Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 10th December

Good morning guys.
    Just read last nights thread. Jan, I do hope you are OK girl. Please check in when you can.
    So glad you could give her a call JC, it really helps to know someone is out there when the chips are down.

I have just been outside to look at the mose beautiful full moon. Been trying to take a picture of it. If I can get one that does it justice, I will post

Happy Saturday guys
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

good morning, still here, haven't got a clue wot went wrong yesgterday, still in cluod coockooland and can't see too well golnna go back to bed before hell breaks loose..night nightnight, feel pissed but without thre joys...going back to bed,...night,nihgt xxx
    ollie must be imn his bed..fucking amazingg...zzzxxxxxx

Comment

Hi Jan. It sounds like you got so overwhelmed with your situation hun.
      Take care

Comment

Good morning Starty, Jan and all to come.

I hope you'll feel better when you wake up, Jan.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Tiggeroo
          What you up to today?

Comment

Ahhhh, that's better 1st coffee down the hatch.

Nothing specific planned for today. The eldest cub is the busiest one: he continues his self-defence / unarmed combat lessons today. Quite amazing what a difference it has made. He's physically big (you should see the feet on him) but was quite clumsy. Let's just say that I'm very careful when we indulge in some horseplay.

Weather looks iffy: sunny but with a gusting wind. I was thinking of a braai tonight, but will have to reconsider.
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

startingover;1223285 wrote: Morning Tiggeroo
              What you up to today?
              LOL :H

I think I sensed the question forming in your head.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Ha ha! The Psychic Tiger!!

Learning self defence is great. Wonderful for mind and body I reckon.

Still dark here, no idea what weather is going to do today. I suspect crisp and bright tho which is nice

Comment

Just read back last nights thread. I hope you are feeling better Jan. Well done St JC of Noocastlle.

Hello to the Army. Off to the hills after a crap nights sleep due to Mr A snoring then freezing in the spare room.

Feel OK now and so grateful to MWO Army people helping me this past few weeks.

Comment

Morning Tips, Starty, Anon, Jan and everyone else to come:l
                    Hug this morning instead of my usual smiley face. Not depressed but I think a huggy was more appropriate today.

Comment

Morning Mrs A and Expatty.
                      Is everyone feeling a bit fragile today?

Comment

Hi Starty, Expat,Jan and Tips
                        Not fragile at all today .Feel I could conquer anything.
                        Even after a crap nights sleep.

Comment

I didn't get on here last night (well, I lurked for a few minutes early on but then turned off the computer). I did read back this morning though.
                          had to work late last night so I had to pick up my son from after-care-which goes till 18:45-for working parents who just can't pick up their kids till then. I rarely pick him up that late but I'm trying to get in as many work hours as possible before Christmas. I was in a great mood to have the long shitty week over with and looking forward to go pick up some Chinese, put on a DVD, turn on the Christmas tree and just chill out with my son at home.
                          BUT when I picked him up one of the ladies told me that he had been punished at lunch time. All I could think was "Oh shite, what this time?" Well, he had spit out his peas (he hates peas). So I'm thinking-well, that's not too bad. Then she goes on to tell me that he ran away from the table and would not sit down. When they threatened to punish him (Well, he said it in French but more or less he said "I don't give a shite if you punish me". Now THAT made me furious! I can understand he's hyperactive and has trouble with reading and shite but can't deal with INSOLENCE. He is rarely insolent at home but this type of behavior has been happening more and more often at school.
                          I think I've been too easy on him because I feel guilty about working so much and when I have him at home with me I spoil him.
                          But it had gone too far so I just grabbed his hand and started walking home. I knew I had to make an impression on him to see that his behavior was completely unacceptable (and I don't hit my kids). So pretty much when we got home ( my one action that I feel a bit guilty about was as we walked in the front door-I took the Christmas wreath down and put it in the cupboard as we walked in the house) We had a good long talk and I sent him to his room to do his homework. Then bath and dinner (a toasted ham and cheese sandwich with soup and a clementine for after instead of Chinese) Though I could have smacked him when he said that it was really good and he didn't mind not getting the Chinese afterall:H Little shite! But it's not like I'm not gonna feed the skinny little thing when it's so cold out. But he did cry when he had finished and I told him to go wash his teeth and straight to bed. No story. That we would try again in the morning-AND if I heard he had been insolent at school again-he'd get the same thing. NO treats. So he went to bed crying.
                          I curled up under the duvet feeling pretty shite myself because my evening was no fun either but I managed to get a good night's sleep after reading for about an hour (An Accidental Woman by Barbara Delinsky). He crawled into bed with me about 4 this morning and gave me a hug and said -I love you mum. I'm sorry.- He's still asleep .

Comment

Morning Army

Hope your ok LJ :l

Awe Expat they certainly fro test your patience but then tug on your heart strings... How do they do that :H:H
                            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Hello again, Army

Expattie: I think you're doing an incredible job with your kids, under difficult circumstances. You're a damn good mommy :l:l:l

I've been on pool duty. The fecking thing has two sets of steps which make up a quarter of the total area. The Kreepy Krawly (pool cleaner) can't get into those spaces, so they need to be vacuumed by hand. Next on the list is fertilising certain areas of the garden and the cayenne peppers I planted in pots in honour of RC. The biggest ones are starting to flower already. Also hoping for a fair harvest of granadillas.
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X