One year ago today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One year ago today...

I decided I wanted to be sober for the rest of my life. Well here I am! Sober and happy about it! My life has improved dramatically, I am in great shape, my work life is flourishing, and my relationships have all improved immensely.

I was at a point last year where my career was uncertain, my marriage was on the rocks, I was overweight with high blood pressure and I was uncertain that I could live without alcohol in my life.

I only wish I would have come to this conclusion 10 years earlier. Life is great, and it's only getting better! I now know that anything I can conceive and believe, I can acheive!

Thank you for the support the last couple of months! And please remember, beating this thing called addiction is as easy or as hard as YOU want to make it. There are no reasons to drink, only excuses!!

One year ago today...

I am so happy for you Supercrew!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

One year ago today...

WOW!!!

That is great to hear! You are always inspiring to me.
      What a huge turn-around you've done. Amazing!

Comment

One year ago today...

Supercrew;1229947 wrote: I decided I wanted to be sober for the rest of my life. Well here I am! Sober and happy about it! My life has improved dramatically, I am in great shape, my work life is flourishing, and my relationships have all improved immensely.

I was at a point last year where my career was uncertain, my marriage was on the rocks, I was overweight with high blood pressure and I was uncertain that I could live without alcohol in my life.

I only wish I would have come to this conclusion 10 years earlier. Life is great, and it's only getting better! I now know that anything I can conceive and believe, I can acheive!

Thank you for the support the last couple of months! And please remember, beating this thing called addiction is as easy or as hard as YOU want to make it. There are no reasons to drink, only excuses!!

What a great post! Agreed, I wish had started this journey a llllllllllllllllong time ago. And that quote about conceive, believe, and achieve was very inspiring.

Congrats on making your first AF year, I wish you many more to follow.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1737686=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

One year ago today...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so glad you joined MWO. Your presence here is invaluable. Thanks, Peace

Comment

One year ago today...

Thank you everyone! I'm really enjoying this forum!

Comment

One year ago today...

Hey Supercrew,

Big congrats on a whole year AF. That's no mean feat and you have my admiration!!! Conceive, Believe, Achieve.....wonderful quote!
              It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
              Mother Theresa

Comment

One year ago today...

Congrats Supercrew! I keep wanting to type Superscrew! :H

Very inspiring and I think you're absolutely right... we can make it as easy or difficult as WE chose. Well said, well done
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

One year ago today...

What a wonderful post...I think that a lot of folks (myself included) will find themselves truly motivated by it. I want to be able to say the same thing in a year. :h

Comment

One year ago today...

A WHOLE YEAR

Wow Supercrew! I have thought for years about how great it would be to make it an entire year. I feel like I can do it. Still can't imagine drinking.
                    You should be so proud!

Comment

One year ago today...

Congratulations! And thanks for all of your help here at MWO.

Comment

One year ago today...

Outstanding post and congratulations on your new life!
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

One year ago today...

Thanks again everyone, time to get on with day 1...year 2! Heading to the gym!

Comment

One year ago today...

Thanks for posting this Supercrew, great stuff.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

One year ago today...

Yay for year 1 and for starting year 2! Congrats on your progress, SC- and your motivational posts!
                              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Working...
                              X