Bummed out Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummed out Thursday

Well...day 80 and okay. Feeling a bit tired and bummed out today for some reason. Certainly nothing I would respond to by drinking but kind of weird.
    It's hard to stop a lifetime of negatice self-talk swirling around in your head sometimes. Even when you realize that you are doing the best you can.
    I've just been thinking about the kind of person I WAS, and that's not a good thing. Not that I was a serial killer or anything but I was a silly drunk.
    It is not productive to dwell in this place. Leaving my office, going home,bubble bath, and old ratty comforter on the couch. Feels like I might cry a bit.

But that's ok too. Good evening to all.

Bummed out Thursday

A friend of mine posted this quote on Facebook today:

"Nothing that happened before this moment has any power over you whatsoever, except to the extent to which you carry it into this moment. Dwell in the present with full forgiveness of yourself and others, and your life will be lifted to divine right order...perfection, prosperity and peace."

-- Marianne Williamson

Comment

Bummed out Thursday

You know, funny thing, sometimes a good cry is really what we need. Hope you get everything washed out and feel better.
      Comforter on the couch sounds yum. Cup of hot cocoa...make sure you get the mini marshmallows.
      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
      November 2, 2012

Comment

Bummed out Thursday

:l Ann,

I feel the same way today too. We'll get through it. Comforter on the couch is exactly where I'm headed too.

Hang in there. :h

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Bummed out Thursday

Ann,

I'm in the same place---low, a bit anxious, and in an odd place. I can't put my finger on it.

Negative thinking is hard to stop. Can you do a quick, unthinking switch to your positive side? Like making a quick right turn instead of left. Think of 3 things that you did right today, or went well, or something positive someone said. Play them over and over in your head.

Maybe it's the holidays, too, that are getting us down--forced happiness.

Day 80?! My gosh, that's some kind of achievement. I want to get there.

Juja:l
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Bummed out Thursday

Thanks guys

Thank you for support; you all are great.
            I'm home now and all is well. The weather here is unseasonably warm, so the balcony door is open and the cat's hanging out.
            I have much to be grateful for, and this little slump is a temporary bump in the road. Some meds I have to take are contributing to this I think.
            ALSO nothing like the new year to get things going. I was exercising a lot before I got sick a few weeks ago, so now it's time to get back into it.
            I did hike last weekend for a few hours but that is not enough to really count. After a good night's sleep I'll probably be much better.
            This would have been the kind of day that would have compelled me to drink in the past, possibly. It's nice to ride out life's ups and downs in a far more aware fashion.

Comment

Bummed out Thursday

Good on you Ann.

You are doing great.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Bummed out Thursday

Good on you Ann.

You are doing great. :l

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Bummed out Thursday

Sorry to hear about bummer day! Sure do hope thngs get better.. Yes we are having great weather what was it 70 today, but just heard we may have some severe weather going through. dunno about yourself but I love thunderstorms!

Comment

Bummed out Thursday

I have days like this too and you are right...I used to just drink right over them. But my 19 year old looked at me recently and said, Mom please stop.....so now I just muddle through...and I'm glad I do!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Bummed out Thursday

Ann, that kind of day here too. You are not alone - hang in there and deal with life on it's own terms! I'm learning to do it too - definitely not always easy, but I can always take a shower or bath, watch t.v., read........exercise is best but the weather sucks here today.

Sending us all peace and strength:l

Comment

Bummed out Thursday

Ann, I hate those kind of days, but in a weird way I kind of like them too. I like to find my favorite t shirt with the holes in it and just watch tv.
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Working...
                        X