Army Thread Wednesday 28th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Xmas to him/her!!!! Can you bring a temp in, I imagine there's some good people on the job market at the moment, ..excel / finance not my strong point either
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

COCO!!!!!
      Come check in with us on the Journey thread.....
      Hiya Panno!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good evening, Army
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Juja;1234327 wrote: KTAB,

Usually before I read posts like yours I think, "Oh, no, I'm going to feel like a failure again." However, as I reassess myself, and this past year, I realize I haven't done too badly. Yes, I've drunk to excess on occasion, but had many AF days in a row, too. But for me, I am proudest of the fact that I did meet my biggest challenge: taking loving care of my mother. I see the appreciation in her eyes, and I gladly accept her dependence on me. I believe the woman finally understands what unconditional love is. She knows I will come through for her.

Yes, there are things I need to work on: my overall health, and my relationships, but for right now, I'm doing my best. If I try to be perfect, I will truly fail

I will remain positive, and work toward the betterment of my life and the world around me.

Juja
          Hi Juja, its great that you are seeing positive changes and that your relationship with your mum has reached the level it has. I have highlighted one part of your above post, for we are only human, perfection is impossible and we need to forgive ourselves our imperfections. If we strive to be a better, kinder person then we should find peace with that imo.

A big hello to my krill scoffing pal Coco nutcase, nice to see you posting.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I wouldn't say you are moping Zen, I would say you are keeing in touch with your feelings and sharing them. That's a positive thing for I know personally that my default setting for coping with grief is hiding in the bottom of a bottle. So you post away, no kicking of nether regions needed.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Zenstyle;1234398 wrote: Hiya again folksies...

Well.... I just posted about Sean's exit to the Rainbow Bridge on Facebook.... it felt awful... like the final curtain.

I have a very hard time dealing with mortality. And I'm really starting to see how much "numbing" I've done over the years. In all honesty, I think I have a problem dealing with life! Let alone death!!!

Very introspective here today. Please feel free to boot me in the arse and tell me to get my groove going. This moping isn't helping anything at all is it?
              No booting in the arse Zenners.:l
              I think the fact that you are grieving about Sean's passing is completely normal.
              It's still very recent. You need time, that's all. And he will always be in your heart. You gave him such a good home. But you can't be expected to forget him over night. :l

Comment

:h

Well.... I just posted about Sean's exit to the Rainbow Bridge on Facebook.... it felt awful... like the final curtain.

I have a very hard time dealing with mortality. And I'm really starting to see how much "numbing" I've done over the years. In all honesty, I think I have a problem dealing with life! Let alone death!!!

Very introspective here today. Please feel free to boot me in the arse and tell me to get my groove going. This moping isn't helping anything at all is it?
                Nope, moping doesn't help, but sometimes things are what they are. I won't tell you chin up, etc., because maybe you're not moping, just feeling sad, which is perfectly normal. Death is hard. Give yourself a break and feel what you're feeling--you're human, remember? The feeling will pass.

Tomorrow's another day...and it will probably be a bit brighter.

Love
                Juja:h
                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

You're not moping zenny, you're grieving, so a kick up the bum isn't going to help at all. I'm pretty dreadful at dealing with mortality too, so I think I have some idea of how shitty you're feeling. Go ahead and talk about it as much as you want if it'll help you to come to terms with what has happened.

Comment

we went here today, and by eck it was cold...

I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Zennified, you are as normal as they come hon .Your reaction is totally natural, you need to grieve. Hugs to you xx
                      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I think maybe Cheryl's grief has not hit her yet Zen, everyone deals with it differently but nobody escpaes having to go thru it, either now or in the long run xx

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Zenstyle;1234422 wrote: I'm really questioning my sanity today!!! I've done nothing Oners... nowt. Squat. Made some calls and let people know and I have sat, in my pajamas, in a stripped bed all day. Half of its in the washer, the rest is in the dryer, and I'll bet you I'll be sleeping without sheets tonight!!!!! :H
                          And SO WHAT?? WHO FECKIN CARES?? Will the world stop if you don't have sheets?? I think not, you do EXACTLY what you want to do today.......if that is nowt, so be it.....just be. xx

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Zenstyle;1234419 wrote: I wonder why some people deal so well with it and others are like this? Cheryl is fantastic with it. She lost her brother few weeks ago, let alone a pet, and dealt with it beautifully. (Mind you, after she put the last dog to sleep it took her 2 years to get another...)

You guys are so darn supportive... I should have known you would understand. I :h yous all...
                            sending you a purple hug from the slowest computer in the universe. One day technology will reach the North East.......
                            I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

pingu1997;1234426 wrote: sending you a purple hug from the slowest computer in the universe. One day technology will reach the North East.......
                              :H:H:H That would drive me mental Pingu lol

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Zenstyle;1234427 wrote: :l:l:l

Nowt it is then. Yer right, fuck it.

Now that I've given myself permission I think I'll go put what's in the washer in the dryer!!! :H
                                :H:H

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X