Army Thread 2nd January 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenstyle;1237301 wrote: I have Nikes too. I reckon they're both of the same quality...
    I'm too sodding lazy to run mind you...
    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

JackieClaire;1237285 wrote: ooh goody, I can put them in the washer.
      Have to come out of hibernation for this. The detergent can do serious damage to the cushioning they will look clean but lose ther support for running leading to knee and ankle problems.
      Rinsing is best.

Hiya everyone. Having a very lazy time watching crap TV and watching Mr A drink Margaritas which smell horrid.:new:

Comment

Zen I change my shoes every 6 months! Still cheaper than Gin.

Comment

x post Zen off to google washing running shoes

Comment

Zenstyle;1237312 wrote: You have to be very careful running on hard surfaces. I'm a treadmill only... can't do the tarmac... it brings out the worst in my scoliosis!!!
            Treadmill hard work for me I only last 10 minutes.:upset:.
            Done the google I do not think washing in the machine is good for your shoes.

Comment

I need runners too I think, I have new Adidas ones tho, will they do for walking?
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;1237318 wrote: I need runners too I think, I have new Adidas ones tho, will they do for walking?
                Brilliant. I think when you start out just get comfy running shoes.
                I only needed more specialized one when I started doing lots of miles every week and I found a particular pair that I was measured for etc at a proper running shop and after that ordered the same ones online Wiggle, Amazon etc. (half the price).
                I like Asics but use Saucony for races.
                Isn't this an Alkie forum?:H

Comment

Yes Oney great for walking!

Comment

Zenstyle;1237331 wrote: I don't understand that? How can it be harder than running on the roads? (Keep it up though! You're making me feel better!!! When I'm flagging I'm always saying to myself "Mrs A would whop your ass girl"!!!)
                    Not sure why it is so hard but I cannot last on a treadmill. I think I like being outside

Comment

anon;1237329 wrote: Brilliant. I think when you start out just get comfy running shoes.
                      I only needed more specialized one when I started doing lots of miles every week and I found a particular pair that I was measured for etc at a proper running shop and after that ordered the same ones online Wiggle, Amazon etc. (half the price).
                      I like Asics but use Saucony for races.
                      Isn't this an Alkie forum?:H
                      Point taken. But aren't alkies allowed to run.....
                      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

can't believe you all are talking about running shoes - I was just looking up some online. I think my shoes may have been partially responsible for my tight IT band. Anyway, going for a sports massage in the middle of the month. OAFT!
                        'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

oaft is just like saying oy vey! Everything is good here. Mr Cass is getting on well stateside. I am just looking at property prices in our area...think we will be saving for a LONG TIME! How are things with you?

x

Comment

Oh wow! I knew about Sean, bless but I didn't realize you split up with the man? What led to that decision? What about the pharmacy? Are you happier now? Is it likely to be permanent?

Questions questions questions. X

Comment

pingu1997;1237338 wrote: Point taken. But aren't alkies allowed to run.....
                              It was my attempt at irony Pingu.

Comment

Working...
                              X