Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread - Tuesday, 27th December

JackieClaire;1233724 wrote:
    Me and Mr JC are sitting here trying to think of an entirely dry nation and can only come up with a hesitant answer of Bhutan.
    :H:H:H
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

X-posting syndrome kicking in early today, Stirls.

It's been hotter here over the last few days than a couple of days we had during the Summer.

Aww Patty, were yer ears burning
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Haha Expat, am I, you tell us.
        Hi Stirly, very mild here, would get away without a coat maybe. Some change from this time last year.
        JC just pondering how different Irish society would be without booze and drugs....would certainly be easier for us lot.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I've fixed French toast for brunch. Should run out and get milk and bread for later.
          The French like to laugh about how much the British and Irish drink-but they seem to do a pretty good job themselves with wine and champagne. It kinda pisses me off to be honest. Not saying that the British and Irish (we could obviously add other countries to the list) don't drink too much but their hypocrisy (the French)is rather annoying.

Comment

Sunny and mildish today Definitely a big change from last year.
            We are going to get out for a walk and pick up a few things from the market.
            Back laters xxx

Comment

Is it not that the French just keep themselves topped up the entire day in a state of pleasant inebriation starting with the pastis first thing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

It is a different type of drinking though isn't it Expat? Wine is drunk with food and while there may be lots of it, it is a far cry from the larger lout mentality we see in the UK and Irish cities and towns in the early hours, I imagine or the hammering of shots to one purpose. I won't go into the Pernod etc with morning coffee however.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

You've now got me googling alcoholism in France, KT.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

expat3;1233729 wrote: Ya talking about moi???:H
                      Just saw an old French fellow bringing his bottles down....clank,clank,clank.
                      And I KNOW they did not have a "party".Sorry, back from a phone call....

Hiya ExPatty!!
                      JackieClaire;1233731 wrote: X-posting syndrome kicking in early today, Stirls.

It's been hotter here over the last few days than a couple of days we had during the Summer.

Aww Patty, were yer ears burning
                      You've had your share of strange weather this year. Cold when it should be hot an warm when it's usually freezing.
                      KTAB;1233732 wrote:
                      Haha Expat, am I, you tell us.
                      Hi Stirly, very mild here, would get away without a coat maybe. Some change from this time last year.
                      JC just pondering how different Irish society would be without booze and drugs....would certainly be easier for us lot.
                      KTAB - took this picture when we were in Athens yesterday.

You can see Mount Parnitha in the distance, covered with snow. Younger son told me that the ski resort they usually go to has 1-1/2 metres of snow. :shocked:

As for the booze and drugs, I don't think there is a country in the world that wouldn't be very different without them. Here, the usual present that is presented to the host or hostess is a bottle or two of wine or perhaps a bottle of whiskey. I've seen my kids invite 20 friends to their birthday party and get 10 bottles of booze as "presents". Mind you a bottle of whiskey is cheaper than buying them a nice top or a scarf or something but considering they don't usually drink at home, except for maybe a beer or a glass of wine with their evening meal, it's really a thoughtless gift IMO.

Comment

Morning mario.

What is this I hear, Stirls. You were on the phone and it wasn't me you were talking to.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Will I go and seee jim or will i not ?

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

KTAB;1233737 wrote: It is a different type of drinking though isn't it Expat? Wine is drunk with food and while there may be lots of it, it is a far cry from the larger lout mentality we see in the UK and Irish cities and towns in the early hours, I imagine or the hammering of shots to one purpose. I won't go into the Pernod etc with morning coffee however.
                            France and Ireland are at the top of the list for amount consumed. But you are right-they drink in different ways. But I think it can be decieving to think just because the drink is going down slowly from a crystal wine glass that it does not pose a danger. Anyway! Let's just not drink!:H Back laters xxx
                            Alcohol-loving countries - AskMen UK

Comment

mario;1233743 wrote: Will I go and seee jim or will i not ?
                              Go for it! If you feel up to it.

Comment

expat3;1233735 wrote: Sunny and mildish today Definitely a big change from last year.
                                We are going to get out for a walk and pick up a few things from the market.
                                Back laters xxxHave a good time ExPatty.
                                KTAB;1233737 wrote: It is a different type of drinking though isn't it Expat? Wine is drunk with food and while there may be lots of it, it is a far cry from the larger lout mentality we see in the UK and Irish cities and towns in the early hours, I imagine or the hammering of shots to one purpose. I won't go into the Pernod etc with morning coffee however.Young adults drink a lot here. Well, he ones who can afford it do. They go to nightclubs three and four times a week and their idea of fun is to drink and dance. Younger son was involved in that for a few years. Luckily he's now living with his girlfriend and things have changed. He's much more content to spend the evenings at home plus he really can't afford it and hasn't been able to for a few years now since he moved out and has to pay his living expenses. That has meant less worry for me, that's for sure. He used to come home at 4 or 5 in the morning after a night out and have to get up and go to work the next day. Sometimes he'd be too tired to drive the last few kilometres and pull over and sleep in some parking lot til the morning. Didn't like that much. :no:
                                mario;1233740 wrote:
                                Good morning
                                Hey Mario-man!!
                                JackieClaire;1233742 wrote:
                                Morning mario.

What is this I hear, Stirls. You were on the phone and it wasn't me you were talking to.
                                :H:H Mr. Stirly is at the store, work is very slow indeed so he's calling me on and off to see if there are any requests by e-mail from prospective customers that he could call. I gather he's bored to tears.

Comment

Working...
                                X