The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for december

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubes, Mrs. Fen and I are going to our cabin for New Year's, too. Can't imagine a better place to be, for us and for you and hubs.

You are so right about your in laws. Hubs can't allow them to talk to you meanly...that's shocking! You have done so much for them...hauling MIL all over, etc. You deserve some respect from them after how many years of marriage with hubs? Mrs. Fen's dad was a bit testy with me for a few years, but he loves me now. I can't imagine how hard it would be to put up with such an ornery pair for so long.

Anyway, you and hubs have a nice time at the cabin. Nothing like a cabin to help one to unwind. :h

Comment

Oh My Gosh - SO much going on!! I didn't have time to post this morning 'cos I overslept! I guess for once my Clopen caught up with me. Got to bed really late (around 1.00 I think). hubs woke me around 3.30 and I found it really hard to get back to sleep - most unusual for me! Finally got back to sleep and when alarm went off at five, I switched it off! I am supposed to leave at 6.35 and I woke up at 6.20!! I fed the dogs, put them out and still managed to be at work on time !! Go me! the only time I have ever been late is when I got into a fender bender on the way to work!! but I didn't even have my cup of tea!

Anyway - gosh - all of you have all this stuff going on - golly, where to start - maybe I shouldn't. maybe I will just sit all this out and listen! There is just too much too comment on and catch up on. I will join in next time round.

love and hugs to all,

Sun XX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Thanks, Fenny, and I know you'll be in squirrel heaven with your honey and starting a new year, away from all the rest of the world. Hubs is a very quiet, solid man. I know he's supported me without me knowing, but like I told him today, I NEED to know, because it just reaffirms how we feel about the same thing. He has some trust issues, still, and they ARE his parents, so he's used to accomodating their behavior. MIL showed out when she came in for our Christmas dinner, and daughter called her on it. (Daughter had made VERY mild Mimosas, which were largely untouched) but MIL acted like they were the worst thing she'd ever tasted. Daughter told her to save the dramatics for someone else!! MIL loves to show me up in my own home at these occasions, and I told Hubs I've had it with that too. So, we're on the same page, and that's all that matters!
        They have always worshipped Hubs, and I don't think ANYONE would ever make them happy, so I yam what I yam, and he still loves me, we're still mostly happy after 41+ years. That's the crux of their problem.
        Take some pics for us, OK, while you're there (G rated here, but you can PM me the others!!). I know you love the place, like I love mine, and he's going just to suit me. I won't make this issue any harder on him than I have to. Thanks for your understanding. BTW, you said the old guy loves you now, and that's great. FIL loves NO ONE but himself, so ain't gonna happen.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Oh, Ruby, did I forget to tell you that I'm gonna be at your cabin for New Year's??? You did say that I could come anytime....didn't you????? I promise NOT to bring any of my dogs.........LOL!

Seriously, I am happy that you and your hubby will be able to get away and be ALONE!!! That is the place where you need to be. Like I told you last night...I had a father-in-law that sounds an awful lot like yours.....and I did not "like" him one bit...he was mean and nasty.
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Honey, you just come on! You won't interrupt a thing! So good to see you here, dear friend.
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Oh, p.s. I think my street name is "door mat"......I hope when I grow up I can be like my super-hero Jan...or Jahnaynay.....(??)....

Comment

Rubes....if you can convince somebody to come pick me up...I'll be there! I promise you won't even know I'm there...I'll just sleep in the most beautiful fairy room and slip out and walk in your beautiful woods and find the trails......your hubby won't even know I'm there.....

Comment

If I could get away, I'd be on the road, love. Can't believe you really remember the 'fairy room', since so many guests don't even notice the decor. Hubs wouldn't mind you a bit, probably be happy the dogs burrow up with you for a change! We will make plans soon, if we have to get a bus running to make the trip between my cabin, Mississippi, and Tick Hollow. We have a VW bus, but that's ANOTHER whole sordid story, so I'll happily rent a van if we can get a driver. I'm only supposed to ride 20 minutes at a time (yeah, right!). Remember that gruesome drive to the airport??
                  sigpic

Comment

hey there folks just too tired so just want to say love and big hugs nighty night
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I'm supposed to ride only 20 minutes at a time too...kind of hard when it takes me a minimum of 45 minutes one way to work! Oh I definitely remember the ride to the airport.....such lovely traffic!! I so hope I can visit your cabin in the summer and I LOVE the fairy room....of course, the "special" nightgown is a must!! Anyway, you have a GREAT time.....and please, try to let everything else go. Enjoy your hubby AND yourself!:h

Comment

Hey, little brother. BIG hugs to you and nighty night to you too. I am heading that way now. Enjoy your weekend.

Comment

Kell, everytime I'm at the cabin, I read the messages left by visitors. Yours and Vick, RC, T and his family, Mary Ann, - I feel like you're all there with me each time. And the greatest joy I get from it, besides working outside in my flowers and at the stream, is when I share it with my friends. Of course, I love shutting myself away in my fluffy bed and watching old movies, but waking up to friends soaking in the porch views (sometimes in a fluffy handmade nightgown!) is a real treasure.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ruby...YOU are a real treasure! I need to go get in my fluffy nightgown now because I am fading fast. I love you all and hope you have a GREAT night!

Comment

Howdy mates ! Just dropping in to say hello.......Pleasent dreams Grateful and T. I'll be hovering around while I watch a bowl game tonight....Keep Jamin' man !
                              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

HEY EVERYONE - I am here too!!!!!!!
                                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Working...
                                X