The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for december

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I EFFIN' cannot believe Hubs. He CALLED me from his cell, in the den, when he wanted something. WTF?!?!?!? Oh, he will pay.
    Sun, I was in a shop today, hurrying through getting my large buggy of stocking stuffers up and checked out, and there WERE 3 clerks behind the counter but only one register open, a line behind me. I was ready, working as hard as they were to get out of the way, when a woman brought a basket of things up to the front and said 'why don't you open another register?' The clerk at register replied other reg was down, politely, and the woman threw her basket on the floor, said 'I'm not waiting behind this rich bitch's big order', and slammed out. My kids started giggling, I exchanged looks with the stunned clerks, and said 'Ho Ho Ho' to them, at which they cracked up. We finished our purchase, picked up the goods on the floor and put them on the counter for the clerks and left. Us getting mad wouldn't have helped, and it all ended up being funny.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

AF Day 15
      Seems the insomnia is getting worse, going to try to take a benadryl, that usually helps me..
      WOW the cravings are just insane... Friday night AF

Comment

AGUYFROMNC;1227721 wrote: AF Day 15
        Seems the insomnia is getting worse, going to try to take a benadryl, that usually helps me..
        Aguy - I can't believe how well you are doing! To go from what you were drinking to FIFTEEN days AF - that is just awesome !!!!! You are hanging in there - I don't now how - but you are - you are just amazing. Have you gone to the tool box? there might be some stuff for you there to read to help with the cravings? I so hope the benadryl helps you. I am so impressed with your strength. Just keep posting if you need support - start a new post if no-one seems to answer - SOMEONE on the forum will answer and help you - YOU GO GUY - fantastic!!!!!

hugs and love and strength to you,

Love, sun XXX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Great job, Guy. Hope you got my PM. Yes, we're all here for you, and those cravings are AWFUL! We have to learn our triggers, and my biggie was drinking alone. Will be glad to exchange phone #'s if you like, but I do keep some time daily just for family.
          Oh, HUGE big whoopee. Hubs doesn't go back to work till Jan 9. Let the readjustment begin. Lord give me strength to bear my blessings.
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

OH NO RUBY! Would you like me to send you some Glad bags and Bleach? oh my gosh - I just cannot imagine...... poor you. BUT guess what - my Hubs plans on retiring at the end of 2012!!!! SIGH !!!!!

I have finished baking cookies and am off to bed - early shift tomorrow.

Love and hugs to all, sun XXX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Wow it's almost time for Santa!
              :wow3::wow3:

Comment

Hi all. First --AGuy-- you are doing so well! I know you may not believe this but your body and brain will adjust to the not sleeping the longer you are alcohol free. Years ago I had a horrendous head injury and I started drinking more to "relax" and sleep. I won't say it was easy at all to sleep after all that--I had to make myself believe I would sleep okay after stopping drinking. After awhile AF my brain began to reset. I still do nit sleep great-- but now I know it is the head injury and not the booze. Please give yourself some time-- you are doing great.

Went to hubs law firm party tonight. Lord what a bunch of stuffed shirts. Hubs wanted to go out to the far burbs to go to his hockey party. He wanted to drink so we hired a car to take him out-- no need to worry about him out there. Anyway-- the hockey guys are awesome and pretty much guileless-- lots of hardworking blue collar guys-- so Mark said when he came up in the car and they saw it a couple of the asked to go to tge QwikTrip and have tge driver open their door for them!! Hillarious! I had a headache though so I skipped that one. Plus I wake up with Luke.

Tired -- better go--it is way too warm here for mid December

Comment

AGUYFROMNC;1227721 wrote: AF Day 15
                  nicely done and dont worry the craving dont last for ever .. just keep busy and keep doing your best ...
                  well time to get going off to work i go hi ho hi ho love and bug hugs one and all
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi all
                    MB, what does your cat do? Maybe squirt pee on stuff? hahaha.....Sun have fun at work with the cookies....AGuy you are doing so great!!......ATL oh it is just summer here, I was in shorts yest and had the air on....Rubes I hate shopping with my kids ....Fenn have fun at the cabin....I got a lot done yest putting stuff in my trailer. Bought a recliner for 10 bucks at the thrift and dismantled the couch and threw it out back. Will make something else out of it. Dont really have time for projects like that anymore though. Havent seen any out out you T either. Gonna try and get my few cards out today and send a vid to my Mom. One kid going to Tallahassee with friend today early so need to get her up....later

