Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is nothing to fear, only my potential?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(It was suggested i post this in general)

6.30 a.m. here on a beautiful wednesday morning. 7th day of summer, and my 5th day of re-claimed freedom. The 5th day of deciding, and choosing to take my life back.

I don't think we need to 'wait' for sobriety. It is here with me today, right now. I know we need to at least get that first AF week out of the way, and that can take up all our focus and energy. But my attitude is this. Once we have 'settled' i.e. our withdrawal's have settled down, and/or disappeared, which can take a while for some of us, we can seize the day. We can start to live now. There is no reason not to adopt that attitude of living right now, on day 3, 4, 5, or 12. Why not? Yep, it can be scary, new, bamboozling! even, but for me, we can decide to be who we want to be, who we are, at anytime. We don't have to wait for 6 months or 1, 2 years sobriety, we can go for it NOW.

Today i am relaxed, but ruthless with my sobriety. Today, to protect my sobriety and precious life, i will take no prisoners, there will be no mercy, there is nothing to fear, only my potential.

And this i embrace, with open arms, and faith in me.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

love it, love it, love it Mr G
    hope you are well ,love !!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

WOW, Niiiice
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Excellent post G !
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

What happened that changed 21/2 years not drinking... that's all I want to know...what made you drink again?
          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

fluff;1222181 wrote: What happened that changed 21/2 years not drinking... that's all I want to know...what made you drink again?
            Hi Fluff,

I had never intended to never drink again when i last stopped, and whilst AF life was thrilling and amazing, i had 'unfinished business' with myself and booze. So, one day out of the blue in April this year, i conciously and deliberately chose to try moderation. I didn't fall into the old hell or abyss again, but i could see it coming, and that was scary. Conclusion? I'm not interested in having 1, 2, 3 drinks. No, i want to keep drinking to get numb. Like most of us, this is just how i'm 'wired'. I just had to prove it to myself. (again!) It's a waste of my precious time, and i'm not my best for a couple of days after drinking. Even with just a little AL in my system, i had a more negative vibe. Not for me. Right now, there's no room for booze in my life. It slows me down, and takes off my edge. I've got a few things i want to accomplish, and not lazing away the days with a drink in my hand works for me.

And it's okay. I am learning to accept this. I much prefer sobriety anyway. I'm sharper, lively, relaxed, far more productive, happy, and.......lookin' goooood.

There are no negatives in being sober. It's win win all the way no matter which way you look at it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
            X