :H It was on my land. He's looking for a tree holder right now, and I've just learned I need to feed them all, so it's a good day.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sending Hellos to you all-sounds like there is alot of festive things going on:h:h

Comment

Working...
                                X