OH NO Georgie.....how scary! PLEASE keep us posted
    I could write Hallmark cards, too, Tony, but none of them would be fitting
    Mimzey- I hope Hubs steps up to the plate and raises some HELL
    Home from work, back killing me....YAY
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for december

I miss so much of the fun while you're sleeping. It drives me nuts.
      Fen and I used Yahoo Messenger video call. It was fabulous to see and talk to her. It didn't take long till we were right at home and talking about all sorts of stuff, some of which I've never talked about with anyone else before, ever.
      Vicki, so wonderful that you're back. I've really missed you and I'm happy your family celebrations were as wonderful as they were.
      Ruby, MB, thank you for your support on Ashe. It's because I trust her make practical and sensible decisions about her future for the children and herself. I know who she was BC (that's Before Chris, not the other) and I know she will revert back to her former wonderfulness as soon as she sorts through whatever is going on now. I have faith in her. In fact, her middle name is Faith. A lovely, old fashioned name I chose because after over three and a half years of undetected post natal depression with Brooke it took a lot of faith to have a second child. Faith in myself, my husband and God. I wasn't a practising Christian then, but I knew he was out there. Just a little trivia while we're on the subjects of names.
      I was at the jewelers the other day inquiring about a purchase I'd made earlier, but the sales girl I'd dealt with wasn't there. The one I was chatting to offered to clean my rings while I was there, so of course, I said 'yes, please.' I was thrilled with the result, especially with my wedding ring. She then offered to have it buffed and straightened out. It's a bit squashed as it has too high a gold content. Well!!!! It looks as shiny and new as the day Brett put it on my finger 23 years ago.
      I wear it on my right hand now. Unless I were to find a man who can make me love him as much as I loved Brett, I rejoice in my singleness. And I'm sure not looking!
      Beloved ones, must rush to the shops...tell you more why when I get back.
      Love and hugs.
      :h Mish :h
      sigpic
      Never give up...
      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
      Remaining a perpetual possibility
      Only in a world of speculation.
      What might have been and what has been
      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

rubywillow;1234515 wrote: I'm staying the F outta it. I didn't do anything wrong, they've lived off us for 11 years, complain about all the perks they get free. Hubs does little xtras, like building them a lovely little bridge, a wishing well, looking after them, I've never fussed at them and wasn't now, just asked them to call their dog.!
        Sound like spoiled brats to me.... I have absolutely no use for people who consider themselves entitled.
        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Had a lovely message, then phone chat with Grateful, and she is fine, she says. Just overwhelmed with the holidays. I only wish I was as sweet and gentle as she is. I'm afraid I have a few cockleburrs under the silk and every now and then they come out!!!
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Mishy...excuse me for asking and you can tell me to get lost, but are you are widow??
            My sweet, pain in the ass husband is named Bret (ONE T), too!!
            So glad to hear Grateful is ok
            Jah nay nay says nitey nite
            On heating pad with Netflix
            I love you all

Comment

oh and Sunni Butt...I TOTALLY support in your attempt to go AF and I think you are an awesome sister.... of course you feel like a sister to me
              HI JUJA
              back to heating pad

Comment

And Juja, I could write a book about the stuff that's gone on here in the last decade since we moved them into our cottage. But it's him, my FIL. Everyone excuses him because his father was so mean, and he had to make his own way since he was 15. But so did my Daddy, and HE lied about his age to enlist first in the Marines, then when found out, the Army. He served 3 very honorable tours in Korea, was there when I was born (must have been a good furlough between stints, huh! :H) He wouldn't talk about his experiences much, as he was a giant, strong, but not violent man. He loved everything family, every holiday, every chance to spend with his children, grandchildren, and g-grandchildren. FIL seems to not know anyone exists unless they're interesting to him. I DON'T complain about them to Hubs, because he knows already, and it's got to hurt him and my bitching won't change anything. FIL makes it obvious he prefers our son to our daughter, and that has caused issues I try to quietly diffuse, since talking to him is useless. He's just a mean, selfish, old man, but I didn't start this deliberately. However, for Hub's sake, I'll tell him to tell them I'm sorry, not to worry. I won't go in to the things we've done for them, often at my urging, because it's the right thing to do, but I wouldn't do them any differently. I only have to sleep with my conscience. It's useless to fight with someone who has none.
                I'm sorry for unloading on everyone today. No need to feel you have to advise me, I know what to do. I just love to be able to get out the feelings I have when this kind of thing happens. No worries, Peeps!
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

hey there folks .. well long day here and im tired and seems like i didnt get much done but alot of thinking and things ready to go to together tomorrow i lost my little buddy today he wasnt feeling good .. so had to bring him home first thing ... and i did a bad thing i forgot to eat lunch kept working and trying to keep and doing as much as i can to get this one done bye friday and it should be done bye then ... well im already cleaned up and ready fopr beddy bye nighty night love and big hugs stay strong and keep shifting forward and thinking positive making all the changes you need in your life to make it what you want .....
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Ruby,

Your FIL sounds like a narcissist. Not pleasant people to have in one's life. I have one, too, and understand completely. It's all about them.

