Fourth time back and so sick of myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is really uplifting to see your responses. How amazing that so many of you have been where I am. Yes, Supercrew, I could probably be your mom too although I only have one, occasionally two, glasses at any family or social gatherings because I KNOW I can't have more than that in front of the kids or friends. Still, I am a bad example because I can never say no to a glass of wine. And I think they do make sure they have it on hand when I'm around. Another reason to stop. Many years ago at a Christmas gathering I did drink way too much though and sat in a poinsettia plant instead of the chair. Each year, the kids bring that up and it has become a favorite family story. I laugh too but on the inside, I'm appalled.
    I am going to religiously check in each day on MWO and see if I can do better this time. I'm not quite reaady to throw out the rest of my red wine yet. Maybe soon. I'm pretty sure I won't drink today though so one day at a time. The really weird thing is that we have a cabinet full of liquor that I never touch nor have I ever been tempted. Also have several bottles of white wine on hand that I have had on occasion but am never tempted when I stop drinking. Red is my friend and temptress, I guess. Off to work out and then much to stay busy with today. Thank you all for your responses. I will keep coming back for inspiration and support!

Comment

Red is my friend and temptress, I guess.

No offense but alcohol, (red wine included), is a liquid generated by the fermentation of sugar and is an intoxicant...it's not your friend, in fact it is the reason why you are coming to a forum for people who are addicted to alcohol, because it is causing issues in your life. Don't fool yourself. Friends are people who care about you.

Comment

GD - Supercrew tells the truth! I really like that about him, I have to admit. Cuts through the b.s. every time. Thanks for keeping us honest, SC.

Comment

I know Supercrew is right too, just am having a difficult time letting go.

Comment

Working...
          X