Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for december

Thanks Flyaway

It hasnt been easy, as for most everyone... I was up to a gallon a day of Rum, i know I like to repeat myself but just since anyone new ever reads this, I went fom a 12 pack or less almost every night, to a gallon of rum, sometimes starting drinking at 6 am just to stop the dry heaving, the shakes , the overall feeling of not enough AL in the body. Its been 3 weeks, the insomnia has been bad, the feelings of guilt of the stupid things ive done in the past....Not missing it all! I joined last month and have been posting and reading and posting and reading. Big thanks to everyone tht has PM'd me Ive made great friends and continue to do so and everyones welcome here...great support

Comment

hey there folks wll just reading back and so great to see everyone doing their best ...and well just want to send one and all big hugs and always prayers .. may you all have an awesome xmas
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hey, Bubba! Working hard??
        Fly, Guy, ( no, I'm not trying to rhyme!!), It's so good to see you both here, and YES, guy, we love and welcome everyone to join this 'our bubble don't go to the top' group! :H There are really no pretentsions, just good honest people who do the best they can, and NEVER get their jollies from downgrading another human being. We're here, all of us, for the same reason. You both have done wonderfully well, and you know it's a process, sometimes for life, to decide what we can and can't do.
        It's a typically un-typical Georgia December night. Wild winds, sometimes thunder and lightening, flooding, blinding rain, and warm as a spring eve. But next week it may snow. Never know what our weather holds, but it's a great night to be cuddled on the sofa in an old quilt, watching an old movie. Off to do that now. Take care, my loves.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thanks for the love & support everyone. It's only 7:30 but think I'm going to hit the sack & read a book. Something didn't agree with my tummy today so I'm going to baby myself.

AGuy - You are doing great!! Congratulations.

Have a great night everyone. Catch you in the morning. :h
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Love, Nora. Feel better.
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

fennel;1230933 wrote: Mish...:l I'm thinking of you. Try to stay sane!
              Thanks Fen, but what's 'sane?'

Chris's FB says that they (or he) were kicked out of where they (or he) are staying yesterday, Ashe's 24th birthday. Surely she must realise that he's a loser and things just aren't going to get better. On her own she was so competent, financially responsible and focussed. Now her life's in turmoil. I have absolutely no way of contacting her as I don't have Chris's number. I'm staying calm though, because I believe in her despite the mess she's made of things. She was a premmie (4lbs 4oz) but the doctors took one look at her and said "There's no need to worry about this one. She's going to be very strong and a real fighter." I guess they didn't mean she'd end up in physical altercations, which she has done in the past, but my only relief about that was that she was sticking up for kids who were being bullied. At least she was on the right side.
              Anyway, she's a survivor and loves her children to bits, so, like I said, I believe in her. She's her Mother's daughter in many ways.

Ruby, I didn't know you had MS. For goodness' sake woman, how do you do it all? You're an outstanding woman, an inspiration.

MB, how are you going with the vegemite? What do you think of Rotto?

Love you all, and back soon. Love and hugs.
              :h Mish :h
              sigpic
              Never give up...
              GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
              Remaining a perpetual possibility
              Only in a world of speculation.
              What might have been and what has been
              Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

fennel;1231104 wrote: Mama, send that vegemite my way if you don't like it! :H
                I'll send you some when I find a few more Rottnest postcards.

I sometimes let my toast go cold, smother on butter and vegemite and YUM. Also, it's one of those things I can always eat, even when off my food. Lovely vegemite sanger on fresh white (i know) bread. Nothing better. Also good on crackers with cheese...they go together very well.

Nora, baby girl, so glad you dropped in, so sorry you've been struggling, and so absolutely thrilled you're back on the Antabuse. It's a tool to help you get well, not rob you of something your body and brain thinks it wants. I'm always here for you. PM or email me if you want to talk. Do you have SKYPE?
                sigpic
                Never give up...
                GET UP!!!

