eek. help.xmas party tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help help help. i had it all planned. its my work xmas party. i was giving people a drive there. the car is broken so i now have to get there another way. im determined not to drink. but i know how weak i am and if i dont have to drive the option of having a drink is feeling too easy. i need some strength or resolve or something. i dont want to drink cos i know what happens. but if im not driving i am scared that i will say... oh yes.... ill just have a quick vodka..but i know what happens when i do.... eeek eeek eeke.... any suggestions... i cant not go as i am in charge of the money and the quiczz
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Spuds, sending you some cyber strength for your party. I am in the same dilemma. Its my husbands Xmas party tonite. I have the problem of getting really anxious before going out and I have had the habit of having a couple of drinks before I go out to an event. Then of course its a few drinks at the event as well. I plan to not make a big deal of getting ready and not try to look so perfect (not that I ever do). That should help with the anxiety before getting ready.

The only thing else I can offer, which is what I will try to do, is become a very conscious observer of everyone at the party. I will look at the people that are really getting drunk with amusement. I will really listen to the people who aren't drunk and remind myself that I will remember what we actually talked about. I will remind myself that I will be able to enjoy the food and remember what I ate the next day. Good luck with the party! Peace

Comment

come on spuds....drink soda...or show up and leave...
      I had a function a few weeks back and had some wine, but that was it...I was dtermined to watch myslef and was able to....but not everyone can do that
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey there duckling :l

1. EAT before you go
        2. BE CERTAIN you won't drink
        By that I mean, set yourself a concrete goal.. Today, I will not drink. Period. Not an option.
        3. Reconsider Antabuse

Good luck, spudling!!!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

i have a christmas party tommorow.. I WILL NOT DRINK. COME HELL OR HIGH WATER I WILL NOT DRINK AT THE CHRISTMAS PARTY . I BELIEVE IT AND IT IS TRUE.... I WILL NOT DRINK AT THE CHRISTMAS PARTY TOMMOROW.... maybe the day after i will drink BUT AT THE PARTY TOMOROOW... I WILLL NOT DRINK. ...... i am determined. thank you. i can .ican ican

Comment

xmas party

i am quite excited/scared. i am quizmaster. i have made a quiz and i have to stand up and ask the questions....... can i do it......yes i can.... could i do it drunk... no i cant......... I CAN DO THIS...... I CAN DO A CHRISTMAS LUNCH AND BE MISSY CHRISTMAS,,, AND DO THE QUIZ AND BE A HAPPY HOLLIDDAY POLLYSPUDS.......... OH YES I CAN. please give me some support cos you know im just saying that to big myself up......... now lets here it for the quiz and the outcome..... ps im very nice and i have got presetnts for the winners...... whhhhoooooh sobere xxx

Comment

I WILL NOT DRINK AT THE CHRISTMAS PARTY TOMMOROOOWWWW. IF I DO ..... ANYONE HERE HAS THE RIGHT TO GET A GUN.... OR A PRETEND GUN TO MUY HEAD AND KILLL ME.... OR JUST SAY SOMETHING BAD TO ME . BUT IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE DRINING
              DDDD

Comment

I FEEL I MAY B E REPEATING MESELF ...... MESELF IS A GEOURDIE ACCESNT .... BUT NEVER MINGD..... I WILL NOT BE RINKING TOMMRIOOMEEKIJRFV;ZDFOIVADOIFVNASD;KFVNZKDFLJVNZDF LKVN DFKVNADKFJVNKDFJVNKDFJVNKDFJNVDKSVNDSKNSDNSDKJFN.. ......... THAT IS MY TYPING WHEN IM TRYING TOO HARD AND NOW AM PERPLEXED OH BUGGER..... ILLL BE BALKING AM INURE AND MEBEICM THAT IS SO WROND I REALISE IS I TRY TO SAY ILL BE BACK IN AMINUETE BYHT BUYT BUT OT IT COMES OUT WRONE

Comment

SORRY I JUST READ THAT AND REALIZE THE WORDS HAVE GONE WRONG WHEN I TYPIMG;;;;;; NOTE TO SELF WILLL TO BETTER

Comment

DEEP BREATHS... THE WORDS ARE COMING OUT NOW;;;;;; OH BUGGER. I AM HAPPY THAT MY DRINKING DAYS ARE SOON OVER//////// NOTHING EVER GOOD HAD COME OUT OUT OF DRIMKIMNG..... ONLY SAND SNAD DEPRESSION D AND SHITE SHITE PISSY SHITE. THE THIEF ON MY TOUNGE HAD STOLEN MY BRAIN

Comment

Spuds,
                      How are you doing right now? Seems like you're upset and need to drink some water and maybe call it a night?
                      Take care my friend.
                      K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

i havent been here since these ramblings.... but im delighted to say... i didnt drink at the christmas party... mostly because i was feeling so crappy .... hmmm you may notice i was somewhat under the influence ..... sorry (as ever). i managed to be quiz mistress and think i got away with the bleary eyes. i have drank twice since.... as ever, after the initial 'buzz' i always end up in a mess and feeling down (i say feeling but im not sure im feeling anything at that point.... the numbing). im still on a countdown to sobriety in 2012. if anyone reads this i wish you all the happiest best things for christmas and the coming year. as always big big love and respect for everyone here.

Comment

Spuddleduck, you really touch my heart. You are so sincere and honest. There is no filter between your brain and your words. That is not an insult. It's a compliment. I am proud to say that I have been accused of the same affliction and I wouldn't have it any other way. I know you are still struggling with drinking but you achieved a GREAT goal when you managed to abstain on that one special night. You can take that success and build on it. Maybe choose another goal in the near future. I am not exactly where I want to be in my journey to control my alcohol intake but have gained so much insight from the pure ramblings of people like you.

Take care and please take more of those amazing baby steps.
                          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                          X