X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 23rd December

A message about drunk driving

I have just received this - a good reminder to us all:

I would like to share an experience with you all about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the
    authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a
    few too many beers and some rather nice claret. Knowing full well I may have
    been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before - I took a
    bus home.

I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have
    never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it from.

Ha ha! Can you imagine waking up and finding a bus in your driveway???
    Coco

Comment

Quick flyby from me.

Hello nutty coco, good to see you again .

Zenny, thinking of you and sean here. Best of luck. I've got everything crossed for you. :l

Comment

Hello!!!!!
        Trying to read back. Posh dinners, possible man flu, Christmas trees going up....
        We have a telly.:H Expat -Welcome to almost 2012. Most people have them these days. Also got one of those wii thingies. Didn't know what it was. My MOTHER said we needed one. She knows more about shite then me. Only problem....all instructions were in Italian or Spanish. So my kind hearted ex-father-in-law went back and insisted on having them (instructions) in French. Trying to set up the wii now. Wish us luck!

Comment

Synopsis

Ok, here goes.....

Starty finished work at midday and wants to write a gratitude list for 2011. She's now off work till Wednesday.

Tips finished work at lunchtime and is also off till Wednesday.

Mr A is unwell again and Mrs A's daughter with the wisdom teeth (or should that be without the wisdom teeth?) is ill again and was back at the hospital last night. Doc prescribed amoxin this morning for Mr A's chest infection. Whizzy is racing tomorrow morning and then going for a long run in the afternoon. That's on top of a 12 mile slow run along the Wirral Way today!

Jan is busy putting her Christmas tree up and trying to do some last-minute present shopping. Loads of us have advised her to try to stay sober and clean over the holiday period so she can enjoy it and remember it afterwards!

Supergran had 9 people to feed for breakfast this morning! How so, Mrs A?

Expatty has bought a new telly today! :yay:

Jackie has been baking cakes like a mad one! Too many different kinds of cake to mention...

Panno had all sorts of mishaps this morning and then was cheered up when JC's present arrived .

Tabbers had the sniffles for a while, but looks like it may have been a false alarm.

Mario has been talking to himself again! He was intending to go and see Jim.

Sooty's doc has changed her blood pressure meds, and she seems to be ok .

Mollers' house is spotless cos she delegated the cleaning to everyone else. Clever girl! Mollers has wrapped all her presents and quite possibly a few other things too! Mr molly is taking the family out to dinner tonight at a posh restaurant. Enjoy!

Mia is much much better today. :yay:

Reccie will be going up to his mum's tomorrow for a Danish Christmas and trying to stay out of his gloomy brother's way as much as possible. Reccie had a short but useful session with his alcohol worker today.

Mrs A got her wedding speech planned while running this afternoon.

Sean is no better today and zenny is naturally very worried and taking him to the vet this morning (her time). We are all hoping for a happy outcome. Full reportage asap, please zenny :l.

Oh, and coconutty put in a very welcome appearance.

And finally, we still need a volunteer to do a synopsis on Saturdays. Would anyone like to volunteer to do a synopsis just for tomorrow (without commiting themselves any further than that)? I can't cos I will be travelling.

Edit: oh, that synopsis was a bit longer than I intended!

Comment

Fabulous Reccie.
            Breakfast
            Friend from Spain turned up =1
            Mr A Mrs A =2
            Daughter and son in Law= 2
            Daughter and Sin in Law=2
            grandchidren=3
            It was 10 as I was not counting moi
            How are things Recluse?

Hiya Coconut

Welcome to the world of TV Patty

Enjoy your early doors Molly

Comment

Thank you Reccie :thanks:

Expattie: you're going to LOVE the Wii. We use ours regularly.
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Things are pretty good, thanks, whizzy. You must have a really really big house. It would be a squeeze to get 3 people into mine!

Hello tips .

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1231601 wrote: Thank you Reccie :thanks:

Expattie: you're going to LOVE the Wii. We use ours regularly.
                  We've got the fecker set up. The kids are fighting over it for the moment as we figure it out.
                  But they seem really happy. They are doing sword fighting right now.:H

Comment

Evening All,

Reccybear, what can I say but :goodjob:
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Meant to say, Zens, check in when you can,hun.:l

And how's our wee Mia doing?
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening Army

Reccie you are going to be a hard act to follow

Expat sounds like a fun Christmas you will be having there

Sending hugs to Zen :l

Mrs A have you got room for one more just woke up after a nap to find Mr P cooking :upset:

JC how's the baking going all low fat I hope
                        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Oney hope Mia is feeling better :l

Had to do a separate message there I run out of emoticons
                          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

hi

sorry its late today, been manic, went to see my friend in hospital who is recovering nicely. Apparently his heart rate was 37 by the time the paramedics got to our house.. by which time he had started to come round.... scary

wont be around much these next few days. Going somewhere a bit remote from internet connection and then up to my parents who are stingy with use of the computer!

Waves to JackieClaire, will be just down the road from you near Boro

And I'll do the Tues summary but I can't do it next week for reasons mentioned above

Still freaking about a sober Christmas but I chatted to a recovering alkie last night and that helped a bit. Then went to frigginAsda today and got some nice al free stuff to take on our journey to the wilderness

Hello to everyone x
                            I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Nope, full fat all the way and wait until I get going with the cream cheese frosting tomorrow.

Oh and the double cream for the chocolate cake
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1231620 wrote: Nope, full fat all the way and wait until I get going with the cream cheese frosting tomorrow.

Oh and the double cream for the chocolate cake
                                Go for it :H:H:H

Hi Pingu

Comment

Working...
                                X