Army Thread Saturday 24th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a difficult situation oney, but you know that already. I guess most of us here are familiar with the problem of not being able to stop drinking once we start. If Rob goes out with friends who are heavy drinkers, it's going to be very hard for him to limit his own drinking in their company. But asking him not to go out with his friends at all is only going to create resentment. I can see your problem, unfortunately I can't think of a solution off the top of my head.

Comment

What about a sharp bow to the head with a blunt object lol??
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;1232096 wrote: What about a sharp bow to the head with a blunt object lol??
        :H
        It is the culture now to go out and get bladdered and be proud.
        Did my race this morning and my young nephew joined in. He lives in Henley and is home at my brothers for Christmas.
        They think if I can do it they must be able to run as well.
        AND they are right.
        Off at 1 for another run.
        Just seen the pictures of me from the race God I look awful but inside I feel great.

Comment

one2many;1232096 wrote: What about a sharp bow to the head with a blunt object lol??
          That might work! :H

Comment

Thanks molly. :l

I love your letter to Santa! :H:H:H

Comment

i was gonna put my santa face on but decided no,i wish to say to all you fine folks have a wonderful christmas, may it it be happy without trying to remember what you did yesterday due to over night experiences ? there are no finer people on erth then you folks take care all i do LOVE you ALL mE HAHAHA

Comment

Well who is that I see. Well it's the luvverly Gyco.

Merry Christmas,hun.:l:l:l
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Mr JC has unlocked the chain on the cooker for 15mins so I've had time for a read back.

Oh Reccybear, it's coming up to 7 years since my mother died. To put mildly we had a 'difficult' relationship. Seems every body else thought she was a blooming saint.

Oney, :l I don't know what to say hun, probably best to leave thing until after Christmas.

Mrs A, you're an inspiration. I shall now state my intention to run the Sport's Relief Mile next year and work up to the 5k run for Breast Cancer.

Anything else I missed
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Do you know, Molls, it's going quite canny.

Just got the red velvet cake to ice, one or two pressies to wrap and I'm good. Defo Chinese take out tonight though.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Happy Holidays Army Peeps!!!
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

And to you, MB. Make it a good one.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

At last! I've been trying to log on for ages and keep getting interrupted.

Good afternoon lovely peeps, not long now and the big man will have been and gone.

I woke ridiculously early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. So I took myself off to the supermarket to get me last minute bits and pieces. What a joy to be able to drive in the early morning, no worries about whether I'm safe and legal to drive or worrying about random breath checks. In the old days I quite simply wouldn't have gone.

Weather here ok temporarily so i'm off fora bitta fresh air. Catch you later xxx

Comment

@one too many
                            I was/am the same kind of drinker. It's still an alcoholic disease bkz we can't stop once we start. I am pretty sure it has to do with dopamine. And it's hard to chose to isolate yourself from "fun" and socializing when the rest of your time is spent in dreaded anxiety. I struggled with the same concept until i ended up in the ER and none of my drinking pals gave a damn. It's possible he can take baclfen steadily and naltrexone right before he drinks and still go out to drink. Only the eventual result will be he will be able to have a few drinks and leave when he had planned to, or he won't want to have any. I used to be jealous of people who would drink at the bar and then fall asleep. or those who can have 3 drinks and not want any more. Why couldn't I be like that? Well I couldn't because of my brain chemicals and the disease passed along by my celtic ancestors. My irish grandfather drank himself to death in Glasgow in 1947. I am sure he thought he was a social drinker too. make a deal, he can keep drinking but take the meds. maybe find someone over there that did this and get him to speak with him. I took Naltrexone before drinking for a while and it works. Baclofen is nothing short of a miracle.
                            Merry Christmas btw

Comment

Evening Army

Presents wrapped, late night casserole in, candles lit, about to make flower arrangements, mince pies cooking and smelling delicious .... Just hope any visiting guest do not open a drawer or cupboard :H
                              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

No time to check back, will do later...I am so so sorry Sean is worse today Zen, so glad he is with you where you can tend to him like only a Mammy can xxxx thinking of you xx
                                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X