countdown to sobriety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

countdown to sobriety

i keep ending up in the same place... yep mostly drunk and sad. i have even got scared of posting here ... thinking i am boring the shit out of everyone... scared of reading posts..... i feel i cant help people. the only time i have ever sto.pped drinking for a good amount of time was when i found this site... and as i may have said before i had 3 wonderful proud and happy sober months. since then its slowly gone wonky. this year since march i gave myse lf 'permission ' to drink once a week. the drinking episodes were always alcoholic drinking, not social. in the last few months i have been drunk twice a week, i have got into bad situations, i have missed work......... do i need to go on. well i think i need a day to stop drinking. i think the new year would be as good as any.... alllbeit cliched in the most likely day to fail.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

countdown to sobriety

sorry im continuing.. ijust know that i get logged out if my post is too long. today i have been drinking. after leaving work. my cat toto has been to vets to get done (lose his christmas balls) tomorrow at work i am very upset about being in a meeting where folk are being told there jobs are redundant. and all in all i can find an excuse in anything . tommorow is my work christmas party and i have made the quiz. well ill just leave my thoughts for a moment

Comment

countdown to sobriety

Hey Spuds never ever feel afraid of coming here. I know people say New Year is a cliche to start resolutions and you set yourself to fail, well personally IMO thats bullshit, correct me if I'm wrong but I think Chillgirl date is 1st Jan and she will be 2 years..what better example can you get. You go for :l:l
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

countdown to sobriety

Why not have a sober Christmas Spud?
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

countdown to sobriety

i am inspired by chillgirl sober date
          onely. i do hope to have a sober xmas but i dont know if i can. my all isnt in it enough. as far as xmas goes. im not a party animal anymore. i may want one drunken night over xmas..which is one too many. last year i drank on xmas day ( after the family doo) and next time on 3rd jan.... i got over all the new years eve jolity... so yes maybe this year i can have a sober xmas. i know if i come here more often it will help but ive got myself in a funny place where im scared. yep i know its bonkers as i know how much i love being here. gotta keep trying

Comment

countdown to sobriety

Spuds have a read of Oneys thread...A Sober Christmas No ......way (sorry can't do the link) this could very well give you the inspiration your looking for, I know you don't have children but its very thought provoking
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

countdown to sobriety

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...way-53891.html
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

countdown to sobriety

Thanks Drifty

Comment

countdown to sobriety

Go for it Spud!

You can do it.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

countdown to sobriety

Here for you Spud. You can do this, but you have to WANT to do this
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

countdown to sobriety

You can do this! You just need to change your mindset. With that mindset this will be harder on you. With the mindset that I can and will do this, will make it easier.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

countdown to sobriety

Go for it Spuds. Let's all have a sober Christmas.
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

countdown to sobriety

Do it Spuds! We're all rooting for you! xo
                          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

countdown to sobriety

Whenever you decide to start, we'll be here to help you.

Comment

countdown to sobriety

Hi Spuds,
                              Good to see you here and see that you?re still trying! I know your goal is to be sober on 1-1-12. Can I ask why you want to wait? I have found that the longer I go on drinking, the harder it is to quit?so you would be doing yourself a favor if you quit earlier. Another thing I?ve found helpful is quitting on a Friday. Days 1-3 are the hardest. The first weekend is the hardest. So why not get them both done at the same time?
                              Anyway, I?m glad to see you posting. Please hang in there and let us know how you are doing. Just remember that the sooner you quit, the easier it will be.
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X