• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Wednesday 21st December

stirly-girly;1230460 wrote:
    Thank you so much
    I am now feeling the lurve.:h

I am going to have some ME time tonight. But any help with Mother of the Bride speech very welcome.:thanks:

Also my very first boyfreind has just tracked me down. We were 16 do the maths.Oh, that must have been a surprise. I looked up the guy that I had my first real crush on back when I was in my early teens. I was looking at his piccie on FB and wondering who that old guy was. Then I realized that if he saw my picture he'd probably wonder the same about me. :H Actually, he's still good looking. Has been married and divorced 3 times and has 6 kids.
    Zenstyle;1230484 wrote: Awww that's so cute about your first boyfriend Whizzy....

Never been the mother of the bride so I'm not much use there. Maybe there are websites with speech ideas though...
    Great idea Zennie-butt. I bet there are. There are sites for everything. Mrs. A, you would probably get some good ideas there.
    Zenstyle;1230495 wrote:
    I must away to the shops. Groan.

Won't be too long so yous still may be around... but if not... xxx
    See you tomorrow then. I'm off myself in a bit but first I have to tell youz something that happened here today that I'm still gobsmacked by.

I cleaned out my office today (otherwise known as the spare room). Let me say here that I am not a horder, but I do not throw things out easily if I think they could still be useful. Anyway, I came across a purse that I'd been using on and off over the past few days simply because it holds a bit more than some of my other ones, but is lighter in weight. However the zipper is broken and has been for about a year now. Suddenly, peed off at myself for hanging on to this purse with a broken zipper and remembering another purse that I bought but will never use, plus a couple of pieces of clothing, I decided to go down and hang them on the re-cycle bin down the street from us. We live on a fairly busy street and whenever I've left something like that out, it's usually gone within half and hour, tops. So I trotted myself down to the bin and hung the broken-zipper purse on the bin handle and then in front of that, the other little purse. About 45 minutes later, as I was sauteing some ground beef for a stew, I suddenly thought - did I check out that purse really well - pockets and such? Trotted back down to the bins and low and behold, the little purse was gone as were the articles of clothing but the broken-zipper purse was still there. Right there, on the spot, I checked out the one and only zippered pocket that it had and what did I find? My passport, alien's permit, bank book and a paper with my social insurance number printed on it. Crikey, what a shock. I managed to make it back to our apartment building but climbing the stairs was a major achievement due to shaking so much. Dawg, what I would have had to go through to replace those documents. They are now securely hidden and will never be put in my every-day purse again.

Troopers, am off to walk the dogger and then to bed.

Wishing you all

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Wow Stirly thank goodness you went back and thank goodness the purse was broken or no doubt it would have been taken!

Comment

:hallo:Army
        I survived my last day of work. Christmas break!!!!!!
        I've read back but am too delirious (not from alcohol!:H) to write.
        Sending hugs to you all and talk to you all in the morning.:l
        xxx

Comment

expat3;1230541 wrote: :hallo:Army
          I survived my last day of work. Christmas break!!!!!!
          I've read back but am too delirious (not from alcohol!:H) to write.
          Sending hugs to you all and talk to you all in the morning.:l
          xxx
          I know you are off to bed but thank you for your support this morning when I was feeling fed up:goodjob:

Comment

Thanks Stirly. He is now rich and famous. But I am fabulous and sober.
            Thanks for your lovely posts Nighty Night.

Comment

Just popped back to say nighty nighty meself.

So nighty night.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1230551 wrote: Just popped back to say nighty nighty meself.

So nighty night.
                nite JC

did you get your card?

I am not sure how I gonna sleep tonight, and boy do I need sleep..
                I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Hard to wind down after the day you've had I should think, hope you manage to switch off :l

Comment

sooty;1230557 wrote: Hard to wind down after the day you've had I should think, hope you manage to switch off :l
                    The insomnia fairy bites me on the bum most nights . have got music see if it helps
                    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

Comment

pingu1997;1230564 wrote: The insomnia fairy bites me on the bum most nights . have got music see if it helps
                      Do you take anything? I like the celestial seasonings sleepytime tea and think that helps a bit.

Comment

sooty;1230570 wrote: Do you take anything? I like the celestial seasonings sleepytime tea and think that helps a bit.
                        I got rather too fond of vodka wine and sominex every night so.i darent take anything now

Comment

Be very afraid Zen Look what NEARLY HAPPENED TO MOI. (sorry about the caitals)
                          Off to bed for me
                          Molly and Zen thanks for the messages I am a lucky woman.

Comment

Blimmin x posts

Comment

mollyka;1230589 wrote: Oh come back quick MrsA ---- my speed reading obviously wasn't up to speed WOT HAPPENED TO TOI?????
                              Got pulled over on way to hospital this morning. Random breathalysed (Christmas campaign)
                              Good result thanks to me me NOT giving way last night.
                              PHEW
                              Never take chances with a car.

Comment

Hello again

Been thinking (yes, I KNOW!). Lots of us have been struggling to keep up with the goings on in the barracks lately cos it's been so busy. How about if each day, perhaps early eveningish (UK time), one person posted a synopsis of the major events of the day so that folks who have been busy all day can get up to speed fairly quickly without having to read through pages and pages of chatter if they don't have the time or inclination? We could take it in turns, with each person doing one day a week or one day a fortnight perhaps? Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X