Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to PaulaW

Hey PaulaW,
    I'm scared to try PMing (kinda computer illiterate)
    The 'sleep inducing' anti-anxiety pills I was talking about are trazadone. They make me sleepy within 30 minutes of taking them, I sleep through the night, and feel no sleepy hangover the next day like other 'sleeping pills' I've tried. My doc knows I have a binge drinking problem and seems to be good about keeping me away from meds that you can't take with alcohol but I have never really researched this med. My guess is anything that makes you sleepy should not take if drinking, but....
    Hope that helps.
    Dove

to PaulaW

Thanks ever so much,

If I had something to make me sleep I wouldn't want the alcohol, as that was the start of my drinking many years ago.

Thanks ever so much & how are you doing at the min???

I'm sat with a glass of water on my 2nd AF nite and feeling OK.

Didn't get much sleep last night though but I'm determined to give it a try this time.

Thanks again & take care, Paula :h :l :h
    sigpicXXX

Comment

to PaulaW

Paula,
      I'm doing okay, thanks. I've been doring well with one or two drinks a night since x'mas until yesterday. I thought I could control it. I had two glasses of wine at lunch and wanted to go see some friends so bought a six pack of light beer thinking I could just sip on these and be okay. Well, that would have worked if I could have stuck to my plan but they had red wine and today I feel kinda yucky. I had like 8 drinks over a 7 hour period of time. And I got drunk SO QUICKLY! I was drunk after the first TWO! I need to just not start drinking some days. I was in such a good mood it was like I was celebrating something. That seems to be when I drink the most. Weird, I think.

Anyway about pills for sleeping, I tried a lot before I found I like the trazadone. The usuals that docs in the U.S. give - ambien, lunesta, rosarium and others I don't know the names of - made the sleeping problems worse or made me so tired the next day I couldn't function. My advice is to get a few to try to figure out what works for your body. We're all different, you know.

Have a good day.

Dove

Comment

Working...
      X