Army Thread 23rd December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww what a lovely post, RC.:l We kinda like him too.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ahoy there Troopers!

Best wishes to you and Sean Zen.

I for one am looking forward to JC's RED VELVET CAKE! I seem to remember you've made it before and posted a pic. Amazing.

A safe, sober, and magical Christmas everyone. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Right back at ya G Bloke xx
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

"aloo Oney, Zennie and and the incredible Jackie Claire! :l
          OOO I just hit the advancer button and there is Mr G! :l
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Now can we have a big awwwwwwwwwwwww for Mr JC. He's on call tonight and it's called Mad Friday round these parts. Last Friday before Christmas and it'll drunk and disorderlies in the cells tonight.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1231683 wrote: Now can we have a big awwwwwwwwwwwww for Mr JC. He's on call tonight and it's called Mad Friday round these parts. Last Friday before Christmas and it'll drunk and disorderlies in the cells tonight.
              Oh Mr JC Have a good evening. I hope it is not too traumatic:upset:

Comment

RingingCedars;1231665 wrote: Hello Army,
                Zen what Reccie said up there. In fact, Reccie, I want to commend you for your synopsis writing and your always genuine, empathetic and just lovely posts. You are a treasure in the Army. So glad to see you coming along so well on your journey too.
                Hiya to Coconutter too and of course everyone.
                Merry Christmas Folks! xo
                Thanks RC.....you (and the other guys) have got me feeling all bashful now!

Hope you have a brilliant Christmas too!

Comment

Mr G,
                  Hopefully there should be a picture of the red velvet cake for you on Christmas morning.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zen so glad you got Sean home with you :l

Poor Mr JC what a job!!

And I echo everybody about Mr Panda bear :h

Now pass me those tissues please
                    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Where'd Stirls go. She went for a read back about an hour ago and has n'er been seen since.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ackshully, thinking about most of them will be to drunk to be interviewed so it'll be the poor bugger that's on at 9am tomorrow who'll have to front up at the Pollis station.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1231694 wrote: Looking for her reading glasses perchance?
                          :H:H:H

I'm laughing because whilst in Boots the Chemist today I decided I'd go see if I could get my eyes checked as they are getting really bad.......Mr P howled laughing because when we got to the department it said perscription not opticians... yes I definately need a stronger pair :H
                          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

mollyka;1231487 wrote: oh I'm so glad bout Mia, and don't worry, the food doesn't matter at the mo. lots of liquids as you know, and she'll be eating you out of house and home by christmas
                            Yeah I think the more you steep the ham the nicer, I've to cook mine tomorrow cos with the goose and the turkey I won't have room for it in the oven on christmas day -- will just give it a half hour before dinner to finish it off. I don't mind doing the stuffing, I made a potato one for the goose and my ordinary one for the turkey -- jeez I sound like Gordon fecking RamsayUm, er, Molly, if yer still around, I must ask.... just how much food do you cook for Christmas? So far there's ham and turkey and a goose and two kinds of stuffing. Good grief.
                            anon;1231528 wrote: Molly Mr A hates making speeches or anything like that.
                            My daughter (bride) thinks I can do anything. Probably right!!Mrs. A - when is the wedding? Sorry, I've forgotten.
                            ladyjan;1231527 wrote: Hiya....
                            brief synopsis......

Tree is nearly up, no more bad things going "in"...since this morn..

Keep it up Jan. As I said earlier, make this a Christmas your kids will want to remember.:huggy
                            Coco-Nut;1231549 wrote: Hello to all from your long-lost penguin pal! I hope everyone is doing well and ready for a nice holiday!

xxxx Coco
                            Hey Coco-nutty!! Good to see you!!!
                            JackieClaire;1231620 wrote:
                            Nope, full fat all the way and wait until I get going with the cream cheese frosting tomorrow.

Oh and the double cream for the chocolate cake.
                            Jaysus Jackie, I can feel the cholesterol building up as I read your post. Seriously tho', since you've been on low fat and no fat for months now, maybe you should take it a bit easy. Yer tummy might resent what yer throwing at it.
                            Zenstyle;1231623 wrote:
                            Sean update... He has diabetic ketoacidosis. He was supposed to stay there for round the clock care but I just couldn't afford it, so they sold me the IV fluids and I'm doing it myself. I've given him 200ml fluids and 4 big syringes of food processed cat food (force feeding basically). I have appetite stimulants left over from MacGregor so I've given him one of those also. And extra insulin.

The Zenners Animal Hospital is back in business.

What IS it with December and me and cats???

On the upside... I have a very valid excuse for not going to BJ's uncle and aunt's for Christmas.

And on an even better upside... Panno... that could not have come at a better time!!! I had literally just got done administering all of the above when the doorbell rang. I love you sister... :l:l:l Thank you so much for putting a smile on this face!!! xxx
                            Glad to hear that Sean is home and I know you will make sure he's as comfortable as possible and you'll be on top of his medications and food. Poor little guy. Seems like the only positive thing he got in life was to be adopted by you.
                            Zenstyle;1231629 wrote:
                            As an aside... if I had waited any longer getting him in to see her (to get the panel done) it might have been an irretrievable situation.

I thought he had an intestinal blockage and Cheryl and I thought we'd be coming home alone. So, all in all, result.

But... he's not going to be around for much longer now as the insulin just isn't doing the job. He's on 4ml 2x daily and she now tells me I can go to 5ml which pisses me off... why didn't she effing well call me and tell me that? Last time I bought the insulin I told them I thought he was becoming resistant to it... as he was on the top amount (4ml)... an since then she spoke to some professor or other and he said you can go to 5ml with cats and she didn't bloody call me to tell me. If she had, this would have been avoided. Anyway, it is what it is.

Rant over.

Calming down as we speak................Zennie - unfortunately we cannot count on doctors or vets or other medical workers to inform us about things that they should. At least Sean is home with you and you know what you have to do to make him as comfortable as possible for as long as he is still with you. You can't be expected to do more than that. Sending you virtual strength and hugs.
                            RingingCedars;1231665 wrote: Hello Army,
                            Zen what Reccie said up there. In fact, Reccie, I want to commend you for your synopsis writing and your always genuine, empathetic and just lovely posts. You are a treasure in the Army. So glad to see you coming along so well on your journey too.
                            Hiya to Coconutter too and of course every one.
                            Merry Christmas Folks! xoHiya RC!! Good to see you and Merry Christmas to you, too.

Ditto what you said about Reccie's synopsis. I'm gobsmacked at what a brilliant job he did.
                            Recluse;1231661 wrote:
                            Zenny.....I know it's not a perfect situation, but I'm really pleased you've been able to bring Sean home today. You'll have him through Christmas and into the New Year, which is great. And when his time does come, even though it won't be easy, at least you'll be better prepared for it. But we all hope he'll be with you for a while longer :l.
                            Again, ditto to what the PandaMan said.

I've been composing this for some time, while running back and forth to talk to Mr. Stirly who is again in need of some "me time". Sorry for any x-posts. Am now off to walk the dogger as the rain has let up somewhat.
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

There you are, Stirls. :l

By the time I've finished icing and frosting and trying to be a clever sod the cakes I'll be sick of the sight of them and prolly have a banana.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

WOW Stirly You are fab
                                Wedding 4pm next Thursday

Comment

Working...
                                X