Stressed and craving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stressed and craving

This is my first holiday season sober in over 10 years. I had forgot how stressful this season can get. Between xmas parties with people trying to get you to drink, family stresses due to schedules, expectations and just basically getting on each others nerves, and of course work which for me starts the busiest time of the year for me (december to may). And of course throw PMS in there and man is my mind going wild. No way will i take a drink but right now i want to escape!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Stressed and craving

Red, try to give yourself a 'mind' escape, once a day. SO many ways to deal with stress, from chocolate to yoga, but congrats on this great effort. This is a difficult season, for everyone, but it can be done. Find the things, people, and places, that have helped. And don't worry about what people think if you don't drink. In 5 minutes, they won't think about you at all! If you feel the need, there are plenty excuses (I'm on antibiotics!).
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Stressed and craving

(((Red)))

I'm curious Red what business are you in that this is your busy season?

I two say :goodjob: on keeping sober thru all this pressure. I like hot baths and soothing music with candlelight myself to unwind when wanting to destress, of course, you have to find the time to do this. Walking or any type of exercise helps, even if only briefly, too.

The holidays will soon be over and that should take some of your stress off, hang in there. :l

Comment

Stressed and craving

nooo you are my sober buddy
        don't give into cravings
        I am celebrating 9 months on Thursday and will be 10 in January
        Christmas is gonna be hard without al but I will get there.....
        and so will you?!? Remember you said see you at 9 months, 10 months and beyond...
        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Stressed and craving

Thanks for responding. I am an accountant for 6 companies. December is the month i have to take care of all the year end tax planning and budgeting. January thru May is all the year end reviews and statement preps. I work in a very unique situation with these companies and it gets really stressful between now and May. All of the banking and bonding limits are set after the reviewed statements are completed. The owners need the statements to end up a certain way and it is my job tp make sure it happens. Thats a short version...the longer version would bore you to tears.

No i absolutely will not drink. Its just wierd because i have dealt with this stuf for so many years by drinking and forgeting. No it doesnt make it go away or get any better so whats the point. I would just end up with hangover and the same problems. I worked too hard to go back to that.

Next weekend the 17th is 9 months for me.

Corinne, i am still your sober buddy! See you at your 9 months on the 15th.
          AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Stressed and craving

Wow Red! Nearly nine months is wonderful. We just have to deal with stress as it comes in a healthy way, but obviously you know this!
            As for parties etc, I'm only just over 2 months so I'm just not going. I feel good about everything but I'm not ready to risk it.
            Have a great weekend!

Comment

Stressed and craving

Feel free to join my AF for Dec. club. I know that Dec. is a tough month to get through, but you can get through this. My birthday is in this month and I plan to have a sober birthday!
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Stressed and craving

red67;1223046 wrote: Thanks for responding. I am an accountant for 6 companies. December is the month i have to take care of all the year end tax planning and budgeting. January thru May is all the year end reviews and statement preps. I work in a very unique situation with these companies and it gets really stressful between now and May. All of the banking and bonding limits are set after the reviewed statements are completed. The owners need the statements to end up a certain way and it is my job tp make sure it happens. Thats a short version...the longer version would bore you to tears.

No i absolutely will not drink. Its just wierd because i have dealt with this stuf for so many years by drinking and forgeting. No it doesnt make it go away or get any better so whats the point. I would just end up with hangover and the same problems. I worked too hard to go back to that.

Next weekend the 17th is 9 months for me.

Corinne, i am still your sober buddy! See you at your 9 months on the 15th.
                Attached files [img]/converted_files/1726103=6450-attachment.jpg[/img]
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                X