The New Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Me

Changed my Avatar and would have liked to change my name from Tipplerette to Serenity but don't want to lose contact with those who know me by Tips.

Fake it Til you Feel it. This motto has been my mantra and a successful one at that in my life. If you act happy, you eventually feel happy.

If you act confident, you eventually feel confident.

I am a serene non-drinker. That's who I am. That's what I am telling myself from this moment forward. I don't waste time obsessing over drinking. I, simply don't drink. Drinking alcohol does not agree with me or what I stand for. In my case, the obsession was worse than the actual drinking problem but, as we all know, it only gets worse.

I don't moderate. It's too much thinking. My mind is better occupied with other more creative endeavors.

In the evenings, I practice piano, I read, I jump on my mini-trampoline and sometimes I work on my novel. It's who I am and what I do.

Fake it til you feel it. It works.

Serenity
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

The New Me

Loving this!
    i totally agree!

Comment

The New Me

Tipps, you sound serious this time! Believe me, it was a 180 degree turnabout for me.....if I can do it, so can you.........here for support and cheerleading!

Comment

The New Me

Great job!! But remember, it's not "fake" if you are doing it.

Comment

The New Me

Well done Tips, It sounds good.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

The New Me

So far so good.
            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The New Me

OK, question after looking at your goals. Do they mean that you'll be drinking at the end of December/NYE? Just curious - not judging, promise!:l

Comment

The New Me

Tip, what a wonderful motto and attitude. Like 'Field of Dreams', where they say 'if you build it, they will come, I think 'If you believe it, it will be.' And you truly sound like you believe it. Isn't it crazy how much time we've spent agonizing over when to drink, how much to drink, how we behave when we drink? Very good plan, and enjoy your sobriety.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

The New Me

You sound good, Ms. Serenity, aka Tips Very happy for you :l
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The New Me

Thanks guys, one step at a time. Little goals. My goal is to get this monkey off my back forever... I can't think long term. MWO taught me to take baby steps.
                    Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The New Me

Unwasted;1229557 wrote: OK, question after looking at your goals. Do they mean that you'll be drinking at the end of December/NYE? Just curious - not judging, promise!:l
                      My goals are misleading but I plan to NOT drink between Christmas and Jan. 1st for the record.
                      Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The New Me

i like your style serenity.
                        good concept, & i agree about mwo teaching baby steps. i had clue whatsoever about how small the steps had to be until i'd been on here a while. still reading, learning, posting, AND SUCCEEDING in small but important ways.

Comment

The New Me

Hey Tips

Sounds really good! You can do it Tips/Serenity. Hang in there.

Comment

The New Me

At first I used all the MWO recommendations. Who was I to think I could just wing it without any tools. I have started re-reading the book and organizing my supplements.

Today I made my Christmas Eve Feast: weird combination of French Canadian food and Indian food of all things. We'll have tortieres (meat pies), Ragout which is a stew made out of pigs feet simmered in broth for hours, shrimp curry, lamb curry, sweet & sour chicken wings, bean salad and a green salad along with rice and potatoes. My house smells yummy.
                            Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                            X