Comment

AGUYFROMNC;1231197 wrote: Thanks Flyaway

It hasnt been easy, as for most everyone... I was up to a gallon a day of Rum, i know I like to repeat myself but just since anyone new ever reads this, I went fom a 12 pack or less almost every night, to a gallon of rum, sometimes starting drinking at 6 am just to stop the dry heaving, the shakes , the overall feeling of not enough AL in the body. Its been 3 weeks, the insomnia has been bad, the feelings of guilt of the stupid things ive done in the past....Not missing it all! I joined last month and have been posting and reading and posting and reading. Big thanks to everyone tht has PM'd me Ive made great friends and continue to do so and everyones welcome here...great support
                  AGUY, I've been AWOL for a while and I'm absolutely proud of what you've accomplished. What you're doing takes real guts, and I can see that you're going to be inspiring many, many people at MWO. I'm so happy you've found this site and I'm honoured to be part of your recovery. Keep up this fantastic effort. The insomnia does pass. We've all done stupid things drunk, but rather than focussing on those, think of what great steps you're taking and hold your head up high. You're a hero in my eyes.
                  sigpic
                  Never give up...
                  GET UP!!!

Comment

Another wanky sleep night, so thought I'd check in. Mish, you're being very brave about your girl. It's so easy for us to step back, have perspective, and see the big picture. But she's still in a little bubble that includes him. If you can EVER get her out of it, give her enough distance and help her find good things to replace what she thinks are romantic memories, she'll have a better shot at breaking away. But, she's on her own, right? GAH! I know how frustrating it is, and the day will come she'll know you're right, but for now, just love, support, and offer refuge to her. Have a wonderful season, my friend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wacky nights must go along with the Season, dear Ruby. I've been having wacky nights, wacky days...you know the drill!! Just wanted to check in before you send TMB out to hunt me down....now, if she would bring me Tink....then I would be in Heaven.

I just want to say that I love you all and hope & pray that those of us who are going thru our own situations, worries, pains, losses of loved ones...whatever they may be....that we WILL get thru them...even if it is one day at a time...or maybe even one hour at a time. Because we have each other here, our big caring family.

Have a GREAT day, friends!!:l
                      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Good Morning to everyone - Early birds Ruby and Grateful! Grateful - so lovely to see you here - we have missed you :l And yes, we will get through our situations - whatever they may be - we are all here to help, love and support each other. I hope that you are feeling better and feel a bit more ready to face Christmas!

I am off once again to brave the Holiday crowds - Ruby, for the most part, they are being quite civil and we have had a few who have actually complimented us on the speed of our lines and the help that we are giving them. No-one recently has actually been rude to me although we did have one customer tell another employee to F off because when she jumped in front of two other people, he told her he would be with her after he had helped those customers. But she is the exception.

Fen - sorry about your neice, but glad that it gives you the respite from doing the Fen Holiday Christmas. Funny the way things work out isn't it?

SO, anyway, once again, here I sit with cup of tea in hand, mind racing 19 to the dozen trying to think of what I need to do today........apart from work! LOL

Love and hugs to you all - Sun XX
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi all
                          Glad to see everyone posting. I am off until tues. Told the kids we are going to clean out their room today but I don't really feel like it. Feeling kinda beat. Band director brought the timpanis over yest and they take up 1/4 of the living room. Had company xmas lunch yest and got 100$ bonus. Took kids to movies last night, came home 3 guys from work drop in drunk off their butts and very happy. Wanted to play drum circle so we did that a bit and they had a great time. Shooed them off and went to pick kids...rain last night, so glad...guess I will get started around here....oh Sun, I hate touching dead poultry!!

Comment

xpost 2 days in a row Sun!!

Comment

Well, just hit the wrong key and somewhere in the cyber world is an epic post to you all. Have another personal fire to quench, so I'll be back some time. Finally, being helped and hindered by Tay and JC. Hubs has read them the riot act, is actually contributing a bit. Still have miles to go before tomorrow's big show. If you're in the area, stop by. Santa may just have a gift for you.
                              sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas Jammers.
                                Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
                                X