Comment

Morning everyone - gosh - a chilly 22 degrees here (minus 5C). Today is going to be crazy at work - last Saturday before Christmas. Time will go by quickly I am sure and then I will have to think about the best way to get home trying to avoid the traffic! Off to dry my hair - Morning Rog! Oh - Morning Bird - gosh - shorts??? I am thinking of putting long johns on! back later everyone! Hugs,

Sun XX

Comment

ATL, that's too funny! Daughter's friends are mostly married to really loaded older guys, and when they have a girls' night out in ATL they hire a car or limo too. Then drive through Mickey D's on the way home. :H We had a friend who passed away recently, actually probably was a kingpin in the Southern Mafia, who owned his own big white stretch limo and regularly had a driver, especially after his wife got into a brawl with a woman she had just rear-ended. (Crazy thing is, he was once my highschool teacher). But it's a small price to pay if there's drinking involved. If you don't mind me asking, you've mentioned your injury before. How did it happen? Head injuries are such tricky things, and youre doing wonderfully it seems, letting your body 'reset'. Glad your hubby gets out with the 'real' people a lot. A lot of those stuffed shirts could do with a little 'grounding'.
                        Guy, I know it doesn't make you feel better right now, but your symptoms are classic. Al didn't help you sleep so much as sedate your body into passing out. Most of us have been through it. I recently slept 20 minutes one night. There are SO many factors in sleeplessness. Just try not to let yourself begin to romance the idea 'just a couple' will help you get a good night's sleep. Benadryl is a good alternative.
                        G, maybe I'm reading between the lines, but it seems the holidays stress you a lot. You're doing a great job, have the right ideas of focusing on your own loved ones, but there's no denying our family's rejection hurts, and I know. Since my parents died, my brother has led the charge against me, and my sister is dependent on him. Even though I know his behavior comes from HIS guilt, it still hurts. Holidays, birthdays, family events pass with them celebrating and excluding me. It would break my parent's hearts. But I take the high road, as always, and know the people who are really important to me understand.
                        Sun, hope your cookies turned out well. Your co-workers SHOULD truly appreciate you. Hubs plans to retire in Jan 2013. You and I will have to run away together. As for the next few weeks, GAH! I have no idea how I'll survive. By hiding, mostly.
                        Bird, wish you were closer. I've given away SO much furniture lately, and it was nice stuff. Just didn't want to fool with it. All my storage buildings are full. Hope Tallahassee is fun.
                        T, Have a great day today. Lots of work on tap?
                        It is HOT here, Sun. Supposed to be in 70's through next week. Some nights cool off, but this is very unusual. Last week I saw some snow flurries though.
                        Hubs has been in here FOUR times to ask about breakfast. ((sigh)) Shall buy more bleach.
                        sigpic

Comment

Had to post this. Just when you've lost all faith, something life-affirming like this happens. What a wonderful idea.

Anonymous donors pay strangers' layaway accounts - Welcome to Charter.net
                          sigpic

Comment

Poor Hubs got called by Nana last night just as he was dozing off. She was worried about Pop, and she is scared to drive since she blacked out behind the wheel a few months ago. Bret rubbed to sleepy dust out of eyes and went over to the rehab center. He sat there with him till 11 and came home. And then Nana got a call that they found Pop on the floor this morning. ( he tried to go to the bathroom). Guess we will set up 24 hour vigils till he gets home......sigh
                            plus Bret's car has crapped out and is in the shop till Mon or Tues...blah, blah, blah
                            I am just glad we are here to help and take care of those we love....just be prepared for my complaining....and I have no desire to drink whatsoever
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Jan, it's awful to see their struggles. I only hope that the care I gave my parents and give the *#&$^ in-laws counts for something in my children's eyes. They joke they'll send me to the best state run facility they can find. I remind them I CAN take it with me.
                              Are there siblings who can help out? Somehow it seems most people end up with one child doing the lion's share of caring. Vent all you want, honey.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi All,

I just wanted to say that I DO read all of your posts and praise and pray for you all. I am trying to maintain a small sense of Christmas spirit and not very talkative I'm afraid. It will be different for me this year but I will make it through. Been drinking some, not a lot considering the emotional roller coaster I have been feeling . Fully intend to give up the AL completely, I begin therapy in January.bfn g

Comment

Working...
                                X