Army Thread 2nd January 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oi tipps cast your peepers on this ripper OH caught on his last fishing expedition.
    At last the hunter-gatherer comes out...

Comment

Oooooooooooooooh Mr JC's behind me and is shouting that Peter Gabriel was in GENESIS (and he saw them)

He's also seen THE WHO ( FIVE TIMES)

I'll just go and get him to lie down in a dark room with a wet dish cloth on his head.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

the scales read 1.83 kgs....

Comment

YES it is Peter Gabriel.....

Comment

Had to go and convert that into pounds, Beags. Still a bit backward in Yer Olde Englande.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello Molly!

Honey Roasted veg with Blue Cheese Polenta

cut 1 carrot, 2 fennel 1 onion & half sweet potato into 5mm thick slices.
              lay in greased oven dish.
              mix 1/4 cup honey, 1 tblspn lemon juice & 1 tblspn olive oil , pour over veg, then roast in 180 celcius oven until tender.
              boil 2 cups chook or veg stock, in a large saucepan.
              pour in half cup polenta (cornmeal) in thin stream, stirring all the time.
              keep stirring & cooking until polenta comes away from saucepan edges.
              take off heat, then stir in a big knob ( yes fellas we know we know) of butter, & a thick chunk of blue chees & lots of black pepper.
              spoon polenta onto plates & top with veg.
              I served mine with grilled chook thighs & it was amazing.
              enjoy!

Comment

Hugs to Molly

pingupants and tigger are finally going home.....
                I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Molly sending you big :l take care

No update other than they have not operated as yet it's bank holiday and the surgeon that's in is dealing with an emergency... Note to everyone don't be ill on a bank holiday!!!
                  Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

And how soon we forget 12 month old babies are not dolls and do not sleep when you want them too and will wee when they do not have a nappy on!!!
                    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Hi Army, sending lots of :l to Molly - really feel for you honey, hope you can get this monkey off your back soon.

Has anyone heard from Kat recently I haven't seen her about for a bit and wondered?

Dewdrop :h
                      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Back. Don't you love it when you go to pay bills, etc. and there are no queues to wait in.
                        JackieClaire;1236975 wrote: Crikey Stirls. Cross post, cross PM's and now cross Youtubes. What are we loik.:H:H
                        mollyka;1236984 wrote: Hiya folks, just logged on for a few minutes. Happy new year to you all, friends! Just having a few hassles at the moment, so will not be round for a while. Drink-linked, yes. Sorry for disappearing, that's why I'm posting this, I too hate when people do that, so just to let you know, I'll be fine, all sorts of stuff happening, and hopefully will be back to report on major progress. Love you all!
                        Molly dear, take care of yourself. Perhaps sticking by here instead of staying away would be better. Just saying. You know best of course. :huggy
                        pingu1997;1236986 wrote:
                        Hugs to Molly

pingupants and tigger are finally going home.....
                        Have a safe trip.

Beags, thanks for the recipe. It sounds delish. Mr. Stirly wouldn't eat polenta but I'll give it a try. Different kind of cheese tho'.

I do a dish of baked veggies called "briam". You put potato, onion, green pepper, zucchini (medium size) and eggplant (the long, thinnish purple ones) all cut into one-inch chunks in a baking dish. The amount you put of each veggie depends on how many servings you're planning to make. I usually make three and count about 6 pieces of each veggie per serving. For the amount I make - I pour 1/2 to 3/4 cup of EVOO over them then stir salt, garlic powder (or finely chopped garlic) and cayenne pepper into a 400-gr can of peeled, chopped tomatoes and pour that evenly over the veggies. Toss well, cover with tin foil and bake 1/2 hour in medium oven. Uncover and bake till all veggies are done (onions take longest). Make sure that the sauce doesn't get too thick. You may have to add some water after the tin foil comes off. You can add various things to this dish as well. I often add chunks of Greek feta (the only true kind of feta - the others are feta-type cheeses.). You can also add chicken pieces or little meat patties or chunks of country sausage if you want to add meat to the dish. I like it best with feta , second best with sausage. And you must have grilled rustic bread to sop up the sauce.
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Panno;1236990 wrote: And how soon we forget 12 month old babies are not dolls and do not sleep when you want them too and will wee when they do not have a nappy on!!!
                          :H:H:H That they will.

:helloewdrop.
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

morning army peeps. ive just remembered how bright and perky you lot are. im just crawling outa me duvet and already there are 5 pages of army chatter. i think you should be renammed the 'wide awake club'.
                            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Two amazing recipes to try thanks ladies, I know I need to check in here more often!
                              Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

hi dewdrop,spudsy & panno.
                                take no notice of stirls' ref to true feta.....I mean , really...:H:H

Danish fets is superb...as is persian..sooo silky smooth, a bit like Adam Sandler in that moive...where he is the Israeli spy turned hairdresser....soooo silky smooth...:H:H

But I love your idea stirls as for the veg......yummmm...MO!

Polishing off a lamb rack & oil spuds as we speak.....wanna know what oil spuds are/
                                mashed spuds with evoo & splash milk....just soooo silky smooth....:H

Comment

Working...
                                X