The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for december

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubes-- it was over 10 years ago and I still feel effects from time to time. Not alcohol related. Was cleaning a very small hot bathroom with no ventilation with comet -- fumes made me faint-- I fell forward and bashed the front of my head on the outside of the tub and it was so hard I snapped back and the back of my head went into the vanity. I was unconscious alone for quite awhile then Mark came home and found me. I had massive headaches, balance issues, and for a while I would have impulse control Problems due to the areas I hit-- I would have obscene outbursts of anger and not even really remember them. I had to do cognitive behaviorial therapy to relearn some stuff even-- I had very bad aphasia for awhile. Brains heal by sleep so I was induced tonsleep insane amounts which lead to my now horrid issues with insomnia due to prolonged use of tge prescription stuff it took to knock me out. Not to mention tge headaches I still get. Probably more than you ever wanted to know!

Comment

Oh you poor baby!! You're lucky to be alive!!! I'm so sorry for your headaches. You're officially a member of our KlutzKlub now, too. :H Hubs points out painted lines on the street so I won't trip, and I've hurt myself in the dumbest ways possible. At least we're predicatable, huh? Glad you're hubby takes good care of you, despite his man-boy hobbies. Most of us here are lucky (most of the time) that way. SIL is the oldest 'boy' I know; loves his hobbies, but what a great husband and dad.
      G, I know you're here. We're here for you, any time you want to talk. If you just read, it's OK. Glad you're going to get that therapy, too. It's a great thing to do for ourselves. You enjoy your wonderful family during the holidays. I bet they are willing to do anything to support you in this.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I GOT SOME HOB NOBS, I GOT SOME HOB NOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        (my favorite cookies from Sun) Thanks so much sweet thing!!!
        Went to the mall for a bit....GOOD LORD...and driving home saw a friend on the side of the raod who had run out of gas, so we rescued her. Gonna flop for a bit and then get up and wrap pressies....bacinanbit
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hmmm, mom likes you best, huh!! Great. Sunny is a wonderful (old) soul! :H
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Now now children I love you ALL the same - LOL. How many times did I used to have to say that!! And here I am saying it yet again!!

Just got in from work. I am sort of just a tiy bit tired but am not going to sit. I think I am oging to hoover actually, as my place hasn't been hoovered for days and really really needs it.
            Gosh ATl - your head injury sounded really bad. Do they think the whole lot will ever get better or is this as good as it gets? Poor you. How awful for you. I am SO lucky with my health! Rarely get sick and apart from a little joint in my right little finger, have no arthritis or anything - and that is from gardening and constant knocking it on the ground and pulling weeds! Is there any more than they can suggest for you to try? With alternative therapies and such these days, it might be worth looking into other avenues. Just a thought.
            Georgie - we don't mind you just reading - just pop in now and again to let us know you are here - it is going to be a tough Christmas for you this year, just try and not let it make you any more bitter. Accept things the way they are and try and let go of the past. feel sorry for your family members because of the way they are and be glad that you are not like them. Rise above it. :l
            Ruby - It isn't Jans dad she is having trouble with I don't think - I THINK it is the chap that fell - I can't remember the relationship to her, but I don't think it is her dad - I am sure she will correct me if I am wrong and if I am - sorry Jan!!! Jan - I thought your dad was doing well? Or did I miss something? Ruby and I are both old so get confused easily - of course SHE is WAY older than me so gets more confused - let us know which one is right - LOL

I am off to do some hoovering, also feed the dogs and then change out the bird bath for the heated one. hubs said he would do it last Monday (and it is now saturday and still hasn't been done). It has been ice since then, poor birds - I guess I will cave and go and do it. The birds need their water. back later everyone - lorry loads of love to all,

Sun XX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

PEEEEYOOOOO One of my dogs needs to say EXCUSE ME !!!!!!!!
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Awwh, Sun, no sure how I worded it, but I know it's MB wonderful little FIL who took a tumble. You should rest, weary bones, you make me tired.
                I've managed a day with Hubs, tons of phone calls, without getting as crazy as the young woman in the $ store yest. Today was my oldest (step) granddaughter's 3 y/o's birthday party, and I never go as I don't want to be in the company of her mother, the ex-B. Beck posted on FB all she really wanted for the holidays was for her bio-father to acknowledge her 2 boys, but I told her we love them enough to try and make up. She's coming for our gathering on Christmas Eve.
                Roast chicken and dressing, mixed veggies, butter beans and cream corn almost ready. What more can the man ask??
                sigpic

Comment

He can ask for some veggie food

Comment

Yeah, right, Sun. T'would go over like a lead balloon. The man is a DEFINITE carnivore.
                    sigpic

Comment

ok hey there sweet things im off tyomorrow yeah i can sleep in nowe i have to rememeber to turn off these dame alarm clocks ... have a great sunday one and all and hope to see everyone on sunday shouts out and yes i mean everyone .. so get your sweet asses over there hehehehehe night night love and hugs and i might even go into chat tonight ... any up for sex chat 101
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Oh Rog - have you forgotten how and you are back to sex chat 101?

Comment

yep its been way too long so someone needs to show how its done again...

Comment

heheheh will you be my teacher.... please ill being you an apple

Comment

LOL Rog - I am too old to be a teacher !!!!! Ask someone younger than me !!!! Oh heck - what am I saying - DON'T do that - you will get yourself in trouble !!!!!!!!!

Comment

How about you ask someone older and wiser than me -------- like RUBY ??????????

Comment

Working...
                                X