Substitute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Substitute

My old substitute for alcahol last year was fizzy drinks...mainly cola....This year i want to loose some weight...

I like pure orange juice but after a couple of glasses it plays havoc with your stomach...

Apart from iced water i cant think of anything else..

Has anyone got any ideas for a healthy replacment???

I was gonna post this on recipes...but i think more people will see it here....It sounds like a small thing but if i can find a healthy drink i like it would make the world of difference.

Thanks Macks
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Substitute

How about light cranberry juice mixed with diet sprite???

Comment

Substitute

Diet cola?

Orange juice has a fair few calories too you know.

Sugar-free red bull is my 'tipple' of choice.

Comment

Substitute

I think it is really important to stay away from sugary drinks, or at least choose ones with less sugar. I am not a fan of fake sugar drinks although I drink them just to keep me from drinking wine. I figure they have to be a little healthier than alcohol.

Another thing I do is buy seltzer bubble water that has no sugar, put some in a big glass and put in about 1/4 cup of a healthy pure juice. As of late I have been doing blueberry and pomengranates juices because they are so good for you.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Substitute

I drink all kinds of sparkling water, I buy the ones in glass bottles, all kinds of flavors. But watch out for the ones flavored with high fructose corn syrup not good for you or a diet. I also drink tea all the time, bought some fancy ones of those to. I am also at the Starbucks(which is an overpriced coffee shop chain) alot.

Hope this helps
          sammys

P.S. I only walk on water when frozen

Comment

Substitute

I like sugar free Red Bull or Sobe Adrenalin Rush right now. After that I drink Crystal Light which is really good.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Substitute

Hi Macks,

Asda do a diet cranberry drink which is quite nice, but for me that could be just because it's red LOL

Or there is always slimline tonic or dry ginger, to me they don't taste like 'pop'

Paula :h :l :h
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Substitute

Hi Macks,
                I make a lot of herbal teas (black current leaves) in the morning and put it in the fridge. In the afternoon, when I need that stuff, I have a glass on the rocks, with a spoon of black current juice. It is very tasty, not that sweet and full of vitamins. Cheap too. My other drink is Perrier, lots of it.
                Lori
                *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Substitute

Owly wrote: Diet cola?

Orange juice has a fair few calories too you know.

Sugar-free red bull is my 'tipple' of choice.
                  LOL Owly...Seams like the obvious choice......

I dont see the point of diet cola.....Its like drinking shandy...WHY?

Comment

Substitute

Hi Macks,

You've obviously never had to watch your weight.... you know how many calories in 'full fat' coke........LOL

Paula xx
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

Substitute

Vimto but your kids will pinch it.
                      Enough is enough

Comment

Substitute

I'm with you Lori...herb tea. lately I've tried a Chinese white tea that's really good hot or cold.
                        I think aspartame is addictive and when I used to drink diet 7up I was crazy for it and drank tons of the crap...yuck!
                        I also found a loganberry concentrate at an ethnic market and will put a tiny squirt of that in some plain soda water for a taste treat. I drink odouls NA beer in the evenings quite a bit.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Substitute

Sure do! I used club soda as a substitute for a long time. Canada Dry makes 12 oz. individual bottles. Just fizzy water. I love it. It's also great with a little lemon or lime. No calories or carbs. There are also flavored, non sweetened variations, just be sure you don't grab the ones with sugar by mistake. I have done that.

Good luck with the weight loss!

Best
                          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Substitute

How about Diet tonic water with bitters? (do you have bitters there - as in lemon, lime and bitters?)
                            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Substitute

Dont i know it Waves.....
                              Flip, yeah we do have bitters....Quite a lot of good ideas here...It's gonna take me the rest of January to try them all out LOL..

Suppose thats part of the fun

Comment

Working...
                              X