You have my utmost sympathy.

Feel free to bitch anytime.
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Georgie, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Please, take care of yourself.
                      I had a lovely Yahoo chat with Fen earlier and met Mrs Fen, and then James turned up and Fen met him. I've been rushing around like a chook with its head cut off all day, but it isn't over yet. I found some blood on Chicken's wing so we're off to the avian vet in a couple of hours.
                      Also, had a FB message from Ashe's cousin Sherrie, (she's singularly rich in cousins) who has told me "Ashe is desperate need of help Aunty Mish," and that's kind of thrown me off my equilibrium a bit. I had to go to the Post Office (7 to 10 working days, Fen) and when I walked past the bottle shop I had a momentary desire to walk in and buy a bottle of champagne, but marched right on past. Now, more than ever, I need to be strong for her.
                      Coco, so good to see you posting, but wish it was under happier circumstances.
                      Ruby, I'm incensed at your FIL. What a waste of space. You're too generous of spirit, but I admire you for it. It just reinforces to me what a great lady you are.
                      MB, I'm divorced. Don't ever think you're being nosy. If it's something I don't want to put up on the thread I'll always PM you, so ask away, dear heart.
                      Thinking of you all as I go about my day. You're all very close in my heart at the moment. I can tell you details about Ashe I couldn't repeat to anyone else, and it helps to unload.
                      Love and hugs.
                      :h Mish :h
                      sigpic
                      Never give up...
                      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                      Remaining a perpetual possibility
                      Only in a world of speculation.
                      What might have been and what has been
                      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

good morning one and all ... lets all have an awesome day remember count down to the new year ....
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi all
                          Not going to work, 1 kid to doc this a.m. and 1 kid to orthodontist p.m. and rehearsal tonight for me, looking for new peeps to play with......watched 1/2 gone with the wind with kids last night. I am cold and must go sit in front of heater....later

Comment

Birdy...I am Scarlett O'hara in disguise!!! AS a young girl growing up in Atlanta, she was required reading!! Enjoy you day off love
                            Oh Mishy......I am worried about Ashe. I really am.....and I agree with you about Ruby's FIL...both are you are spitfires at heart but kind and tender on the outside. I need to practice that more!! I have no filter between heart and mouth and it gets me in trouble.
                            ok...I am at work and must tend to things
                            tootles....jah nay nay Scarlett

Comment

Oh, Fiddle-Dee-Dee, I'll think of that tomorrow........
                              I was born and raised in the land of 'Gone With The Wind'. A late writer friend of mine had met the author, my Daddy was called about moving the house she lived in for restoration. I can tick off the ancestors who served in the 'Great Disagreement', and those before who were slaveholders, plantation owners, etc. It's not a brag, or a commentary on an age, it's just a fact I've researched.
                              The girls were here at 7 AM. We huddled on the couch under a comforter for a while, then Grace cooked cheese eggs while I made buttered toast with jelly. Kitchen is a bloody mess now. Mad finally dragged herself up and beautified herself, but in the meantime they got into a slapping match, so of course Grace had to call her Daddy. When I told her he was working and she shouldn't, she looked at me with a tear streaked face and said 'My Daddy said I can ALWAYS call him.' 'Nuff said, I can't argue with that. It was obvious to me she needs the reassurance her Daddy is always there for her.
                              Got a tearful call at 8 AM from a renter whose husband had attacked her, thrown her and her disabled father, and their child, out in the middle of the night. Police were called, he's in jail, so they have to move. *&^%$ Great way to start the new year.
                              Shaniqua is pushing me to get on the lam. Hubs is still trying to diffuse the pissing dog situation, but I've backed as far as I will. I can rent that cottage in a heartbeat. Maybe they'll move in with Hub's 1/2 brother and let them share the love for a while. OK, I'm being mean again. I'll be alright, sometime soon.
                              sigpic

Comment

I just watched this, and whatever your religious or spiritual beliefs, I defy you to watch without something stirring in your soul about the 'angels unaware among us'.
                                Free Videos Online - Charter.net
                                http://youtu.be/tmlTHfVaU9o[/video]]This is my story (Part 1) - YouTube
                                http://youtu.be/a4LSEXsvRAI[/video]]This is my story (Part 2) - YouTube

Ben died on Christmas Day, yet his family in their loss, feels peace. As for myself, I feel it too. Maybe that's what's wrong with mean people, they don't know where to look for it.
                                I hope I haven't upset anyone, or gotten too 'deep' with this, just something I wanted to share with my favorite people about a remarkable boy. I'm still my crazy irreverrant self, but there is that part of me I want to share. With addictions, we face it more than we know. I'm going to be sure all my teens watch this, to give them some idea of the world outside themselves and their current dramas.
                                I'm sorry to be a downer, again, friends.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X