How much have you spent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much have you spent?

:upset: I have just worked out that over the course of 5 years my husband and I have spent a whopping ?31590 on booze and cigarettes. On alcohol alone is approx ?12000. It nearly gave me a heart attack.

For me I'm looking at it as an incentive to quit and but at the same time I want to kick myself for being soooo stupid.

Anyone comments?

How much have you spent?

Yes, my figures from alcohol and related madness are ridiculous too. You are not alone. Sounds like you are really @ a crossroad now. I wish you well on your new path!

Comment

How much have you spent?

Hi, I daren't count, but on the nights that we are AF, i'm putting the money that we would usually spend to treat ourselves with....

Take care, Paula xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

How much have you spent?

I refuse to calculate it out because it would make me sick as well. However, I have incentive to stay AF this week as our dryer just broke. Being AF is sort of like having a little savings account you forgot about isn't it? VERY good incentive to not waste our money or our health like that.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

How much have you spent?

I have no idea how much I have spent, I know it is ALOT!!!!
          Im looking foward to having a little extra money.

Comment

How much have you spent?

I dont know how much...but its too much....And its money i should have spent on my kids...
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

How much have you spent?

12/31/06 was my one year anniversary of quitting smoking....I figured I saved approx 1,180.00. And, I now have a little over 60 days af....that's about 1,200.00. Unfortunately, whenever I spend money on myself I say it is from this little fund....I think I have spent my booze and cig money a few times already ..

But on the upside, I have a beautiful new ring, a pair of beautiful new earrings, and series of 6 hour long massages at my local spa...not a bad trade off. The earrings will last much longer than a case of wine too

It certainly can be a motivator.
              Lisa

Comment

How much have you spent?

How Much $$

This has become a little game for me. I calculate that by quitting drinking in 2006--I have roughly saved $1,400.00 This is from the beer alone--it does not factor in long distance calls made while drinking, hangover food the next day ect. It also does not include any pain and suffering that was saved by quitting.

Now taking what I am saving on booze and adding the following:
                No more smoking
                No more daily Diet Pepsi and plain biscuit from Burger King
                Packing my luch daily for work

I will save roughly $550 net a month! This is net--not gross. What is gross is what I have spent in the past on my unhealthy addictions. There would be no way to calculate the true amount I have spent doing things that made me miserable and sick--but I do know I would :upset: if I knew.

Many would tell me to take some of the cash saved and "reward" myself. Being sober is more than I could ever ask for--and is a reward that I get to enjoy every minute. Anyways--the money I am saving now feels more like I am putting back money that never should have been spent in the first place.

Kim

Comment

How much have you spent?

At least ?80 a week for 7 years???

7x 52 = 364 x 8= 32 + 480+2400 = 2902x10= ?29020

:shocked: :boohoo: :bonkers: :damn:
                  Enough is enough

Comment

How much have you spent?

I have no clue how Waves figured that out or how she arrived at the final number but that is a lot. Hence why I refuse to calculate. Are you a math professor or something Waves!?? LOL.
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

How much have you spent?

Ha ha It's probably wrong! As long as I haven't understimated! Am going to add up savings from now on . It's less depressing.:l
                      Enough is enough

Comment

Working...
                      X