Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Thursday 22nd December

Good morning, folksies

I guess you are all still fast asleep, as long as the sleep fairy has done her bit.

An alarm in the neighbourhood started going off just before 5.00, so I decided to get up instead of trying to doze off again. Poxfeckers.

The one advantage of still working at this time of year is that the traffic is a breeze! We covered the 65km in 30 minutes. Woohoo!!! Mmmmm... now what could the other advantages be?

Anyhoo... have a lovely Thursday, and a happy hump day to Pingu
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Hiya Tigaroo
    I slept like a log again last night, lovely.
    Just one and a half more days until I break up for Christmas. Then 4 days off. Really looking forward to them now. My head seems to be in a better space. Hope it lasts
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good morning Tips, Starty and everyone else to come
      I don't have work today!! Why I'm up this early is a mystery:H. Nah, just my body clock is set to 6ish so I'm up. I've already checked emails, having second cup of coffee, rang my mum (she was in a good mood this morning) and now I'm off to walk pug dog. Brats are still sleeping.
      bacinabit xxx

Comment

Good morning expat,mr tips,and starty and of course all who drop by here.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning. had a boy sleep with me last night and he's refusing to wake up
          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Morning again!
            Hello Mario, Molly and Pingu
            Really scary about your friend Pingu. Hope he's better today. That must have been a horrifying experience. And for Mrs. A with her little grandson. I'm usually good in an emergency but then collapse in tears once it's over.
            Molly-never worry about coming on here in a whingeing mood. You know we'll all have our turn!:H

Comment

I am waiting to hear from my friends wife this morning see how he is. scared the crap out of me. i could tell by the panic in her voice that she thought he was on his way out.

On a lighter note i am taking the kids to see chipwrecked today. they are both very excited....
              I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

Comment

I read back and that must have been horrendous Pingu, hope he will be ok.

Anon, the poor little man, what a fright you must have got, I am going to bring Mia to the doc today just for the once over, you reminded me that you cannot be too careful.

My eldest is 12 years old today and I am feeling OLD!

Kids get half day and not back till 9th Jan!
                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I'm about to drop my son off at holiday camp (he's bouncing off the walls!) and then my daughter and I are going into Paris to walk around window shopping-too broke to buy anything else! we'll wait for the after-Christmas sales in January. But I think we're all set for Christmas.
                  And we're going to catch an early movie -Twilight:H. Not very Christmasy but what the hell. She's dying to see it and I can stomach it to a certain extent.
                  Hope you all have a lovely Thursday.:l
                  back laters xxx

Comment

one2many;1230757 wrote: I read back and that must have been horrendous Pingu, hope he will be ok.

Anon, the poor little man, what a fright you must have got, I am going to bring Mia to the doc today just for the once over, you reminded me that you cannot be too careful.

My eldest is 12 years old today and I am feeling OLD!

Kids get half day and not back till 9th Jan!
                    xpost Oney!
                    Happy Birthday to Adam:l!!!!!!
                    And you are NOT old!
                    Laters xxx

Comment

Thanks Expat xxxxx have a lovely day hon.

Yeah, as you know, the doctors are wank in the medical centra and only give antibiotics if the kid is on life support but I have a terrible fear of her being sick on Christmas Day and not enjoying it, she is complaining about her ears so could be an ear infection (which they don't give antibiotics for anymore????)
                      NIGHTMARE trying to get an app even tho I am a paying customer.......always seesm the ones on medical cards get them first

Tesco has GREAT bargains at the mo Mollers and check out the 1.50 shop!

If I Miss Fed Ex when I am at the doctors I will hang myself.

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;1230762 wrote: Thanks Expat xxxxx have a lovely day hon.

Yeah, as you know, the doctors are wank in the medical centra and only give antibiotics if the kid is on life support but I have a terrible fear of her being sick on Christmas Day and not enjoying it, she is complaining about her ears so could be an ear infection (which they don't give antibiotics for anymore????)
                        NIGHTMARE trying to get an app even tho I am a paying customer.......always seesm the ones on medical cards get them first

Tesco has GREAT bargains at the mo Mollers and check out the 1.50 shop!

If I Miss Fed Ex when I am at the doctors I will hang myself.
                        hope you get it sorted. Where we live they hand out antibiotics like smarties.....

my boy is 11, we are NOT old.....

Tigger's outfit choice today...... what can I say?!?

Comment

I feel old Pingu, maybe it's because my birthday is looming after Christmas and I am trying to pretend it is not happening.

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;1230764 wrote: I feel old Pingu, maybe it's because my birthday is looming after Christmas and I am trying to pretend it is not happening.
                            special birthday?

some of us have already been there, it's just another number really

Comment

mollyka;1230765 wrote: Surely they have to give antibiotics for ear infections of all things fecking bizarre if they don't!!! Think the 1.50 shop will be visited for older sons --- Joey's pile is like santas sleigh ffs and so far all I have found for them is socks and jocks:helpme:and the sellotape's gone missin!
                              Have Fed Ex not got your mobile no.? They usually ring before they arrive? Jilly got her 'very important' parcel yesterday -- albeit a day too late!
                              Apparently NOT....:upset::upset::upset:

The 1.50 is great, you will find them bits in there, let me know how you get on.

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X