day 211 af

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 211 af

Its day 211af and it is also week 30 af! Wed. is my 7th month anniversary of being af and I am loving life. I had a big craving earlier today (which is now not often and short lasting when they do happen) but I got my mind off al and told myself no, and the craving soon left. For those who are new/struggling, the longer that you remain af and don't drink, the better you will feel, and the easier that staying af, so hang in there! It will get better, but if you drink, those easy to stay af days including the weekends will never come.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

day 211 af

Great post Alison and congratulations on 30 weeks!
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

day 211 af

DriftyAlison0;1228365 wrote: Its day 211af and it is also week 30 af! Wed. is my 7th month anniversary of being af and I am loving life. I had a big craving earlier today (which is now not often and short lasting when they do happen) but I got my mind off al and told myself no, and the craving soon left. For those who are new/struggling, the longer that you remain af and don't drink, the better you will feel, and the easier that staying af, so hang in there! It will get better, but if you drink, those easy to stay af days including the weekends will never come.
      This thread contains all kinds of Attached files [img]/converted_files/1733347=6450-attachment.jpg[/img]
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

day 211 af

:wd::wd::wd: Well done!

Comment

day 211 af

Thanks everyone! It does feel real good waking up and not having a hangover and worrying about how bad it will be.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

day 211 af

Well done driftyalison0.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

day 211 af

awesome.....

I get sudden "I'd love a drink" urges then my head takes over and I get a diet pepsi out of the fridge

See you at 8 months.... and beyond
              I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

day 211 af

Hi Alison

Congratulations on 30 weeks. Brilliant.

Comment

day 211 af

Good Good Allison
                  Its Day 18 For Myself AF
                  Wow so good to hear that you are went so far, it can be done. .
                  These cravings are an annoyance, just any little thing from the past that makes me sad or depressed in a way will want me to run and get a bottle... I know alot of you know what I mean..

Comment

day 211 af

SO glad you keep posting about your journey through this. It's unimaginable how many have been helped by what you post. I don't count, but for anyone trying you give them more courage and confidence, just by posting your experience. So proud of you. What a great gift you've given yourself.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

day 211 af

Alison - you are an inspiration. Thanks for helping us along with your advice and experience .....makes us feel we can do it too!

Comment

day 211 af

Thumbs up from me too Drifty.
                        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

day 211 af

WOW Congratulations!!!
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

day 211 af

Gosh thanks everyone. Knowing that my journey is helping others is actually making me stronger. I know that if I were to mess up and drink, that I would not be a good role model, and disappoint people. And it is true. You all have it in you to quit for good. It may be a rough ride in the beginning and it may have it hard moments, but the alcohol free journey is so worth it. You will be clear headed, hangover free, and a person that if god forbid that something happens and they need you to help them out, that they know that they could count on you to do it and can guaranty that your sober and can drive safely or get help if you don't drive.

Comment

day 211 af

congratulations
                              Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                              If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                              November 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X