X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for december

Good Morning Woke up at 4 30 AM here on the east coast
    Day 12 AF
    Just can not sleep, hope everyone an AF Sunday and thanks for all your support.
    Feeling better day by day.

Comment

Hi, Guy. Wow...you should have been here in PA..you could have taken care of my granddaughter so I could have slept!!!! 12 Days is truly awesome and I do remember that I had trouble sleeping for a while when I first went AF. Peeps here recommended Melantonin....a natural sleep aid. I still take it every once in a while...it does help! I hope you can take a nap today.
      Are you near the Ocean? I would love-love-love to live within walking distance to the Ocean....I'm not too far away though...maybe 2-3 hour drive.

Have a good day, friend!!
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

GOOD MORNING! Hill - lovely to see you and so pleased that everything is still going well for you - wonderful - nice that you dropped in - :l
        Aguy - wow - 12 days - I agree with Grateful - Melatonin does help - the 3mg works for me. Not everyone says it helpsthem though but it is worth a try. You are doing SO well - I am so proud of you - it is such a hard thing to do!! Well done.
        Grateful - Laughed at Addy wanting to play Mary and "Joe" !!! But a little too early methinks! Hope you have a good day today - yes, I would love to walk along the sea front too - used to live there in UK and am now MILES from it.

I am off to breakfast with friends - we were going to meet at 7.00 but I asked them to make it 7.30 so I could have a lie-in!!! Back later,

Hugs to all, Sun XX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Morning all. Very chilly here.
          Sun, hope you got a good night's sleep. Stress is a killer, love, and makes sleeping hard, but you really need it.
          Hill, so good to see you check in. We miss seeing you around. Glad things sound good with you.
          Grateful, I certainly remember those nights with my grands, esp AB. When I stayed over at their old house, I slept on the couch and she would be in there every night to sleep with me. Before daylight, she'd play with my face, pulling my eyes open, till I finally gave up. Or she go in my bags and I'd wake to find her wearing my makeup and jewelry!
          Guy, YES, sleeplessness is a very common side affect. When we quit any habit, such as drugs, AL, or nicotine. Look into all the natural remedies for insomnia. I've read you need complete dark and silence, except for maybe a whirring fan or soft music. Also, some say watching tv or working on the computer, exercising and of course caffeine just before bed can keep you awake. Hang in there and just keep working it.
          Tay and I argued our way through decorating the tree, but basically it's done. I usually end up doing it alone, so it was nice, despite the squabbles. :H
          Hope everyone has a nice restful Sunday. When I told Hubs I was going today to look at antiques he just rolled his eyes at me. :confusedmonkey:
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi all
            Wow Aguy, 12 days that is great!!!....hi Hill and Mas......hey MB there is a deal on Callaway going on I saw it somewhere, think it was 99$ for a room and 4 tickets or maybe it was a cabin..well, we have never been there....had the most wonderful time at my kids play last night and friday too..it was so good....trying once again to go AF without antabuse. I really hate taking the stuff...well, going to work on the vid I shot last night, then homework and then the kids want to go to opposite ends of the earth today. Would like 1 day off from driving...later...b

Comment

hi rubes

Comment

Hey Birdy. I've missed you!! Bet I would have loved the play. Lawdy do I ever remember running 'Mom's Shuttlebus'! :H Tip was in everything out there and son was always on the go. And NOTHING is ever close out here in the country. Now I try to help out with grands.
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thought ya'll might enjoy these my dear friend Cat sent me this AM. We all need a laugh these days.......

sigpic

Comment

Hey All!
                    I live about 2 hours from the ocean, love it. Makes me at peace and love the sound of the ocean.
                    I have tried melatonin and ambien in the past. Nothing really worked... WIll start going back to the gym and getting tired from there that should do it plus sweat out some toxins LOL or is that a myth.
                    Hope everyone an AF Sunday

Comment

Forgot to mention, Waking up on a Sunday again and no hangover, WOW what a great feeling, but the anxiety and cravings are going to start kicking in soon, thats when I will start reading posts , reading , or just keep occupied , that helps as we all know...

Comment

Good morning everyone!
                        Just a quick hello. I hope everyone has a great day. Boy, it's getting cold everywhere huh? bfn:hG

Comment

wow...I sleep in and you are all here!!
                          HI RYAN.....one of my first buddies from here!!!!!!! I am so happy to see you back and sober. Are you working at the school???
                          aguy...stay busy babe. Do you work????even though my job can be a pain, it keeps me very busy. And I have started my needlework again and eveyone knows I love me some Netflix.
                          I have never tried melatonin....
                          Mary and Joe??? too cute!!! My 19 year old was Joesph in the 1st grade. I sat there and bawled.
                          have to work today...Bird - I am so glad you enjoyed the play. Are either one of your girls old enough to drive yet??? you should take the girls to Calloway if you can swing it. The Christmas train is magical
                          Rubes= what were you and Tay squabbling about?? Probably something silly....like me and my kids(or hubs!!!)
                          Hi sun....i love you to pieces. Hope you had a good nights sleep.
                          need to wash and dry my hair and go to work
                          Hey Georgie...you sound so happy!!!!!!!
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

How to decorate the tree, MB. She's an 18 1/2 y/o expert in everything. :H
                            sigpic

Comment

so was ...AND AM....I!!!!
                              Fen - I got your sweet advent calendar via email, but I cant get the darn thing to load.....
                              will continue trying
                              now I am REALLY getting into shower

Comment

where is youse people??

Comment

Working...
                                X