Army Thread 7th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 7th December

KTAB;1221784 wrote: I had three leads on work the past couple of days which have come to nothing and that has really put me right in the dumps again. Then I read of a homeless man in his 40s sleeping rough in dublin. He was found dead this morning and they blame the cold. Jeez what a way to end your days, I count my many blessings.
    That makes me so sad and angry on so many levels.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

Panno and KTAB :l:l to both of you.

Yes it's a count your blessings morning all right when you hear stories like that. So called civilised country and people sleeping on the streets. Makes you mad.

I'm not getting ready cos I keep coming back on here to see what you're all up to!

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

one2many;1221788 wrote: Feckin BLEEDER, I am SO glad your daughter has you and hubby tho, you will see her thru and make it a Happy Christmas for the little fella. Your poor daughter muse be distraught.
        I think she knew it was coming, it gets exaggerated because its Christmas and kids are involved. Like you Oney we love christmas and children make it so special, she'll get through, besides all he does is play on his x box anyway and stay in bed till afternoon....think she wears blinkers sometimes:H
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

Panno;1221791 wrote: I think she knew it was coming, it gets exaggerated because its Christmas and kids are involved. Like you Oney we love christmas and children make it so special, she'll get through, besides all he does is play on his x box anyway and stay in bed till afternoon....think she wears blinkers sometimes:H
          She will come to realise he is no big loss in time but as you said, Christmas exaggerates things and she is wondering how she is gonna get thru...she will, with bells on xx
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

Hewwo, Army

Lunchtime check-in. Its decidedly wintry today. I even put on a warm jacket when I went out for a stroll. No tourist-gazing for me today. I did score some croissants for lunch - over-catering at a meeting organised by a colleague.
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

JackieClaire;1221779 wrote:

Oooooooh Sooty, ladies what lunch.
              Only the local Harvester JC so we can have a healthy salad .... just got to avoid the blue cheese dressing and that's easier said than done

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

Sausage sandwich for moi then orff over the frozen wastes to work.

Stick the kettle on about 6ish, there's a love.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

There must be something in the pox ridden air, was up in Tesco feeling a bit glum and this song was playing, had to go to my car and have a cry........

Feckin mental mare I am, WTF is up with that??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tb6CM_XIhk[/video]]Roy Orbison - Pretty Paper - YouTube

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

mollyka;1221800 wrote: I FRIGGIN am gonna count my blessings -- you're so right Tabbers -- what a godawful way to go - and tough and all as we are finding things FFS we have food and a roof and a family that love us - yep:agreed: big girl pants goin on as we speak --- so to speak

Panno, that is horrible, on all fronts --- and of course she's better off without him - fucking bastard, but yeah, christmas is the saddest time to be sad, the poor girlie, and those poor little nippers, tho they will be soooo much better off in the long run:l. Morning everyone else --- sorry to have been a moaning minnie, actually think an oul weep was good - told hubs and Jilly to just ignore me that I was being miserable and they were delighted in a way -- deffo would have bottled up (pardon the pun) and if not today - tomorrow would have found a bottle in my bag

They've just gone to buy the christmas tree --- god help the poor man, she can make building the Taj Mahal a small feat in comparison to her picking the tree!! Gonna enjoy christmas
                    Maybe you are right and a little weep is good, I always feel so fuckin TIRED afterwards like I have been slapped around..Told ya...feckin mental I am.

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

We wont argue with ya, you know best........
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

Hi guys.
                        Big hugs to Panno and Molly and all who need them :l:l:l
                        Yep emotions do run higher at this time of year. Well mine certainly do.
                        Really really missing my mum at the mo, but still feel so lucky in many many ways. Sometimes its hard to feel that gratitude but its something we must work at.
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

Hiya Starty, sorry you are down.

I have been out and bought cake this morning and am stuffing my chops like a demented hamster, because I decided I'm worth it.

For Molly:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bH7YelA86Q[/video]]Chas and Dave- Snooker Loopy - YouTube

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

Hiya Tabblers, sorry too about the job leads
                            I am not down exactly, just more emotional than usual I think
                            Yes, you defo are woth it. Enjoy
                            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

mmm did somebody mention cake :clapping2:
                              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Army Thread 7th December

Yep twas me and its chocolate cake too :tonguemonkey:

Comment

Working...
                                X